Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:02 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
TrekScape - Away Missions - Maps and Scenarios

TrekScape Away Missions

Star Trek Maps and Scenarios for HeroScape

Welcome to the Maps and Scenarios Thread for TrekScape. The purpose of this thread is to brainstorm ideas for maps and scenarios for use with TrekScape custom figures. Away Missions will work in conjunction with the TrekScape Art Institute in creating paperscape add-ons to enhance your Star Trek battlefield experience.

Away Missions is open not only to TrekScape members but also to any in the Heroscapers community with an interest in creating Star Trek-themed battlefields.

Guidelines
  • This thread will start as a general ideas and brainstorming thread and will eventually serve as an index page for completed projects.
  • Anyone may submit a map and/or scenario idea for brainstorming and discussion.
  • We are looking for balanced, competitive maps, as well as fun, casual maps.
  • Not a map-maker? Feel free to present a scenario based on an existing map - just be sure to credit the map designer.
  • Once a basic discussion of the idea is complete, the designer will be asked to create a "Book of" thread for the map where further discussion and refinement can take place.
  • We will discuss ideas from any Trek franchise, but would prefer to follow the design order for the TrekScape figures: The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, Original Cast Movies, Next Generation Cast Movies, Star Trek movie reboot, Mirror Universe, then the Animated Series.
  • Please keep the discussion civil. Respect for others, whether or not you agree with them, is imperative for a group to function properly.
  • Have fun with this!
Chief Engineer: mac122
(Note: Boodog was the original Chief Engineer for Away Missions, but duties outside of the forums (real life) have caused him to step down. The original thread will be merged with this thread to maintain the ideas and content already posted.)

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 25th, 2010, 02:32 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: TrekScape - Away Missions - Maps and Scenarios

Here is the Guardian from the last thread. Do people want me to work on some colums and such. They are wicked hard to make look desent, in paper scape and there are other options.]

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 25th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Are we willing to work with {I know I know the horror} Sqwares?

http://fatdragongames.com/fdg0047.html

We must remember that the Star Trek Clix will probably come out with cool maps. I have often used the Hero Clix maps for a quick game of scape when I dont have time to set up a battle field.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 25th, 2010, 02:49 PM

Even if we don't there is

http://www.wargamevault.com/product_...src=newsletter

fat Dragon does some great stuff. Here is ther sci fi stuff.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 25th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
Are we willing to work with {I know I know the horror} Sqwares
Pete
Who are you and what have you done with Felindar?!

IMO, squares are something we could leave for house rules. That doesn't mean we couldn't create some paperscape consoles and such like the Fat Dragon stuff.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 25th, 2010, 09:30 PM

I must admit I am thinking of the nifty maps that will probably be coming out soon with ST clix. I am also, thinking of that space hulk set I just bought and how cool it would be for a Klingon ship.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:30 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
We must remember that the Star Trek Clix will probably come out with cool maps. I have often used the Hero Clix maps for a quick game of scape when I dont have time to set up a battle field.

Pete

Squares are bad! Hexes are good!
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnormandin View Post
Quote:

Pete

Squares are bad! Hexes are good!
Shapeist

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:36 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

And I am not ashamed to admit it!
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:38 PM

Just a quick look the bridge would need a lot more work than throwing hexes on it.

The hexes are each wider than the upper walkway. Probably we would be better off starting from scrach and swiping some elements like the command chair consols and such.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Just a quick look the bridge would need a lot more work than throwing hexes on it.

The hexes are each wider than the upper walkway. Probably we would be better off starting from scrach and swiping some elements like the command chair consols and such.

You can take what you want and leave the rest... like a salad bar.
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:25 PM

I am playing around with finding a texture and just making a drop down section of 7 hexes surrounded by a single layer ring of hexes with a wall of consols around it. I do want to know if there is a desire for a bridge set, before I do it though. It would be a tight spot for a battle.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum