Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 27th, 2008, 12:28 AM

fejkl Woo who?
If you're using Jandar, Drake is the absolutely perfect counter to Glad/Blasts. The Blasts can't even attack him until they're adjacent, at which time their homing ability stops working.

A somewhat riskier move is to take DW7. Hopefully, he won't whiff on the attacks, and if too many glads surround him, blow him up and kill them all (again, hopefully).

I would suggest backing either of these strategies with Snipers, Aubriens, or any squad with 7 range or more.

No signature here. Just keep moving on.
Old February 27th, 2008, 01:17 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Drake is a good idea, but he can only kill one gladiatron at a time. 32 gladiatrons will wear him down eventually...
Old February 27th, 2008, 05:25 AM

Gidian has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Also, Gidian, you aren't attacking with the Gladiatrons when you use Gladiatron Movement Bonding, are you? That would make them borderline godly.
No, no, we just move them.

Just one more thing to mention: Many people say, you should use large figures because the claw does not work with them. But don't forget that large figures are still engaged. When 4 our 5 Gladiatrons stand around them, they are still unable to move (or they die quickly because of the leaving-engagement-attack).

Btw - if you play against Ullar und Jandar, Jotun would work very well, too.

Greetings from Germany

Gidian
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:44 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidian
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Also, Gidian, you aren't attacking with the Gladiatrons when you use Gladiatron Movement Bonding, are you? That would make them borderline godly.
No, no, we just move them.

Just one more thing to mention: Many people say, you should use large figures because the claw does not work with them. But don't forget that large figures are still engaged. When 4 our 5 Gladiatrons stand around them, they are still unable to move (or they die quickly because of the leaving-engagement-attack).

Btw - if you play against Ullar und Jandar, Jotun would work very well, too.

Greetings from Germany

Gidian
Got Shotgun Blast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old February 27th, 2008, 03:42 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart
I'm a firm believer in that Jotun rarely takes out his points on any given day.

Jotun vs gladatron means he'll need to take out 3+ squads of 4 gladatrons while blastatrons firing at you. Yeah, good luck with that one. Tell me how it goes.

I'd pick Nilf, AB 1337 (Airborne Elite) even some non-valiant bonused(not a word) 4th Mass. Teams that do well against glad blast are more focused on firepower/ kills per turn rather than defense, which the Blasts will always have enough attack to get through defenses.

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old February 27th, 2008, 04:33 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Although the Blast/Glads combo is one of my favorites and I have been using them a lot recently, you start learning their weaknesses. They can be awesome like many other squads and combos and they can also not be so awesome at times. The terrain may slow down the Glads, etc., and without homing device the Blast's attack is almost useless. Of course, you want range as a good counterdraft as some already pointed out. Also, you were playing them wrong as some aready pointed out. The main weakness is that these units don't work without each other optimally. For instance, if your Blasts get killed, your 80 point squads of Glads "ain't worth" 80 points. One example is a unit like The Hulk, which can get in the thick of the battle and wipe out your Blasts.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old February 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
I may consider playing these guys at this year's GenCon, I definately have to practice with them a lot first. Or 4th Mass., since they're awesome and they represent me from MA. But Stingers are a definate, maybe even like x5 or x6, depending on who I use them with.
Old February 27th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I was thinking about this question again, and it really struck me how self-sufficient Vydar and Jandar are. Utgar definitely has the most cards, a lot of them, and some great units, but a lot of his armies are greatly improved by adding some from other generals, especially Raelin to boost the somewhat lackluster defense of the Orcs and other units.

Vydar on the other hand, has Q9, Braxas, Krav, Laglor, and of course the extremely self-sufficient Glads and Blasts.

Jandar has the 4th Mass and Raelin, two units that are quite good, and can go well alongside other Jandar units like the Sentinels or Nilfheim. The Knights also have good synergy, again with Jandar units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 27th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I was thinking about this question again, and it really struck me how self-sufficient Vydar and Jandar are. Utgar definitely has the most cards, a lot of them, and some great units, but a lot of his armies are greatly improved by adding some from other generals, especially Raelin to boost the somewhat lackluster defense of the Orcs and other units.

Vydar on the other hand, has Q9, Braxas, Krav, Laglor, and of course the extremely self-sufficient Glads and Blasts.

Jandar has the 4th Mass and Raelin, two units that are quite good, and can go well alongside other Jandar units like the Sentinels or Nilfheim. The Knights also have good synergy, again with Jandar units.
Very good point Jexik! Although I think Ullar is pretty Self-sufficient also. I have seen a big number of just Ullar armies being that they have the Aubrien, Vipers, and a whole lot of other elves they are pretty self-sufficient as well!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old February 27th, 2008, 09:35 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official Frequently Asked Questions from [url
www.heroscape.com]Blastatrons“Thora’s[/url] Vengeance”
Can an opponent’s Vydar Soulborg figures adjacent to my target enhance my Blastatron’s Homing Device special power?No, only Soulborgs who follow Vydar that you control contribute to your own Blastatron’s Homing Device special power.
They won’t be as dominant if you play them the way that Hasbro has specified.
Oh, I didn´t know that rule. Because we don´t play Vydar against Vydar, there are no Vydar-Soulborgs that belong to your opponent. By "friendly" I just wanted to say that not only your own Soulborgs boost the special ability of the Blastatrons.
Actually the card says exactly: "When attacking a non-adjacent figure, add 1 attack die for EVERY Soulborg who follows Vydar that is adjacent to the defending figure."

No where does it say it has to be under your control. So your Blastatron attacking an enemy Gladiatron with 2 adjacent enemy Gladitrons gets 3 attack with no height or glyphs.

Anyway, Gladiatrons and Blastatrons are a great combo, but are weak to themselves, and their bigger counterparts, Q9 and Q10, not to mention DW8k and 9k. Any of these squad killers will do the same to them.
Old February 27th, 2008, 09:38 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
And Official FAQ doesn't mean anything I guess?
Old February 27th, 2008, 09:43 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDino
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official Frequently Asked Questions from [url
www.heroscape.com]Blastatrons“Thora’s[/url] Vengeance”
Can an opponent’s Vydar Soulborg figures adjacent to my target enhance my Blastatron’s Homing Device special power?No, only Soulborgs who follow Vydar that you control contribute to your own Blastatron’s Homing Device special power.
They won’t be as dominant if you play them the way that Hasbro has specified.
Oh, I didn´t know that rule. Because we don´t play Vydar against Vydar, there are no Vydar-Soulborgs that belong to your opponent. By "friendly" I just wanted to say that not only your own Soulborgs boost the special ability of the Blastatrons.
Actually the card says exactly: "When attacking a non-adjacent figure, add 1 attack die for EVERY Soulborg who follows Vydar that is adjacent to the defending figure."

No where does it say it has to be under your control. So your Blastatron attacking an enemy Gladiatron with 2 adjacent enemy Gladitrons gets 3 attack with no height or glyphs.

Anyway, Gladiatrons and Blastatrons are a great combo, but are weak to themselves, and their bigger counterparts, Q9 and Q10, not to mention DW8k and 9k. Any of these squad killers will do the same to them.
That is what the card says, but it is wrong. The Heroscape.com FAQ reflects the official ruling changing it to Vydar soulborgs that you control.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units