Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 15th, 2008, 02:05 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Ninjas of the Northern Wind

I like to think that when the Ninja lands on the space occupied by the Nakita he is actually landing on her head and then hopping down to the next step unnoticed. But that's just me.

Old October 15th, 2009, 08:11 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

There are way too many ninjas now and most of them are not very good, but these guys are the original ninjas and still rock.

see they rock.....
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:15 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I don't know if anyone suggested this, but my idea for a custom mod of Ninjas of the Northern Wind to make them and all ninjas more playable is to combine Ghost Walk and Disengage into Phantom Walk and add Tricky Ninja Bonding.

This really helps out Shiori, Kumiko, and Otonashi. Having "Tricky" not in the power would also be helpful to Moriko, but might make Isamu more powerful than he already is. If you could somehow make it Female Ninja Hero Bonding, that would be best, but since this requires carefully looking at the card for "he" or "she" in powers, this would only be good for fun games and not necessarily Tournament Mods.

Being a Unique Squad that would have full bonding with a Unique Hero would be helpful, but not as helpful as a common squad having bonding. Opponents would most likely try to take out these ninjas first, but it takes away having to need order markers for about 2 ninja heroes for probably 3-4 rounds, and you would get only 1 or two turns with four figures being able to attack. But still this is better than nothing.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:46 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I don't know if anyone suggested this, but my idea for a custom mod of Ninjas of the Northern Wind to make them and all ninjas more playable is to combine Ghost Walk and Disengage into Phantom Walk and add Tricky Ninja Bonding.

This really helps out Shiori, Kumiko, and Otonashi. Having "Tricky" not in the power would also be helpful to Moriko, but might make Isamu more powerful than he already is. If you could somehow make it Female Ninja Hero Bonding, that would be best, but since this requires carefully looking at the card for "he" or "she" in powers, this would only be good for fun games and not necessarily Tournament Mods.

Being a Unique Squad that would have full bonding with a Unique Hero would be helpful, but not as helpful as a common squad having bonding. Opponents would most likely try to take out these ninjas first, but it takes away having to need order markers for about 2 ninja heroes for probably 3-4 rounds, and you would get only 1 or two turns with four figures being able to attack. But still this is better than nothing.
This should go in customizations. The books should be reserved for OFFICIAL rulings, rules clarifications, strategies, etc.
Old March 5th, 2012, 02:03 PM

Joemanmax Woo who?

Soooo...
I just want to be sure, since it doesn't look like there's been an official ruling, that the NotNW would be destroyed by the Rechets' Lethal Sting or not. I'd personally say that they wouldn't, just because I'd play that technically the ninja would roll to disappear (or is at least guaranteed a disappearing roll) after the first skull even though you wouldn't actually make the roll until after all the dice are rolled. Meanwhile, the Rechets do not destroy it until all skulls are rolled. Anyway, I think that "detroyed" would equal being "damaged," as being destroyed would fundamentally require being damaged in some way. However, I did read some convincing arguments on both sides. Alternatively, I don't see why the SoTM d20 roll wouldn't be a good fix to this. Anyway, I hope that I'm not annoying people by asking, though.
Old March 5th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemanmax View Post
Soooo...
I just want to be sure, since it doesn't look like there's been an official ruling
There has. Lethal Sting destroys the Ninja, who doesn't get to Disappear. Same with Isamu.

Old March 5th, 2012, 07:23 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Yep....it is in the official FAQ:

Quote:
Rechets of Bogdan

“Fields of Valor”
Does Lethal Sting allow a Ninja/Isamu to use Vanish or Disappear? No. When the Rechet rolls a skull on every die, the “attack phase” is over, and the figure is IMMEDIATELY destroyed. Much like other D20 destroy powers, things like Disappearing Ninja, and Stealth Armor 15 do not help against it. It’s an instant removal from the board.
Link in my signature

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; March 5th, 2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: When in doubt reference the FAQ
Old March 18th, 2012, 12:04 PM

Joemanmax Woo who?

Oh! Sorry, I didn't see anything when I looked I must have missed it. Thanks for clearing that up!
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:23 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Ah, my favorite Unique squad in the game. SOoo much fun to play! I've had tons of fun and success with these sneaky little assassins as they do their ninja dance across the fields of Valhalla. Underestimate them at your peril!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM

HarleyThomas is surprisingly tart

For a few points more I wouldn't have minded if they were common.

Might be more worthwhile if they were.
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Rembrandt of Repaints

bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think these guys are horrible, Special Attacks rip them up so badly that they are useless unless you know your opponent is bringing something like 4th Mass or Stingers or some other squad-based army with no real special attacks. Even normal attacks rip them up pretty quickly if they fail a D20 roll, which they will more than 50% of the time.

I want them to be good but I just don't see it. If they were common and 20 points less maybe...
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Do you play with SoV? They have a ninja that gives them bonding. Doesn't fix the special attack problem, but makes them pretty darn effective!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units