Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old February 20th, 2011, 12:11 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
A promising discovery for the future.

I'm finding this very interesting.

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
My answer: They could still be in their own version of the "Stone Age" or even still evolving. Maybe they have visited, and we don't know it. Maybe they're wondering the same thing we are. I think a better question would be "why haven't *we* visited *them*?"

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:24 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Re: A promising discovery for the future.

The reason we haven't visited them is pretty easy, our spaceships are too slow. Even just going to Alpha Centauri takes a long time.
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Indeed, our spaceships would take far too long to reach any of those planets. Although, it'd be a very neat idea to think. I think the most likely reason we haven't made (concrete) contact with other life forms is because our and their technology is still too primitive. There have been sightings of UFOs, yes, but they haven't lasted long enough or had enough witnesses to prove anything, really.
Old February 20th, 2011, 01:35 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yes, I realize that we don't have the technology to travel that far. I was just making the point that, just because there may be other life out there doesn't mean that they are far more advanced than us humans. It is possible that *we* could be the most advanced race in the galaxy.

Old February 20th, 2011, 01:39 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Woo! This'll be cool. Scaper brings up a good point- some of the other planets can be in the early stages of evolution. And they might not breathe oxygen either.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old February 20th, 2011, 03:20 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

the others have visited here and think of this world as a motel 6 . one could stay there a night but you dont get any sleep cause you have to fight off the roaches all night.........
Old February 20th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Yes, I realize that we don't have the technology to travel that far. I was just making the point that, just because there may be other life out there doesn't mean that they are far more advanced than us humans. It is possible that *we* could be the most advanced race in the galaxy.
EXACTLY. That is what I have said all along. We could be the ones who first develop the technology to travel through hyperspace, and we could be the ones who help their stone age people build their pyramids, etc. Of course, our own pyramids were built by us, but no reason we can't help them out.

Old February 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, lets drop our Stargates off and get going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old February 20th, 2011, 11:45 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Where's my warpspace drive when I need it?....

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:03 PM

"That's no moon. It's a space station."

But CoD brings up a good point - other life forms could breath other gases, such as carbon or methane. Heck, they could be aquatic.

Old February 20th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
I've never actually thought that we'd be the most advanced species in the galaxy. That's probably because I've always believed that UFOs were advanced spaceships. If memory serves right, I remember reading about people who would see a UFO one second, then it would fly off at incredible speeds the next. If we were the most advanced species in the galaxy, why haven't we had spaceships go that fast?
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:30 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If your premise is there are millions of inhabited worlds then the odds are against us being at the top of the technology scale.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General