Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Notices

Old July 26th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

I honestly wasn't captured by the advertising either, so I doubt I would've seen it in the theaters. Given when it came out, I think Star Wars fatigue might've been a factor as well.

And I loved episode 8!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 26th, 2019, 12:59 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I thought 8 was fantastic in ways. I love subverting expectations (Read: Invincible), so it was a wild ride the whole way through. There were a few strange decisions which bogged it down, but the actual plot was great.

Unlike 7 which they just used an Episode 4 script.
Old July 26th, 2019, 01:00 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I think Solo was definitely hit more by backlash from Episode 8 than any major failing of its own. Some of which was unfair like making BS reviews and such, but I can’t blame people for not wanting to see more Star Wars after the Last Jedi. I absolutely hated that movie myself, but I’ve always considered the movies the worst part of Star Wars anyway, so it didn’t color my perceptions of Solo (I’m definitely avoiding Episode 9 like the plague though, couldn’t care less about what happens to the sequel trilogy squad).

I though Solo was decent, not a perfect movie by any stretch but it was enjoyable enough to watch. The only thing I really didn’t care for was starting out with that whole other team that then died 20 minutes later since that was just kinda time wasted that could have been used to develop characters that weren’t dead men walking.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 26th, 2019, 01:03 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I should also say that I'm in no rush whatsoever to see Solo again. It was done well, but is wasn't anything amazing. Rogue One definitely outdoes it, but as a fun Star Wars adventure that's not important to the plot, and not as weighty as Rogue One, it did a great job.
Old July 26th, 2019, 01:12 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think the advertisements struck me as really glibly self-referential and over eager for fan service. Probably the main reason I haven't watched Solo yet.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 26th, 2019, 01:15 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think the advertisements struck me as really glibly self-referential and over eager for fan service. Probably the main reason I haven't watched Solo yet.
Yep. Not nearly as bad in the film, but we DO see the origin for all sort of stuff like his gun, dice, hyperdrive computer, etc.... Not stuff I EVER cared to see the origin of.
Old July 26th, 2019, 01:48 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Yep. Not nearly as bad in the film, but we DO see the origin for all sort of stuff like his gun, dice, hyperdrive computer, etc.... Not stuff I EVER cared to see the origin of.
Ahem...Chewbacca.
Old July 26th, 2019, 03:11 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Ahem...Chewbacca.
+1

Solo is an OK movie, far from the worst in the Star Wars saga, but also far from the best. I waited until it came out on video to see it, mostly because of how much I disliked Episode VIII. Hopeful for Episode IX.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 26th, 2019, 03:22 PM

I mean, I'm sure it's no Phantom Menace. Blergh.

Old July 26th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Don't be too sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 26th, 2019, 04:08 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I mean, I'm sure it's no Phantom Menace. Blergh.
George, don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed.
Old July 26th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

I also read a lot of Legends (I liked the overall lore that was built ... there were some terrible books too tho--Crystal Star anyone?)... and have been reading a number of the new canon books and comics and I have enjoyed some of them (I've really enjoyed most of what I read in the first couple volumes worth of Dr. Aphra) but ...

Star Wars: TLJ ... hmm ... I have distanced my interest in Star Wars and definitely do not want to go back to lengthy discussions about it but I'll just say I found the film predictable. Subversions can be deconstructed once one identifies the thematic message ... additionally, I can't watch the Praetorian fight scene and take it seriously.

Solo was okay, I think. The cinematography wasn't composed to my taste; was like they turned on a color filter and filled the whole frame with it (passable for low budget material but not for a big-budget feature). Granted, production issues probably played a role in this. But it was still okay ... the real question I have is "Why did Solo tank in the box office?" The answer to that question might determine the future of Star Wars and journalists, Lucasfilm, casual fans, and extreme fans all have a varied interpretation for answering that question.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape