Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 2nd, 2022, 01:38 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I'll admit the project isn't giving me a warm fuzzy either, but to this point it's raised over 270K in under 24 hours. Any crowd funding campaign would love to have that 'problem.'

I check every couple of hours to see how many more backers there are and it's never failed to be at least 40 or so more each time. Hopefully this is just going to be a super slow burn. If it stays at that rate, this project will more than simply fund.

Heck you could probably argue that this isn't a slow burn at all. Many KS projects have funding goals that are not nearly what is needed, but it's known that wildly huge goals are a turn off and it also looks way better when they can say things like "funded in under 1 hour!" Hasbro simply isn't mincing words, it's 2mil for the project, period.

Lets also not forget that 'free shipping' or at least shipping baked in, can't be dismissed. I, like most, base value on what the final cost is for all included, regardless of how much said company gets in the end. But this also means that the goods in this case are being sold for closer to $200, which is mind boggling to me. I expected $300 minimum and shipping on top of that. This is a steal.
Agreed.

I feel like awareness is the biggest issue right now. The value seems like a no-brainer, especially considering the price-point of comparable plastic-heavy games these days.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old October 2nd, 2022, 02:14 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Completely agree with the above. Am happy with what we are getting. Planning to back and hoping that we hit a stretch goal or two.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 02:26 PM

TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker

by the way - this isn't as important as the funding conversations happening right now, but it looks like they left a little preview of one of Revna's kyrie, Misaerx, in the main board image:

crab?
Old October 2nd, 2022, 03:27 PM

blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby!

I think the campaign page honestly looks atrocious and is a bad first impression of the product.

Simply making interesting looking display maps would improve the presentation drastically. Even the one at Gencon looked better imo because it actually showed the stacking capability of the tiles. Having a completely flat one with some obstacles is ok for showing a bunch of minis at once, but I think it's otherwise uninteresting.

Also paying one or a handful of professional artists to paint box-art models would be a huge improvement to first-impression appeal. I think the CG art is ok, but it doesn't inspire me nearly as much as it would if it was an actual object.

It feels like the marketing is largely relying on the community to spread the word.* I've gone and interacted with the BGG page and clicked on the links. I'm also going to be putting links to the campaign page on my youtube videos until it ends. But I just feel bad linking people to a page that I honestly find uninspiring. At least on the youtube videos people are reminded of how cool the games actually look in person.

And of course I also agree that tiered backing would be a huge benefit.

*I saw a thing encarmine said in the AH discord that they do have more marketing stuff planned which alleviates that feeling.

Last edited by blast_shark; October 2nd, 2022 at 04:23 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 04:00 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll echo that Hasbro is an actual company, marketing should not be all on the fans.

Tiering like a regular kickstarter or Heroquest would be a very good idea, the $250 set is a nice deal for what we're potentially getting, but the price is definitely a barrier for people who can't buy up tons of stuff all the time and hurts chances of bringing in new fans.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 04:26 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
I'll echo that Hasbro is an actual company, marketing should not be all on the fans.

Winking face reaction added by Encarmine, fingers crossed
Old October 2nd, 2022, 05:28 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
I don’t like it but the more I think about it, I don’t believe we will get full card previews unless it funds.

If it doesn’t fund and they show stats, then they gave away the milk for free.

It also feels like it is falling to ‘scapers to truly get the word out. I have no idea if the below does affect hotness but it certainly can’t hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mee likey View Post
I said this in a post earlier, but we should all make it a goal to get Heroscape: Age of Annihilation trending on Boardgamegeek's Hotness list. It is not uncommon to see projects trending high on the list for games that are not released yet due to Kickstarters that are running. And even getting it low on the list will at least get it 'visible' to a lot of old Heroscape fans--and just board game fans in general--who have no clue that Heroscape is being revived. And then hopefully that will start a chain reaction to boost it up the Hotness List even more! Since you asked, here's some things everyone can do:

1. Go to the game's home page on BGG. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...e-annihilation
    • simply by going there you are helping the algorithm know that people are showing an interest, even if you are not logged in as a user. Good job, you helped out!
  2. Log in as a user. If you don't have a user account, it just takes a minute. And why wouldn't you have a user account -- what, you don't like board games?
  3. Like and subscribe. Just like youtube. On the game's main page on BGG, there is a heart button and a subscribe button right on each (I've never used those previously, but in this case, I'll do it)
  4. Add it to your collection as Owned or Wishlist. And you don't have to rate it yet, but you could add a comment such as "backed the crowdfunding campaign" or "excited to get this" if, in fact, you are.
  5. Make some posts in the forums. If you scroll down a bit on the game's home page, you can ask some questions or just post in the threads.
    • Craig or Chris (Encarmine) would be really smart to be answering a bunch of questions over there, and also posting a lot of photos of what's being offered.
    • I'm convinced that if all of the heroscapers who had posted in this very thread (157 pages as I type this) had instead been posted over there, Age of Annihilation would already be #1 on the Hotness list. Most games with Kickstarter campaigns don't have the benefit of already having a nice website with forums (like Heroscapers.com), so they post over at BGG. In this specific case, it may unintentionally be hurting our cause because it is not drawing the attention of new eyeballs, which seems to be what a lot of the Avalon Hill marketing and design plan has been about so far. (If it was just for old fans, they would have just filled gaps in existing factions.)
thanks!
Just did this..! Simple and easy.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 05:46 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

If you live somewhere that haslab doesn't ship to, please reach out to me. You can use my address as the shipping address and then I can ship it to you (you will have to pay me for shipping).

EDIT: we'll need to prove this can actually work (i.e. can you actually pay internationally). If I have to collect money from you then this gets a lot more complicated, obviously

EDIT2: I created a thread here.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; October 2nd, 2022 at 08:59 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 06:05 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know someone mentioned they were reaching out to Tom Vassel. Does anyone have a connection to Shut Up and Sit Down or How It's Played? Not sure what other big board game YouTube channels are out there.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old October 2nd, 2022, 06:11 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not sure how to upload downloaded images from my phone to here, but I've officially seen Facebook ads for the Haslab campaign.

https://ibb.co/rbS0gJt

https://ibb.co/dK826vW

Upset City Baby.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 06:22 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
I know someone mentioned they were reaching out to Tom Vassel. Does anyone have a connection to Shut Up and Sit Down or How It's Played? Not sure what other big board game YouTube channels are out there.
Crabbok is another one that I watch occasionally. He mainly focuses on Star Wars stuff from FFG. However he did cover Gen Con this year and grabbed footage of the Age of Annihilation case which is how I learned about the game coming back.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 07:56 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
How It's Played is well aware, Chaz was on the Pulse launch panel

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion