Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 27th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: A Journey through C3G: The Hi1 Experience

I think it was a good call, for sure. Whoever heard of a family that operates at peak efficiency? It results in the odd off-game, but the d20 bonding makes for a fun power.
Old October 27th, 2014, 11:18 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

I also really love the WRECKING CREW, that's good stuff.

Old October 28th, 2014, 01:01 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Subscribed. Looking forward to what else you have to share. (Especially on MODOK and Thor.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Cool thread! Interesting to see a blog/unit review like this; not nearly as many of those going around as I'd expect.
Thanks guys! I want this thread to function in two ways:

1) To serve as a place to post my thoughts/impressions/discoveries as I make my way through the INSANE amount of stuff C3G has put out.

2) To be an interactive discussion with the community. Let me know what strategies I may have missed, vote on the results of my battles, pick what armies you want to see duke it out.

All this is new to me, so I am turning to the community’s greater knowledge for guidance and trying to provide a fun read along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
FANTASTIC FOUR I just think the 4 of them are perfectly made, its one of my favorite groups to play with. My first favorite group of people to use is (Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Iron Man MIV(the Crime Fighter one), and Spider-Man(Peter Parker). If you haven't played with that unit, it's a good time.
Quote:
I also really love the WRECKING CREW, that's good stuff.
Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll have to try out that Fighter/Crime Fighter group. But just you wait; we’ve got plenty of the Wrecking Crew down the pipeline.

The battle results from my first game are posted! See how it played out here. Congratulations to @Midgieboy3 for predicting the correct winner!

Old October 28th, 2014, 02:35 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Game 2: A Fantastic Improvement?

The Map: Rocket Launching Platform

The Teams:

Chris (hi1) (1000pts) – Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing

Austin (980pts) – Thor, Hulk (Hasbro), Daredevil

After @weebaer and @IAmBatman gave some very helpful pointers on how to maximize the efficiency of the Fantastic Four, I decided to take them out for another spin. My plan was to keep Mr. Fantastic and The Thing on the front lines with Invisible Woman always within 4 spaces to support them, even if it took a few extra moves. To take down the Hulk AND Thor, I would certainly need the full power of Clobberin’ Time. While The Thing pounded down on one of Austin’s heavy hitters, I hoped to keep the other tied down with Mr. Fantastic. Torch was to be in there for added fun, inflicting auto-wounds and speeding the whole process.

So how did my new and improved strategy work?

The Battle:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by hi1hi1hi1hi1; October 29th, 2014 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Battle Results
Old October 28th, 2014, 02:48 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

It depends how effectively you used HT. He is your bread and butter until he starts to get focused. He can kill pretty much anyone in all C3G in 1 round with 3 activations and the protection of Sue to keep him alive. (I like to add weather wizard in there to ensure he can Flame On without Leaving engagement attacks) Once the opponent realizes HT is killing them real fast they begin to focus him which is where Thing comes to play.

Hulk drops faster than Thor. Thor very well could kill everyone, But I think he gets rubberwrapped and Sue manages to escape his Hammer.

I say Fan 4.
Old October 28th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I largely blame GreyOwl's Custom Compendium for Mister Fantastic's design. He mentioned in that classic tome that "variable bonding" was a form of bonding that'd never been done and I thought it'd be fun to try out. Mister Fantastic was a great fit since I wanted him to work well in a group of four. The rest is history.
Ha ha! You know, when I was putting that together, I was discussing bonding with...someone....and we classified all those types of bonding. And then when I was looking for examples of each kind, I realized that one had never been done. I can't, for the life of me, remember who I was discussing that with, though.
Old October 28th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great thread.
Try Reed, Sue, She-Hulk & Jocasta for some serious F4 destruction.
Frankenstein, Wendigo & Dragon Man is my favorite army.
Hand Ninjas with Lady Shiva, Punisher, Winter Soldier & Man-Bat or Elite League Assassins is right up there also.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:45 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

I still think the FANTASTIC FOUR win. The only way I've beaten the FANTASTIC FOUR is with another type of team to keep up with the attacks.

Old October 29th, 2014, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Great thread.
Hand Ninjas with Lady Shiva, Punisher, Winter Soldier & Man-Bat or Elite League Assassins is right up there also.
There is a man bat card?

Old October 29th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I largely blame GreyOwl's Custom Compendium for Mister Fantastic's design. He mentioned in that classic tome that "variable bonding" was a form of bonding that'd never been done and I thought it'd be fun to try out. Mister Fantastic was a great fit since I wanted him to work well in a group of four. The rest is history.
Ha ha! You know, when I was putting that together, I was discussing bonding with...someone....and we classified all those types of bonding. And then when I was looking for examples of each kind, I realized that one had never been done. I can't, for the life of me, remember who I was discussing that with, though.
I remember I edited for you, so it's possible we had that discussion. I vaguely remember (though this might be a manufactured memory) reading certain parts and suggesting you add some more specific examples. So that could be where that came from.

I just recall reading the bit about variable bonding never being done before and taking it as a challenge.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Great thread.
There is a man bat card?
No, but there's a Man Bat Assassins unique squad card!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 29th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I pick Austin for the win. Now that he's seen the F4 in play, he'll know how to smash it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 29th, 2014, 10:51 AM

Hey @hi1hi1hi1hi1 , what type of paper do you print your cards with? I was told to use card stock because it's cheap, your cards look nicer and shinier, lol. I mite just be a bad paper cutter.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy