Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 13th, 2010, 03:12 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
TrekScape - Prime Directives - VOTE for Transporter

TrekScape

Prime Directives

This will be the thread where we discuss optional rules, including Stun, Transporters, glyphs and anything else that needs to be addressed from a rules standpoint.

By posting here, you agree to abide by the rules of the Prime Directives thread:

1) Play nice. It's OK to disagree with someone, but do so intelligently. Personal attacks are not appropriate.

2) Think before you hit Submit. We are trying to add to an incredible existing game system. Remember that there are already attack and defense auras, adjacency bonuses, glyphs, etc. before coming up with more of the same.

3) All are welcome to contribute -- good ideas are everywhere. If there is something that you feel should be added, throw it out there so it can be discussed.

4) Have fun. Isn't that why we're here in the first place?

Related project threads:
TrekScape
TrekScape Academy - BOOKS Of . . .
TrekScape Art Academy
TrekScape Away Missions

Current list of topics

Stun (latest update)

Transporter (discussion starting here)

Tricorder

Glyph of Tribbles

Weapons Glyphs (phaser rifle, etc)

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - WAVE 33 - BATMAN FOREVER

Last edited by SirGalahad; August 29th, 2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: TrekScape - Prime Directives - Rules Thread

Housekeeping Post if needed.

Last edited by SirGalahad; July 14th, 2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:45 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Spoiler Alert!

This is absolutely everything I found about stun from the main thread from about page 5 to around page 22. It's aloooooooot to read through, but it will definately be easier than trying to muddle through the original thread for this stuff.
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:49 AM
"Special Eyes"

Thanks wulf.

Old July 14th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I'd like to make it an ability that modifies the attack, but I think there's too much going on with Stun. If it were just add or subtract an attack die, it would work. But we're messing with order markers, too. IMO, it needs to be a special attack.
Refresh my memory, was Stun TrekScape-only or was it going to be classic-compatible? If TrekScape-only, we can write it however we want.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:07 PM
"Special Eyes"

Here's the discussion so far regarding Transporters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Beam in as an ability could be a version of the AE's drop. Though I'm leaning toward having a transport ability on an engineer or having a transporter DO that would let you beam figures all over the map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I don't know about beaming into or out of battles. I was thinking that these battles would be after figures had already been beamed into the areas.

Tying beaming to a class like "Engineer" would mean that every other race that had transporter technology would have to have an Engineer as well, and I don't know if that's wise.

If there were a Glyph of Transporter Technology, maybe controlling it allows you to move a figure back to your start zone once per game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Finally, an interesting thought ran across my mind about the tech thing. What if we have Engineers with Transporter ability to remove squads from play and the Communications Officer having the ability to return them to play elsewhere on the battlefield? Creates an interesting synergy between the two types of customs and sounds like it might be fun to play.
That's all I got for now.

Old July 14th, 2010, 12:26 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Here's the discussion so far regarding Transporters:

Quote:
Beam in as an ability could be a version of the AE's drop. Though I'm leaning toward having a transport ability on an engineer or having a transporter DO that would let you beam figures all over the map.
Quote:
I don't know about beaming into or out of battles. I was thinking that these battles would be after figures had already been beamed into the areas.

Tying beaming to a class like "Engineer" would mean that every other race that had transporter technology would have to have an Engineer as well, and I don't know if that's wise.

If there were a Glyph of Transporter Technology, maybe controlling it allows you to move a figure back to your start zone once per game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Finally, an interesting thought ran across my mind about the tech thing. What if we have Engineers with Transporter ability to remove squads from play and the Communications Officer having the ability to return them to play elsewhere on the battlefield? Creates an interesting synergy between the two types of customs and sounds like it might be fun to play.
That's all I got for now.
Transporters as a permanent glyph would probably be the way to go.

Transporter Permanent Glyph
After revealing an order marker, a figure on a Transporter Glyph may be placed on any space within X clear sight spaces. If the figure is an Engineer, you may instead choose any other small or medium figure you control and move them up to X spaces. If the moved figure is engaged before Transport they will not take any leaving engagement strikes.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:30 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I'd like to make it an ability that modifies the attack, but I think there's too much going on with Stun. If it were just add or subtract an attack die, it would work. But we're messing with order markers, too. IMO, it needs to be a special attack.
Refresh my memory, was Stun TrekScape-only or was it going to be classic-compatible? If TrekScape-only, we can write it however we want.
I don't think we decided. I like the Modified attack, with the Die-20 roll to get de stunned.

If any damage is done. Figure hit takes one wound {kills Squaddies}, and Looses 2? defence dice, can not attack or move until rolling X on a die-20. Rolls occur when an OM is reveled on the card. They all come up at the end of the round.

I think it can be compatable with Regular scape but we were planing on having the Symbols be Trek only.

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:31 PM
"Special Eyes"

Quote:
It was my understanding that Goal Number 1 was to be 100% compatible with all existing Heroscape, which is why we'd have to be very careful about how it is written.

So far, wulf is the only one who is advcoating OM removal.

If Stun is just an attack modifier (-1), then all other attack modifiers are also in play (Astrid, Crevcor, Ulaniva, height, Taelord, any built-in synergies). If that's what the group wants, I can live with it, but these are things that need to be thought about.

Also, now that I'm thinking specifically about just one thing (like that ever happens), figures should be able to leave engagement with Stunned figures without taking any leaving engagement attacks.

And the markers really aren't necessary -- you could just lay the figure on its side -- although I know at least one family does that to represent destroyed figures.

Old July 14th, 2010, 12:54 PM

That's my second of the day! I forgot the other options we looked at...and only sorta scanned through the posts... The really sad part is for SirG's tally sheet on Stun, I didn't say OM removal.

If Stun is just an attack modifier of -1 then it's just an ability like Wait Then Fire. But it goes beyond that either with a paralysis effect, a temporary reduction in stats for the affected figure, OM removal...It almost has to be a Special Attack. We can write any of these effects as a compatible ability. We could include an optional TrekScape rule that allows for height modifiers if we choose to, as well.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:17 PM
"Special Eyes"

If the TrekScape ruleset is OPTIONAL, we can make it whatever we want, as long as it's otherwise compatible.

Knockback for example involves calculating knockback points and comparing skulls of the defending figure, so Stun can be a little involved. People will have to decide whether or not it is worth the extra effort to use it.

I'm OK with it being an attack modifier, just not OK with OM removal. If people are concerned that the figure can get unstunned too easily, we can just bump the 20-sided die roll up from 12 to make it harder for them to do so.

Old July 14th, 2010, 01:51 PM
"Special Eyes"

Just a rough draft, obviously, let me know what you think

STUN

One of the most iconic representations of Trek weaponry is the hand-held phaser. Figures who are able to use this special ability will have this symbol on their Army Cards

In order for a figure to use this special ability, the player controlling the figure must announce that s/he is attempting to stun the opponent's figure.

Stun may only be used against small or medium figures.

Figures who are attempting to stun roll one fewer attack die, after all other attack modifcations (height, etc.) have been included. Defending figures roll defense dice normally.

If the defending figure receives at least one wound, and the figure is not destroyed, the defending figure is now stunned. {Place a Stun Marker on this figure's Army Card or place the figure horizontally on its space}(TBD)

Stunned figures roll 2 fewer defense dice, to a minimum of 1 die, and cannot move or attack. Figures leaving engagement from stunned figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

After revealing an Order Marker on a stunned figure's Army Card, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, the figure is no longer affected by Stun.

{All Stun Markers are removed or all figures are placed upright at the end of each round}(TBD)

Example: (these assume attack and defense numbers, so they can be adjusted once the figures are finalized)

Player 1 reveals OM2 on Captain Kirk, who has extreme height advantage on Khan, so his normal attack of 3 is increased by 2 to 5. Captain Kirk attempts to stun Khan, so his attack number is reduced by 1 to 4.

Captain Kirk rolls . Khan rolls

Since Khan received 1 wound and was not destroyed, Khan is now Stunned.

Player 2 reveals OM2 on Khan, so s/he rolls the 20-sided die and rolls 10. Khan remains stunned.

Player 1 reveals OM3 on Spock, who attacks Khan

Spock rolls . Khan rolls , because of his reduced defense, and takes another wound.

Player 2 reveals OM3 on Khan, so s/he rolls the 20-sided die and rolls 3.
Khan remains stunned.

At the end of the round, Khan is no longer stunned.

Additional examples would be included

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum