Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old January 5th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Shadows Over Gotham: C3G Scenario - Design Phase

Yep, Harley should appear on level 1 but the water is on level 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The water is on level 2.
That's what I thought. I've built this map and the is a layer of land tiles under the water. I wasn't sure since I'm no cartographer, but I thought it made it level 2.
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Harley Quinn shouldn't be on the battlefield at all, because people may want to attack her, and who would roll defense dice?
The only problem I have with that is, honestly, I can't imagine anyone going into the sewer without her down there. Everyone starts on the upper level. Who would give up height to swoop down into the sewer? It's a wasted battlefield.
It is called an imagination. You have to imagine she is down there and you are looking for her, just like you have to imagine the threat of Batman showing up is real. Also, by having her on the map, you create a lot of FAQ situations because anyone can attack her, but who rolls defense for her? Who moves her when she rolls shields? Who gets the points when she is destroyed? etc.
No, I mean, gameplay-wise. If everyone starts on the top, there's no reason for anyone ever to go underground (unless we stuck glyphs down there or something but honestly I wouldn't want to do that much at all). But yeah, just having her start on Level 1 clears all that up.

And for the water, it's on levels 2, 3, and 6. Just putting a "below level 13" would work better, as that's the bottom floor of the upper area.
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Alright, sorry it took so long, but first post updated with Griffin's proposed changes. I changed some of the Special Rules names a bit and didn't change the goal, though, as it's not Batman's goal to get Harley Quinn, nor is it a real "goal" of Penguin or the Black Mask - it's a bonus, if anything.
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:10 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks good. Have you run through a playtest yourself?

Quote:
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I was going to, but, well... when a baby pulls out the central support on your map, the motivation to rebuild from scratch starts out pretty low.
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:40 PM

Whoa! Well, there's no initial playtest required. If I get a chance this weekend, I might give it a shot.

Quote:
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR CURRENT
SPECIAL RULES:
OUT OF SHADOWS: Batman, Robin, and Alfred do not start the game on the battlefield. Whenever Player 1 reveals an Order Marker on one of these figures, if that figure is not yet on the battlefield, you may place them on any unoccupied space on the battlefield and take a turn as normal. If any figures are not on the battlefield at the end of Round 1, Player 1 must immediately place them on any unoccupied space on the battlefield.

EXPLOSIVE ALLY: If Batman is destroyed by an opponent, the opponent takes control over Harley Quinn and her Army Card. That player must immediately place Harley Quinn on any unoccupied space on the battlefield on level 1.

SPLASH OF FOOTSTEPS: Figures may move through water spaces below level 13 without stopping. A defending figure adds 1 die to their defense if the attacking figure moved through a water space on the sewer level that turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDIT
SPECIAL RULES:
Out of the Shadows: Batman, Robin, and Alfred do not start the game on the battlefield. Whenever Player 1 reveals an Order Marker on one of these figures' Army Card, if that figure is has not yet been placed onto the battlefield, you Player 1 may place them on any unoccupied space on the battlefield and take a turn as normal. If any of Player 1's figures are have not been placed on the battlefield at the end of Round 1, Player 1 must immediately place them all on any unoccupied space on the battlefield.

Explosive Ally: If Batman is destroyed by an Player 2 or Player 3, the opponent that player takes control over Harley Quinn and her Army Card. That player must immediately place Harley Quinn on any unoccupied space on the battlefield on level 1.

Splash of Footsteps: Figures may move through all water spaces below level 13 without stopping. A defending figure adds 1 die to their its defense if the attacking figure moved through a water space below level 13 on the sewer level that turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DRAFT
SPECIAL RULES:
Out of the Shadows: Batman, Robin, and Alfred do not start the game on the battlefield. Whenever Player 1 reveals an Order Marker on one of these figures' Army Card, if that figure has not yet been placed onto the battlefield, Player 1 may place them on any unoccupied space on the battlefield and take a turn as normal. If any of Player 1's figures have not been placedon the battlefield at the end of Round 1, Player 1 must immediately place them all on any unoccupied space on the battlefield.

Explosive Ally: If Batman is destroyed by Player 2 or Player 3, that player takes control over Harley Quinn and her Army Card. That player must immediately place Harley Quinn on any unoccupied space on the battlefield on level 1.

Splash of Footsteps: Figures may move through all water spaces below level 13 without stopping. A defending figure adds 1 die to its defense if the attacking figure moved through a water space below level 13 that turn.
This is just another example of how many good little tweaks and changes can/need to be made before moving forward.

Guys, it is OK to fast track competitive and casual maps, because we just need hard data, but scenarios need a lot of attention and forethought. I think we should continue to critique this scenario before moving it any further - this was just one additional critique from the same guy, when this should be done several times over by us all. Lets just please agree to take our time on these things, they are a very serious lasting impression of our legacy, so lets be sure to get them right. Plus the community holds us to a high standard of excellence.
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Alright, anyone else have thoughts on this? I don't have much of an eye for detail, so...
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:20 PM

I think it looks fine. The only thing I noticed is that the purple start zone space on the VS file should be removed now. But I think that can wait until Final Editing.

Quote:
Old January 13th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Why wait? Lets be as thorough as possible all the time.
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:22 PM

I removed the purple start zone space and also fixed the map so it fits the build requirements.

File is here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3059

I propose we move to playtesting with this version of the file and the current write-up.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios