Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old December 30th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Hero Proxy/Token Project (with Battlemat added)

The use of markers there is really brilliant david. I wish I had some of those.

I also want the wooden disks you used as a "shelf" on a ladder rung for non-rebased figures. I don't rebase my squads and sometimes its a pain to put them on ladders. Where did you get those disks at and how big are they?
Old December 30th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post

I also want the wooden disks you used as a "shelf" on a ladder rung for non-rebased figures. I don't rebase my squads and sometimes its a pain to put them on ladders. Where did you get those disks at and how big are they?
1-1/2" x 1/8" wood circles

If you have a Michael's or other craft supply store near you, you might check there so you don't have to buy 100 in one order. I know that Michael's in my area have a section devoted to wooden items. They have a peg board stocked with wooden items produced by the company Lara's Crafts. There, you will find rectangles, squares, stars, and circles of various sizes. The dimensions I quote above are what you'll need.

If you want to add extra thickness, just cut out a label sheet and attach to one side. Make sure you place the circle sticker-side down to prevent snagging the label on the rung. But I haven't needed that.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:46 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post

Just wanted to say, I use poker chips 11.5g fit great for me. You can also sticker the Turbo Lifts to them. Which is also a nice option for manhole covers as well.

C3G team building links.
Old February 25th, 2013, 04:51 PM

darkchaos452366 has disabled reputation

How much does a 500 bag of those cost shipping wise?
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchaos452366 View Post
How much does a 500 bag of those cost shipping wise?
Not certain about their shipping charges. It's been several years since I ordered from them, so I no longer knew my account login (if I even needed one back then). So I wasn't able to get a ship quote from the shopping cart, since I didn't want to set up an account just for that purpose.
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:07 PM

Where did you get the circles of heroes/minions and is there a download for it?
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchaos452366 View Post
Where did you get the circles of heroes/minions and is there a download for it?
I never completed those after buying the Heroclix figures, but here is the procedure I use.

Software (I used a Mac, so that's the type of software used):

Skitch - free screen capture program that let's you capture only a smaller, rectangular portion of the screen. I'm curious if there's a good PC equivalent, because I have a Windows 7 laptop.

Safari/Firefox - browser of choice. Used when I wanted to just pick a comic image from a Google image search. I did this for times when the Heroscape custom card used the mini instead of the comic.

Preview/Adobe Reader - to display the Heroscape custom card when there was a clear comic image I could use.

iWork's Pages - page layout program. When I did my generic game tokens with those numbers/symbols, I didn't have a Mac. I used Microsoft Publisher. I really like Publisher for doing this type of thing on PC. You want a program that lets you place images anywhere, and it needs to allow you to create shapes such as circles so you can overlay the comic image with a line that shows you where to cut for the wooden circles.

Equipment (optional)
Laminator, which I bought from Wal-Mart. I'll explain shortly

The long-winded, highly complicated, mildly intoxicating procedure

(1) I find the image I want to use. I either find an image on Google, or I use a Heroscape custom's card image. I display the image on my computer.

(2) Using Skitch's Crosshair Snapshot feature, I capture a section showing the face of the desired figure. "Hey, guys! My eyes are up here!" - Hawkgirl

(3) Save the captured image to jpg file.

(4) Drag jpg file to page layout program (Pages or Publisher), and position it where I want it to print (I usually do several per page).

(5) Create a transparent circle shape (that is, "no fill") where you can see images underneath the shape. If it isn't transparent, the circle will simply cover the image underneath. You want to be able to see both the image and the circle.

(6) Size the circle to match the size of the wooden discs (1" in my usage).

(7) Move the circle over the comic face image. I usually have to resize the comic face image where it will be the right size for the circle.

(8 ) Continue with other images until I'm ready to print, then print that sucker on full page label sheets. I use the Avery brand where the entire page is one big label where you can peel off the back.

(9) Laminate the label sheets. This is optional. I like to do this, because it protects the label. If you just place a label on it, the paper tends to get scratched over time. Of course, you could always just print a fresh batch.

(10) Cut the circles with scissors.

(11) Since the labels are laminated, you can easily peel the label apart with your fingernails. Attach to wooden circles.

(12) Brag to all your friends, who will all display an astonishing lack of interest. Punch them in the nose (optional!).

Sorry, there's no download.

Last edited by davidlhsl; April 5th, 2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old April 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM

thanks, luckily my mom has a laminater and I will "borrow" it from her for like a day. Thanks for the help

~dark

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion