Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 5th, 2020, 02:04 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Tickle's Public Design Workshop

So the real reason I went pistol here even though they call it a Web Shooter is to leave room for the wrist based web shooters eventually. Seemed easier to just call the one that looks like a pistol, a pistol. They even call it that on some wiki pages. I do like some of your ideas for Aunt May and Mary Jane. I definitely wanna see them in a support role somehow. They’re obviously much trickier to design.
Old September 5th, 2020, 03:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I want an Uncle Ben card with a figure you have to destroy before the start of the first round.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 5th, 2020, 04:20 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I want an Uncle Ben card with a figure you have to destroy before the start of the first round.
Sounds like an Abstract Hero to me.
Old September 5th, 2020, 05:13 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Nah, you need the figure for flashbacks.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 6th, 2020, 07:24 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Large post ahead:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Are you sure you do not have sanctum access?
Looking forward to the response here.

How about giving Monster Zero some love?
Didn't peek behind any curtain. If I keyed in on some things here, a hobby of mine is predicting how certain action figure companies will or should handle licenses based on their business models, and I applied that here.

I need to hammer out my first post on Ghidorah. These posts where I'm trying to make a case for my claims take a long long time, first going through the material, getting references & images, gathering my thoughts, and finally, hopefully getting them out in a way that is understandable and conveys the spirit and intent of what I wish to communicate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn
So the real reason I went pistol here even though they call it a Web Shooter is to leave room for the wrist based web shooters eventually. Seemed easier to just call the one that looks like a pistol, a pistol. They even call it that on some wiki pages.
The foundation of my argument is that I like what you came up with for the Web-Pistol powers, I just think it should also allow Web-Swing movement and be the vanilla Web-Shooter glyph. But before I get to that, I first have to get into all of what's wrong with those wiki pages.

My entire investigation into the character of Spider-Boy was based on the bio you submitted and personalities you were suggesting, claiming:

Quote:
And he eventually becomes a pop culture icon after using his position at the Daily Bugle (a sleazy tabloid) to take photos of Spider-Boy with attractive super-heroines in compromising positions.

PERSONALITY = Sleazy? Cocky?
My response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
I read that character description, and thought, wow, that's kind of an odd, dark take for Marvel/DC to go with for the character. So I did a deep dive on him, and here's what I've found so far.
I would compare my reaction to this panel from Amazing Spider-Man #1:

The bio description reminded me of Alan Moore's JLA satire, The Seven Sentinels from his Top 10 series, which you can read about here:
https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Seven_Sentinels
VERY dark.

The description prompted me to read the issue itself, which shows that, as he does within the 616 universe, JJJ publishes "Fake News" within the Amalgam universe.

With frightening perception, Lee/Ditko had JJJ make readers aware of one of his primary motivations in Amazing Spider-Man #5, published October 10, 1963, Panel 1, Page 8:

I've previously proved how the bio was a mischaracterization using the issues themselves.
The somewhat scary thing is, the fictional Fake News pertaining to Spider-Boy somehow made its way into the real world, seemingly unchecked until now.

Whomever read or skimmed Spider-Boy's first appearance somehow retained JJJ's headlines, yet failed to contextualize the rest of the issue, and proceeded to submit their interpretation to wikis, where the vast majority of fans will gather info, rather than read the issue itself.

The Bio description matches with the Spider-Boy descriptions from
https://amalgam.fandom.com/wiki/Spider-Boy

and
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Peter_Ross_(Earth-9602)

The only page that actually attempts to make sense is:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix6/i...eenamalgam.htm

Unsure which wiki was the originator, but it is clearly copy-pasted, and has influenced not only this project, but fan-art and action figure customs alike. Links below also feature the copy-paste.
https://www.deviantart.com/ultimecia...-Boy-106283589
https://www.figurerealm.com/customfi...n=view&id=1877

Now to exemplify what is wrong with the "Web-Pistol" wiki page:
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Web-Pistol
First of all, the "card"

Official name: Web Pistol
Alias: Web-Shooters

What? Official name: Web-Pistol? Based on what?

First Appearance: Spider-Boy #1

Whoever wrote that wiki, show me anywhere where Spider-Boy's shooter is ever called a web-pistol in any Spider-Boy comic.
It's only ever referred to as a web-shooter, as I have shown.

Next point:

Whoever wrote that wiki page, show me "original designs of Spider-Man" "[wield] a Web-Pistol"

I believe this claim is based on the widely circulated, yet fake, Jack Kirby "original Pre-Ditko concept art" of Spider-Man, which is explained in this post here, as well as within its comments.
https://ohdannyboy.blogspot.com/2012...spiderman.html

The fake is a composite of many elements, including Ditko's representation of Kirby's original costume, as shown standing center below:

He does indeed have a holster, but is he "wielding" anything? Probably a technicality, I know, but I also don't know that the original design didn't feature hand-based Web-Shooters as well as a normal bullet firing sidearm.

The most we can infer is that if the Web-Shooters as we know them in the 616 universe resulted from a pistol-shaped concept, they likely were essentially meant to function the same. Another key point in my argument, functionality. But first:

Last point about the wiki page:
It equates anything that shoots webs and is shaped like a pistol as the same thing.
As I've cited in my Ned image from Homecoming, he is shooting a web from the Web-Shooter by pressing the button. It's not attached to his wrist, yet it still functions.
So how is Ned pushing a button, and Spider-Boy pulling a trigger really that different?

The rest of the wiki page cites the various forms of the Western inspired, Web-Slinger character. However, what this wiki fails to mention, is that there is a difference between Comic Web-Slinger, and Animated Ultimate Spider-Man Web-Slinger, and their tools may indeed function differently.

From what I can gather, both Web-Slinger characters use revolvers, allowing six shots per shooter, as your design allows.
I had to scrub through a ton of Spider-Verse comic panels to Waldo-out Web-Slinger among the crowd, and I excluded the majority of his appearances, which amount to him sitting on or riding his horse, in order to show him actually using his shooter. Here's what I gathered:

There's no real images of him exactly swinging, I believe largely due to the desert terrain being almost completely flat, and him primarily utilizing a horse for transportation. Otherwise, Comic Web-Slinger's Shooters appear to function the same as any web-shooter, save for being handheld, and limited to six shots.

The Animated Web-Slinger's uses of his gun are here:

We cannot confirm that Animated Web-Slinger's Shooter cannot produce ropes, however, it seems to produce web blasts. It also seems to have a stun effect, as shown by Doc Ock getting shocked when touching the bars after having his mouth webbed, and his gun malfunctioning after having the muzzle webbed. Your design includes that wound feature.

If we are concerned with how this glyph will function with other Spider-Men, I'd suggest keeping your power the same, but in the case of the Web-Slinger character, something akin to:
Web-Slinger Utility 2
Web-Slinger comes equipped with two Spider-Utility Equipment Glyph: Web Shooters. When rolling the 20-sided die for this glyph, add 10 to your roll. You may roll the 20-sided die one additional time after using this glyph. Web-Slinger may not use Web-Swing # if he has moved with [his horse] this turn.

You can even add:
With each successfully placed white Web Marker by from this figure, add 1 black Investment Marker on this card.

After all, his marksmanship was his photography equivalent:

Just a suggestion to add incentive to add Aunt May or a love interest into his army.

On that note, adding to my Mary Jane idea, she's gotta have a power
You Just Hit the Jackpot. So appropriate.

I think I've done well enough on the topic of the wiki pages, so back to the topic of functionality.

I mentioned the Bat Shuriken, and how their functionality allows and requires imagination.

Compare them to Captain America's Shield Throw:
SHIELD THROW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
When Captain America attacks with this special attack, he may attack 2 additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

We know Cap has only one shield. It's up to you if he is throwing, catching, throwing, catching, throwing, catching, or if he threw, and it bounce, bounce, bounced back to him, or some combination of both.

Similarly,
GLYPH OF UTILITY: BAT SHURIKEN
(Ranged Attacks)
EQUIPMENT GLYPH
When this figure attacks with a normal attack, you may change the Range number on its Army Card to 5 and the Attack number on its Army Card to 2. After attacking normally with this Equipment Glyph, if this figure is a Vigilante with the Driven personality, this figure may attack 2 additional times with this Equipment Glyph.

It's up to you to decide whether Batman is throwing Multiple Batarangs, Hush-syle

Or throwing one single remote batarang, Batman Returns style:

I firmly believe the Web-Shooter can be designed to offer the same imaginative freedom, as well as versatility between unit designs.

I appreciate all patience used to get through this post. Thank you!

Last edited by toyhandle; September 6th, 2020 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Wrote Spider-Man instead of Spider-Boy, and parody instead of satire. May still be incorrect.
Old September 6th, 2020, 08:52 AM

Nice post! Very interesting. I'm pro-Web Shooter Equipment Glyph, fwiw.

Also, apparently Seven Sentinels is like a worse version of "The Boys." I wonder if it inspired "The Boys" somewhat.

Old September 6th, 2020, 09:42 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's worth a lot to me, thank you!

And I've never seen The Boys, but it certainly seems to run along those lines.
Old September 6th, 2020, 11:03 PM

It's ... not for the weak of heart for sure. Very graphic.

Old September 7th, 2020, 01:07 AM
Casing the Corners

I'll be sure to check that out, thanks for the recommendation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Web-Slinger Utility 2
Web-Slinger comes equipped with two Spider-Utility Equipment Glyph: Web Shooters. When rolling the 20-sided die for this glyph, add 10 to your roll. You may roll the 20-sided die one additional time after using this glyph. Web-Slinger may not use Web-Swing # if he has moved with [his horse] this turn.

With each successfully placed white Web Marker by from this figure, add 1 black Investment Marker on this card.
I recant that part about the horse. Who says Web-Slinger wouldn't be able to trick-ride and swing off his horse? He's strong enough that he could probably swing around with the horse under his arm.

I imagine Web-Slinger would have a power like:
HORSE WHISTLE
Before moving, you may move Widow/Spider-Horse up to # spaces.

And Widow/Spider-Horse would have something like:

WEB-SLINGER CARRY
If at any point Widow/Spider-Horse moves adjacent to Web-Slinger, at the end of that movement, you may place Web-Slinger on a space adjacent to Widow/Spider-Horse.
Old September 7th, 2020, 02:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Whoa, didn't know the Wild West booster was getting a Spidey design!
Old September 9th, 2020, 04:42 AM
Casing the Corners

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nah, you need the figure for flashbacks.
Great Power
Uncle Ben does not start the game on the battlefield and is considered destroyed. For the rest of the game, Peter Parker figures in your army add one automatic skull or shield in addition to what is rolled when rolling combat dice, and +1 whenever rolling the 20-sided die for Peter Parker.
Old September 11th, 2020, 04:10 AM
Casing the Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Whoa, didn't know the Wild West booster was getting a Spidey design!
I don't know anything about a Wild West Booster, but on the subject of Spider-verse characters, Spider Utility Equipment Glyphs, and the influx of C3G Giants from Japan, now might be the time to invest in the Super Mini-Pla Leopardon figure.

(Before/Instead of taking a turn/after moving/instead of attacking), when Takuya Yamashiro is equipped with the Glyph of the Spider-Bracelet, you may take a turn with Leopardon.

Big Bad Toy Store is inflating the price for some reason, but you can order or pre-order it for around MSRP ($38-$42) on these sites:
https://megalopolis.toys/products/su...on-august-2020
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10686351
https://www.hlj.com/super-mini-pla-s...rdon-bann46601

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy