Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 6th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Civilians Common Squad C3G X-Men Master Set

Sorry, I've linked it several times before while discussing civilians so I didn't want people to think I was pushing that version too much. But since you asked...

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/CIVILIANS.jpg

EDIT: It's not perfect, in that it benefits acting like a hero more than it does a villain, but it may be a good starting point.
Old December 6th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK, Fright isn't something we need to worry about, since we're already covering similar ground with Panic.
I could see Hero or Villain as a possible alternative to Strength in Numbers as it would allow for built in "hostage situation" and "hero saving the civilian" types of set ups. And that would be pretty cool.
So you would draft Civilians to have disposable lives for your unique heroes, basically, or if you have someone with a strong defense, you can keep them alive and use them for map control.
I could see doing "Hero or Villain" along with "Panic."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 6th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the Civilian card has a possibility to be a really exciting card. More-so than any other figure in this set. We should probably all brainstorm some ideas.
Old December 6th, 2009, 06:09 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What do you think of all the brainstorming we've done thus far?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 6th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Sorry, I've linked it several times before while discussing civilians so I didn't want people to think I was pushing that version too much. But since you asked...

http://www.hiddendragon.com/hs_customs/CIVILIANS.jpg

EDIT: It's not perfect, in that it benefits acting like a hero more than it does a villain, but it may be a good starting point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
OK, Fright isn't something we need to worry about, since we're already covering similar ground with Panic.
I could see Hero or Villain as a possible alternative to Strength in Numbers as it would allow for built in "hostage situation" and "hero saving the civilian" types of set ups. And that would be pretty cool.
So you would draft Civilians to have disposable lives for your unique heroes, basically, or if you have someone with a strong defense, you can keep them alive and use them for map control.
I could see doing "Hero or Villain" along with "Panic."
I agree with "Hero or Villain" can go good with the "Panic" that seems to be desired/necessary for civilian types. I liked "Hero or Villain" when GreyOwl originally offered up his card for reference, but didn't know protocol for lifting a cool power from a existing for C3G cards. Personally I don't have a problem with using a preexisting power/mechanic if it works the best and makes sense, and gets the blessing of the creator of it. I'd hate to avoid using something really cool just for the sake of having to create something totally new every single time.

Old December 6th, 2009, 08:37 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't mind you using it. But it could probably use a little tweaking, so it may not end up being exactly the same anyway.
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:13 PM

I'm all about using both official powers and powers on our other custom cards when it's useful. We should usually try to start from scratch, but, heck, when I put together Two-Face, one of the first things I did was collect Hi1, GreyOwl, and my Two-Face customs and mine them for ideas.

Old December 7th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Panic is a great power!
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hahma again.
I think that we should keep in mind as we build this squad, that they are not just Citizens, they are Civilian Rioters. I think that the 2 powers on the first post currently grasp the theme of these guys/gals in terms of movement, but what about their ability to cause some offensive trouble in numbers? Turning over cars, breaking walls (Destructible Objects), or singling out a Hero/Villain and ganging up on him, those are some thematic elements that we should consider as well. Btw, I wouldn't mind 3 powers on this card, I don't think that it is necessary, but if we wanted to have 3 powers, I wouldn't mind. Just saying.
Old December 7th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Panic is a great power!
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hahma again.
I think that we should keep in mind as we build this squad, that they are not just Citizens, they are Civilian Rioters. I think that the 2 powers on the first post currently grasp the theme of these guys/gals in terms of movement, but what about their ability to cause some offensive trouble in numbers? Turning over cars, breaking walls (Destructible Objects), or singling out a Hero/Villain and ganging up on him, those are some thematic elements that we should consider as well. Btw, I wouldn't mind 3 powers on this card, I don't think that it is necessary, but if we wanted to have 3 powers, I wouldn't mind. Just saying.

Thanks for liking Panic, it's basically the Deathreavers Scatter though.

I seem to get mixed responses as to what these Civilians are supposed to be. Some want them more tame like regular people getting caught up in whatever's going on around them, and you Griff want them more aggressive and pro-active. I had like 5 or so different versions that I posted on the X-Men thread before we got this nice new place and some of those versions were more offensive minded.

I didn't know if we wanted a basic Civilian type that can have Riotous behavior added by a scenario or Glyph (Adrenaline Rush was originally going to be Riot and add +2 to Civilian's attack, but Bats suggested perhaps not making it Civilian specific and open to Common Human figures and drop it to +1, so I agreed not to pigeonhole one glyph strictly to the Civilians)

Or

If we wanted the Civilians always represented as aggressive types.

Old December 7th, 2009, 06:41 PM

Since when are they rioters? That sounds scenario specific.
Old December 7th, 2009, 06:41 PM

Yes, that's something we need to sort out and decide on.
Here's my thinking:

We're probably only going to do one type of civilian card ever. So let's not pigeonhole ourselves into having them be specifically aggressive/rioting type civilians. I think civilians with a more basic template could still act as aggressive/rioting types in specific scenarios. Yet, if done correctly, they could also act as innocent bystanders or hostages in certain scenarios. Since we're only likely going to do one version of civilians ever, shouldn't we give them maximum flexibility?
I really think "Panic" combined with "Hero or Villain" accomplishes that and also makes them playable in terms of basic army creation for those completely unconcerned with theme.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library