Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: How deep does your addiction go?
Heroscape? Cant stand it... give me Games Workshop any day 1 0.55%
Play it now and again... quite good, but not the best game out there 6 3.30%
Enjoy it on a weekly basis. Use the Heroscapers website! 42 23.08%
Play it quite alot, and surf the boards fairly often too 43 23.63%
NEED MORE SCAPE! Play it very often, on the boards all the time, cant go through a day without thinking of it 81 44.51%
Better than Sex! (no, really) 9 4.95%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 11th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
In terms of money....

I used to calculate this with every wave's release. Now it's just too ridiculous. :P It's well over $3000 worth of toys, storage containers, and travelling around to various game days. The old timers from the .net days used to talk about how cheap it was to play this game.

We aren't saying that anymore.

(Though in all seriousness this is a pretty cheap minis hobby when you consider it's over two years old.)
I have a good friend who is into R/C airplanes. He just spent $3k for one model airplane. Don't feel so badly about HeroScape and tourney travel.
And consider that we are all mega collectors who have multiples everything there is to get.
Old December 11th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
In terms of money....

I used to calculate this with every wave's release. Now it's just too ridiculous. :P It's well over $3000 worth of toys, storage containers, and travelling around to various game days. The old timers from the .net days used to talk about how cheap it was to play this game.

We aren't saying that anymore.

(Though in all seriousness this is a pretty cheap minis hobby when you consider it's over two years old.)
I have a good friend who is into R/C airplanes. He just spent $3k for one model airplane. Don't feel so badly about HeroScape and tourney travel.
And consider that we are all mega collectors who have multiples everything there is to get.
On top of that....I know for many of us DFW folks that Scape is just one in a long list of expensive hobbies we have. :P

When I compare the amount I've spent on some of my hobbies to what I've spent on Scape stuff it's still a bargain. But I stand by the assertion that this is no longer a single purchase one box kind of game.

Old December 11th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Oh, you are right, markwars, this is no "single purchase one box kind of game." This is a game; hobby; life-stye; progression. But I've yet to see (it may be coming) someone lose his or her house/job/spouse/life (physical) over the game.
Old December 11th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Oh, you are right, markwars, this is no "single purchase one box kind of game." This is a game; hobby; life-stye; progression. But I've yet to see (it may be coming) someone lose his or her house/job/spouse/life (physical) over the game.
There might be a few candidates here.....

Old December 11th, 2006, 06:01 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Oh, there may be some who are close; but my professional training tells me that HeroScape is a symptom and not the disease itself. <grin with worried looks at a few folks he knows and then an avoidance of the mirror>
Old December 11th, 2006, 11:10 PM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
If this answers anything, I just bought about $225 worth of HS stuff about 30 minutes ago...
Old December 12th, 2006, 12:24 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I haven't gotten much playing time in lately, in fact I've only played about twice in the past three months. But I will be buying multiples of wave six commons, and I just painted my own Nerak and Sir Hawthorne figures using another pack of knights and swog that i just bought (my fifth copy). And I check the boards here frequently to see if there is any news.
Old December 12th, 2006, 10:51 AM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
My name is SilverBlade... ...and I'm an HS addict.

Does spending the phone bill money on it mean anything? Wait! Before you answer, it was just 7 packs of old waves and there was only one of each left. ...So technically I did buy out the store, but it was hard to get stuff. So that makes it OK. ...right? Doesn't it? Now if I can just figure out how I'm gonna tell the wife I also spent the money for her Christmas gifts.

As for online: I have a real problem here. An isolated office and no supervision. Actually I'm supposed to be out there supervising everybody else. And at 11 avg posts a day, I don't buy that whole 90 min thing either Rev. It takes me unitl lunch just to catch up on the threads I'm tracking!

I really gotta go do some work...

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.
Old December 12th, 2006, 02:18 PM

You've gotta get more selective in your reading, Blade! <grin>
Old December 12th, 2006, 03:04 PM

TyG17 has disabled reputation
Love the hat Rev. I spend a whole lot of time on here... sometimes i am told too much but oh well, 'scape is that addicting. And i dont feel so bad if there are loads of other people.

Ty G
- There will never be another me...

Back from the dead...
Old December 12th, 2006, 05:00 PM

Thanks, TyG17. When you get to be as bald as I am, you learn to love your hats.
Old December 12th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I probably should have voted the second one, but went with the third because of how much time I spend here. After two years, I still enjoy the game, and like to play, but I also enjoy many other games. Heroscape is not always my first choice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion