Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 22nd, 2009, 06:26 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Albuquerque, NM - Wave 9 Release Tourney - July 18th

Albuquerque Wave 9 Release Tournament
Date: July 18, 2009
Time: Noon
Entry Fee: $10 (Fee includes a soft drink or coffee).

Sponsors:
The Inquisitive-Gift Certificate and table space for the tournament.
House Mouse Games-$25 Gift Certificates (x2)
VixenTor Games-A Monolith Tower

Tournament Details:
  • 600 Points.
  • All Official Classic and Marvel Heroscape figures allowed (including Wave 9).
  • 28 starting spaces (including any off-board figures at the start of the game). Extra starting spaces will be added to the maps below if they do not have 28 starting spaces.
  • 50 Minute Rounds.
  • Players must provide dice, order markers, tokens, wound markers and all army cards required to play their designed army.
  • Glyph pool: Defense +1, Move +2, Common Attack +1, Unique Attack +1, Initiative +8, +1 D20
  • Swarm of the Marro rulebook and the latest HS FAQ will be used.
  • Swiss tournament with random scenarios for each round. The order of scenarios will be determined prior to the start of the tournament. Players will use their same army for all rounds.
Scenarios:

1. Standard HS tournament scenario.
-Destroy all of your opponent's figures. Standard HS Scoring will be used if time runs out.

2. There Can Be Only One!
-Each player has a Supreme Leader that they must protect. First player to destroy the opponent's Supreme Leader wins. Players will be provided with a Supreme Leader figure and card for this scenario.
-Supreme Leader Card:

3. Heat of Battle.
-There are no starting zones; players will take turns placing one card's worth of units anywhere on the battlefield except on glyphs until all figures are placed. Destroy all of your opponent's figures. Standard HS Scoring will be used if time runs out.

4. Capture the Flag.
-Each player will have a Brandar Glyph to defend just outside of their start zone, and can win by ending a turn with one of their figures un-engaged and on the opponent's Glyph. Player's can move their figures onto their own glyph to defend it.

5. Escape!
-Players are to trying exit as many of their figures off of the opponent's starting zone as possible. It takes 1 Move to exit from an outside space located in the Opponent's starting zone. Victory Points are based on full cards of figures exited off the board and full cards of destroyed enemy figures. The game ends when either the time runs out or when one player has no figures remaining on the board. The player with the highest Victory Points at the end of the game wins.

Maps:

Common Ground by Gamebear

Flash Fire by Dignan

Ticalla Sunrise by Gamebear

Ice Blossom by STAROCEAN980 (Note: Normal Snow and Slippery Ice)

Border Disorder by Velenne (Note: Heavy Snow and Normal Ice)

Swamp Helix 5.0 by dok

Extra Maps (Used if the tournament needs more maps):
Invasion by LongHeroscaper

Mole Hills by Jonathan

Hot Heights by Jormi_Boced

Newb.

Last edited by LilNewbie; July 16th, 2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:31 AM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Albuquerque, NM - Wave 9 Release Tourney - July 18th

Details posted!

Thanks,
Newb.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:48 PM

TexMex Woo who?

Wow! This is looking to be the best game day we've had so far! You can can't me and (probably) Mrs. TexMex in, too! And I think I speak for everyone, in advance, in thanking you, Newb, for organizing all of this for us!

The Daily Pugle
Albuquerque, NM-NHSD Tourney 2008 Results:
TexMex: 2nd Place
Mrs. TexMex: 8th Place--Out of 10
PS I lost every battle in my first tourney
Old June 23rd, 2009, 04:02 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

Sweet idea Lil'newbie! Only God can keep me away this time. Picking an army will have so much more dimension now. My friend has already said he will probably come, but I will let you all know.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 04:27 PM

Thanks for the comments and hope everyone can make it!

I'll have a flyer with the above details and a sign up sheet at the store (The IQ) for those who don't check HSers.com very often.

Newb.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 04:55 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

I know you just posted it, but I'm already excited and thinking about armies. What will the snow and ice be? I noticed lava is missing, but that's my least favorite anyway.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM

dingofire is surprisingly tart

WOO HOO! My first tourney. See you all there.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinche_guey View Post
I know you just posted it, but I'm already excited and thinking about armies. What will the snow and ice be? I noticed lava is missing, but that's my least favorite anyway.
I should have noted the Snow/Ice specs originally and now that is corrected. Thanks!

Ice Blossom: Normal Snow and Slippery Ice

Border Disorder: Heavy Snow and Normal Ice

Newb.
Old June 24th, 2009, 03:55 PM

Added VixenTor Games as a sponser!

A great looking Monolith Tower

Woot! Thanks, Matt!

Newb.
Old June 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM

Will we be using the two starting zones away from the rest on the map Common Ground?
Old June 28th, 2009, 10:19 PM

Sure. Unless the specific scenario doesn't have starting zones like Heat of Battle. We could disallow those starting zones to act as exit areas during the Escape! scenario too. What does everyone think?

Newb.
Old June 29th, 2009, 03:12 PM

Sounds good. Turns out my friend will not be able to attend, but I will be there.

Last edited by pinche_guey; July 1st, 2009 at 01:18 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events