Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Which entrées should to make it to our final round? (Pick 3)
Arghan Div 13 44.83%
Beorn 7 24.14%
Centaur Skirmisher 12 41.38%
Drider 7 24.14%
ffrancis 4 13.79%
Grom Hellscream 6 20.69%
Guardian Spirit 5 17.24%
Nefereth 15 51.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 24th, 2019, 01:29 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
CHOPS Poll (Part One) - QC3 Autumn Contest - Vote by 11/1

So, after I managed to drop the butter toast-side down, and totally smashed a couple pumpkin pies, it looks like we have the kitchen back to some sort of order. Now we even have two kitchens! Er, something like that. Yadda yadda, food pun food pun, here's the poll!

Remember if you entered you must vote in both polls, and you can't vote for your own entry entrée or else.

Did you already vote here? Do you want to vote in the other poll, too, but don't want to have to wade through the entire first page of the customs subforum? Worry not! There is a link right here waiting to take you to the second part of the poll!

Arghan Div

Beorn

Centaur Skirmisher

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Drider

ffrancis

Grom Hellscream

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Guardian Spirit

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Nefereth

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; October 25th, 2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old October 24th, 2019, 04:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: CHOPS Poll (Part One) - QC3 Autumn Contest - Vote by 11/

This was the harder of the two polls to decide on. Lots of cards here I'm interested in on different levels.
Old October 24th, 2019, 08:26 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Great job on putting the polls together this way @Dr.Goomonkey , I was so excited to vote on my favorite one from each of the polls I missed that "pick 3" bit at the top. I think including everyone that submitted in a contest like this and then running one more to size them down after votes is the best way you could have went with it. If you keep this kind of thing going, I can see these contests being a fun addition to the site that grow and last. Sorry for any harsh words from before if any, I was just a little disappointed with the previous direction. Well done.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 24th, 2019, 09:28 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I completely missed that you can pick 3. Really loving these designs! There are some real winners here.
Old October 24th, 2019, 10:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I did as well and only voted once in each poll.
Old October 25th, 2019, 11:00 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I love when I get a post halfway done on my phone and then come back to it being deleted. :facepalm:

Cool lot of customs here, and I see potential in all of them.

Arghan Div:
There’s a few things I’d change, like changing him to follow Utgar because of just how red the mini is. The powers also suggest Utgar more than Valkrill, imo. Demon is a species in scape, so I’d swap its position with Efreet, to better keep in line with valhalla-scape. He has a great distinction between his powers, either using eye for an eye to deal mass wounds or mortal flamesword to keep him alive. I do fear he is overcosted to heck, and would suggest testing at 140.

Beorn:
I dig this guy’s involuntary shapeshift mechanic, and almost voted for him solely on that. So, good job on that power! However, I do fear his base stats are too big to be enjoyable, especially Life and Defense. While 8 life is reasonable for an expensive hero, 4D + 2 more is just hellish to break through and doesn’t sound like fun. For big life heroes I generally don’t suggest going over 5D at max, not including things like height or Raelin of course. Cutting his base defense to 3 also looks like it makes more sense, since while not in bear form, Beorn is shirtless. My other quibble is Orc Hatred. It sounds absolutely flavorful, but imo flavor comes after function and theme. Maybe you could try giving him Cleave but only while he’s still in “Human” form?

Centaur Skirmisher:
Great design, and I like how Charge Through’s function plays into a skirmisher. I’m not super keen on Centaur Bonding, but that’s because I think a squad would be better in general. My main suggestion is to drop his attack to 4 (although that goes against the competition) and give him something like First Strike 1 if you want him to keep charging hard.

Drider:
I like how the Drider plays a lot into Valkrill’s lore and the Drow faction in general. I’m not sure on the effectiveness of Shadow Strength because I’m not sure if he’s a single or double hexed unit. But, it’s there and is a worthy addition, even if it only happens once or twice in a game. You may need to be care if bonding with Estivara. It’s probably not broken by any means, but two Driders getting +1 attack is a pretty impactful.

ffrancis:
I like this guy as a water drake, although I don’t completely get Full Fathom Five. Honestly I think the card would be better served by dropping it and just giving him straight Flying. Maybe Haketiane is enamored with creatures with oddball abilities? I dunno. You can still keep the wild d20 power, but its easier to split it, along with taking one or two possible results out. Wicked Waves is a cool power on its own, despite jacking this guy’s price up by easily 50.

Grom Hellscream:
I like what Grom brings to the table. Two simple powers that evoke an orc gone berserk and other than his attack, a pile of expected stats. I’m afraid I don’t understand all of the themes at play. He doesn’t really look like a champion, just a really tough orc. Warrior may be better. Demon Blood Rage is also wierd thematically. Is he a half-demon? Is he posessed? A backstory would really help him out. Otherwise, just make him a Demon-Orc Warrior and happily live without utgarian orc synergy.

Guardian Spirit:
Loads of theme, but I think he was shortchanged by being uncommon. Let him be unique. Moving a bunch of Guardian Spirits with woodland guardian is also an excersise in futility along with whatever game format you are playing that would encourage drafting more than one in the first place. Attacking out of turn is also a general no-no. May I suggest dropping that aspect of the power in general? Or just leaving it as a d20 to wound power. Ghost Walker may be better served by being Flying or Levitate + Phantom Walk. Its thematic, but its a bunch of weird powers rolled up in one.

Nefereth:
He gets to strip a unit of its received synergy, and heals off of their fear. Cool concept, but I think he should be forced to attack that figure in some way. You can look at Marutuk for an example of how to do this. It would be cool if after he killed his prey you got something extra for not using your wolves of badru to do it.

Good job everyone! And good luck!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 25th, 2019, 11:26 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Fixed.

Last edited by TREX; October 25th, 2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old October 25th, 2019, 05:24 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh no, the ananomanymnity has been unveiled! I'll add that in, sorry about that. @TREX if you could edit the post the too, uh, restore the anymnomanity I would appreciate it.

You can indeed PICK 3 options on the poll.

It looks like this will be the format for if we go over the poll limit again. Sorry to anyone whose entrée was so arbitrarily chopped before, but that thread is gone so it's almost like nothing ever happened. I'm definitely happy to see so many entries so thanks for stopping me from discouraging that.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old October 25th, 2019, 06:39 PM
"like" happy

Does anyone know what demon figure is used on the Argon Div card. I freaking love that model. The card is my favorite too.

Old October 25th, 2019, 11:58 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Does anyone know what demon figure is used on the Argon Div card. I freaking love that model. The card is my favorite too.
I second this question. Its a great looking figure and the card is in my top 3 for this contest.

Btw, I would love to see some of these cards submitted to the SOV.
Old October 26th, 2019, 01:41 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I second this question. Its a great looking figure and the card is in my top 3 for this contest.

Btw, I would love to see some of these cards submitted to the SOV.
Pathfinder Battles Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures: Genie Efreeti (1)

Old October 27th, 2019, 02:47 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

And my thoughts on this set, as well.

Arghan Div
The combination of Eye for an Eye and a life drain power is a very cool concept that carries this design above more than a few niggling faults. The figure screams Utgar to me, the left box stats are wonky, the price is high and the defense seems low. The value proposition needs significant tweaking to make Eye for an Eye ever a deal worth taking, but that doesn’t change the novelty of the concept itself.

Beorn
The figure replacement mechanic is eye catching, but it doesn’t hold up to scrutiny. The Bear Form is effectively less complicated than Frost Rage or Crag of Steel, so it really doesn’t justify the complexity of switching out a figure. I also don’t feel that the design is well served by being a 200-point beatstick. I would rather see some more pronounced or interesting difference between the two forms on a design that sits much lower on the point scale.

Centaur Skirmisher
This is more a personal gripe for me, but I really don’t like seeing Wyrmling-Style bonding on an Uncommon Hero. Apart from that, the design is solidly made. It’s maybe a bit powerful, but Charge Through requiring them to start unengaged at least opens up some counterplay options for the opponent.

Drider
More weird bonding, though this one bothers me a bit less since it ties into existing synergy somewhat. Still wish they didn’t self-bond, though. Two of these guys on a dungeon map would be really dangerous.

Ffrancis
Full Fathom Five reads a little too much like a power that wants to be two or three powers for my liking, to the point where it feels not really in the spirit of designing a two power card. I like a fun splashy once per game power well enough, but nothing else about the card really works for me. 4R 5A with flying? Yikes.

Grom Hellscream
This design is fairly well put together. I almost felt that 5 attack was too low, but he is only holding a club. If anything, I think this guy could be a little much paired with heavies, being a potentially very solid multiattacking option. But 5 attack does end up feeling like the right amount to keep Demon Blood Rage from being too consistent a benefit. Overall the pieces fit well enough into place here.

Guardian Spirit
This is a lovely figure, but Woodland Guardian has a host of issues right out of the gate. “May move towards” would need to be ironed out in more specific detail, and the free attack just isn’t workable within the rules. Unfortunately, I don’t really like Ghost Walker either, as it’s another power that really feels like it should be two. I think this concept is interesting, but the execution needs a bit more consideration.

Nefereth
Stalking Paranoia is a cool power, although playing against it might just not be fun at all. In practice, it might just make your coolest hero sit in the start zone until your other figures can kill Nefereth. If you don’t he gets to regenerate, all while bonding and throwing 5 dice which could break really nasty real quick. The more obvious complaint, though, is that calling this figure a wolf is really a stretch. The fangs and general shape look right, but what looks like horns and many of the details stand out as odd.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards