Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 27th, 2010, 05:55 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: need good melee units!!

The Ashigaru pack. Together, especially with Encircle, work well.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 27th, 2010, 06:12 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

I've played a few games against the PKs. They're pretty dang good, and could easily be competitive.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old March 27th, 2010, 06:22 PM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart

the groks/marro calvary if you can get them. they cost a lot but if you keep them on high ground i find they last long, unless they are the most expensive thing in your army, then they draw all the attention.

stingers>everything else
Old March 27th, 2010, 06:32 PM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker

I recently played a 600 point all melee:

Alastair
Mac Dirks x2
Sir Gilbert
KoW x2
Raelin (RotV)

And these guys went 4-0.

Also, this should probably be in the Competitive Armies Discussion forum.

My custom Terrain and Units.

My HS pics
Old March 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM

rshorton is surprisingly tart

I like Alastair Macdirk and the Macdirk Warriors for melee. The Knights of Weston, Warriors of Ashra, & The Axegrinders are also solid picks. I haven't had a chance to try out the Phantom Knights or the Lizardfolks yet but they look like they are going to be pretty solid also.

Me-Burq-Sa, You-Burq-Sa, We-All-Burq-Sa!!!
~ RSH
Old March 27th, 2010, 09:25 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
As other people have said both the Knights of Weston and the Axegrinders of the Burning Forge are good. Personally I like Heavy Gruts and Anubian Wolves too (though I think most people here would disagree with me if I recommended the Anubians as a good melee unit).

All that being said, I'm nearly positive that the new Phantom Knights will be really good. I haven't seen any results posted by people that actually have them yet (you guys need to get off your butts and play those guys ) so I don't know if they'll work in a competitive situation yet. Either way they should be strong in kitchen-table-scape.
Anubians are my favorite common squad. I think I have.......get ready for it.......12 squads. They are solid troops man. Just cause they don't see much tourney play doesn't mean squat as far as I'm concerned. Fun trumps effective any day.
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:11 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post
I recently played a 600 point all melee:

Alastair
Mac Dirks x2
Sir Gilbert
KoW x2
Raelin (RotV)

And these guys went 4-0.

Also, this should probably be in the Competitive Armies Discussion forum.
As said on top I had no clue where to put it but thanks for the notice.and so far you're the first to mention the Mac Dirks and they have been catching my eye for a while, are they good on the field?

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:38 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

The Hydra + Phantom Knight Pack is very good for Melee help
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:49 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

ok, but where in sam heck do i get the new wave 11???????

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:01 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
As other people have said both the Knights of Weston and the Axegrinders of the Burning Forge are good. Personally I like Heavy Gruts and Anubian Wolves too (though I think most people here would disagree with me if I recommended the Anubians as a good melee unit).

All that being said, I'm nearly positive that the new Phantom Knights will be really good. I haven't seen any results posted by people that actually have them yet (you guys need to get off your butts and play those guys ) so I don't know if they'll work in a competitive situation yet. Either way they should be strong in kitchen-table-scape.
Anubians are my favorite common squad. I think I have.......get ready for it.......12 squads. They are solid troops man. Just cause they don't see much tourney play doesn't mean squat as far as I'm concerned. Fun trumps effective any day.

AMEN BROTHER! I have four squads myself, but I'll probably get more from Auggie's once Wave 2 is rereleased.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:06 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByUtgar View Post
Housemouse

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:31 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByUtgar View Post
Housemouse
thanks man

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units