Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 6th, 2007, 10:05 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Last night: 700 pt. 2v2 castle siege.

Our opponents bring out all range figures and decimate our army. After round 5, I think there were 27 dead figures.

THEN, the revive glyph is landed on. 12 of our figures come back into play. 12 FIGURES! I've never seen that many 19 and 20s rolled.

So this is wonderful, right? Wrong. We still lost the game

But man, that was wild!
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:44 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly's Rage
It seems that I have chosen an engaging avatar. If it helps, the zipper does not work. I'm wondering how many lady forum goers there are?

To keep this post on topic, I remember another fantastic experience involving a million to one chances. Massivenewbage and I were playing w/500 point armies. I decided I wanted to shake things up a bit and try out some charecters I hardly ever played with. I ended up putting together a terrible Einar samuri army also utilizing the new heros and squads from wave 6 along with Raelin in the mix thinking "oh man, i'll totally get him with counter strike!". Yeah, never happened. With poor die rolls and my uncanny tendency to NOT READ THE CARDS ALL THE WAY (oh, what do you mean the gift of the Empress Aura only works with Eniar Kyrie?! ) I ended up with Kaemon and Empress Kiova verses a fully healthy Charos, all three Krav on a friggen MOUNTAIN, and some marro warriors (I think there was even more involved...his whole army was pretty healthy at that point). All of a sudden, the die rolls completely changed in my favor and Kaemon became this unstoppable powerhouse. And even though I was mad at the Empress, she proved her worth with her stealth flying to engage the Krav when I needed her to. I won that one without Kaemon ever getting touched.
Apparently I missed the party, so hi! There are at least a couple other ladies on here. I think funrun's one, but I can't be sure, I've only ever seen half her face. And my girlfriend's got an account, but that's mostly just to humour me

Kaemon Awa is a pimp, though he tends to die sooner than usual in games I use him. One day I hope to have your luck with him

Back on topic...this happened a while ago, but we had a 3-way CTF game going. It was only 300pts and I had Charos and Ne-Gok-Sa. One of my opponents had Airborne Elite. There were some Tarn Vikings in there somewhere and a bunch of other figs I've forgotten. Anyway, I sent Charos out early to wreck house. And he did. Between my two opponents, though, they got 7 wounds on him.

Finally, Ne-Gok-Sa began his dash for the flag (house rule-no fliers could take the flag). He managed to get to it and was on his way back when my one remaining opponent's figs started jumping in the way (the other guy had been knocked out except for the Elite who were still flying around somewhere). NGS breaks away and leaps from the castle, taking a couple wounds in the process.

NGS gets within 2 spaces of returning the flag ftw when, wouldn't you know it, the AE finally show up. At the absolute last possible moment, it looks like I'm going to get screwed out of this one! But then I win initiative...NGS steps forward...and rolls a 20 for Mindshackle! The AE are now mine, giving me that much bigger a margin of victory! Fun game with a couple heartstopping twists.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 6th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher

Our opponents bring out all range figures and decimate our army. After round 5, I think there were 27 dead figures.

THEN, the revive glyph is landed on. 12 of our figures come back into play. 12 FIGURES! I've never seen that many 19 and 20s rolled.

But man, that was wild!
That is great! This is the fun (other than tourney meetings with other people) that the game is designed for. That's a better revive rate than Bay Watch ever achieved on the beach!
Old March 6th, 2007, 03:10 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:

But man, that was wild!
That is great! This is the fun (other than tourney meetings with other people) that the game is designed for. That's a better revive rate than Bay Watch ever achieved on the beach!
The last game we used that revive glyph I got back Krug. On some level it was sad seeing my you son's heart break

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old March 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Quote:

But man, that was wild!
It was great Rev, we were all whoopin' and hollerin'! I think that was the most fun we've had playing Heroscape. Man, this is a GREAT game!
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:53 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
BWAhaha! Yeah! Revive five! (snap fingers after revive five)

Old March 14th, 2007, 05:21 PM

Harold Woo who?
tonight me and my bro played a small 400 vs 400 on a small map, using the draft wizard for our teams, i had mimring deathwalker 9000 and ne gok sa.
my brother had tarn vikings, thorgrim, marcus decimus, 4th mass and agent carr. needless to say i left ne gok sa at start and started trouncing his squads with mimring on a +1 defence glyph and deathwalker on the bridge we had in the middle of the map. carr attacked deathwalker once, no skulls, i threw defence anyway and whiffed it, no shields. oh well i thought lucky me.
after a while i had killed everything but marcus and thorgrim. and only had 2 wound markers on mimring, marcus and thorgrim made short work of mimring, taking almost no wounds.
then thorgrim went for deathwalker, and got a 1 skull, and i whiffed it again. 2 attacks on deathwalker and i whiffed em both.

now i was in some trouble, having only ne gok sa left, while my bro had thorgrim and marcus. i put ne gok sa on the +1 attack glyph my bro came with thorgrim. i just went for mindshackle and got a 20 after about 6 rolls, then it was all over.
Old March 14th, 2007, 06:24 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
i summoned one of my brother's marro warriors back from the dead. he went near his base. i then proceeded to, on the folowing turns, water clone some of his other dead marro warriors. which then also went to his base. they held him back for a while.

6 x 9 = 42

Old March 15th, 2007, 02:00 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
I've had the good fortune in one game to have my ninjas roll 20s all the time for disapearing ninja. It was pretty funny to see my opponet getting more and more frustrated as he tried to kill my ninjas over and over to only have it resulting in me being able to set up my ninjas for picking off his units one by one from each of his attacks. It was awesome. The next time I played though My ninjas only rolled over a 12 once wich really sucked.

Long live Heroscape.
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:54 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Weird happenings? I remember the last Forest City tourney where a lone Nakita and gorilla held a hill against half my opponent's army! Couldn't close due to Engagement Strike, but the smoke powder roll couldn't stop. It was at least three rounds that one Nakita held her ground. She eventually fell, but I won the game with my last Microcorp...close battle!
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:

But man, that was wild!
I was fascinated by this post so I ran the numbers...

The chances of rolling a 19 or 20 on twelve of twenty seven rolls is:

1 in 279,394

Wow! That's truly an awesome event.
Old March 16th, 2007, 03:31 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
eh

I almost lost a game to my little seven year old brother yesterday due to his high die rolls. It was so annoying. He didn't even have that great of a strategy!

Long live Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion