Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old August 12th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Dr. Leonard McCoy - Playtesting Phase

Getting caught up on real life stuff and some other Scape things. Hopefully by sometime this weekend I'll have at least some of the testing done on Bones.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 15th, 2010, 12:52 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Finally got off my lazy butt this morning and did the one-on-one tests for Bones.

Bones Playtest
Test 1 - Bones vs. Khosumet (75)
Bones gains initiative and height, but cannot hit. Khosumet strolls up and smacks the CRAP out of the good doctor (3 skulls). Bones goes again and just cannot hit. He pays for that mistake with his life (3 skulls for KtD... again).
Khosumet wins round 2 3 life
Test 2 - Bones vs. Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan (65)
Bones wins height again, but cannot capitalize. JSS hits for one skull. Bones misses again, Jss nearly hits, but Bones dodges. They trade blasts back and forth for a while, but JSS is the stronger shooter in the end.
Johnny wins with 3 life remaining.
Test 3 - Bones vs. James Murphy (75)
JM gains height and immediately scores a hit. Bones fights back. They trade shots, but again, the cowboy proves stronger than the doctor.
James wins with 3 life remaining
Test 4 - Bones vs. Axegrinders (70)
Bones gains height and starts firing. He cannot get a single hit. The Axegrinders work their way over to him and slaughter the poor doctor.
Axegrinders win with 4 Dwarves left.
Test 5 - Bones vs. 4th Mass (70)
Bones goes for height and tries but fails, again. The 4th just wait, then kill the good doctor.
4th Mass wins with 4 Soldiers left
Test 6 - Bones vs. Heavy Gruts
Bones gains height and starts firing against the HG advance. As they gain adjacency, he manages to kill one. Two rounds and two wounds later, he kills another one. But, even with the HG whiffing attacks, he still falls.
Gruts wins with 2 Gruts remaining.

After this rather shameful showing in the singles testing, I'm not sure whether I should continue with the army tests yet or not. I'd like to see someone else's results for at least the one-on-one tests before proceeding. I'm thinking he might be over-cost, but I would need to see other's results first before dropping him.
Old August 15th, 2010, 01:36 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Remember, He is a Doctor not a Fighter. I a battle where he can slide up next to and heal your fighters that will win the day. Maybe. Remember to designate a Kirk and Spock for some of the battles.

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 15th, 2010, 02:51 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
Remember, He is a Doctor not a Fighter. I a battle where he can slide up next to and heal your fighters that will win the day. Maybe. Remember to designate a Kirk and Spock for some of the battles.
He is not going to fare well solo because he is not supposed to be a fighter. Put Ana K up against a squad of Heavy Gruts and I think she'd do as well as Bones did. His abilities are best used in concert with a team.
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:47 PM

Boodog knows what's in an order marker Boodog knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
After this rather shameful showing in the singles testing, I'm not sure whether I should continue with the army tests yet or not. I'd like to see someone else's results for at least the one-on-one tests before proceeding. I'm thinking he might be over-cost, but I would need to see other's results first before dropping him.
For me, he got mauled by a squad of stingers twice on a BoV map (Common Ground). The results were about the same as your playtest. Bones didn't hit, and got run over, to use a technical term. Then I stopped playtesting so as to wait for a Kirk and Spock. Even if he performs well with Kirk and Spock, all the opponent has to do is target Bones from range and he's zapped. I think you'll wind up having to lower him even with Kirk and Spock in tow.

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodog View Post
Quote:
For me, he got mauled by a squad of stingers twice on a BoV map (Common Ground). The results were about the same as your playtest. Bones didn't hit, and got run over, to use a technical term. Then I stopped playtesting so as to wait for a Kirk and Spock. Even if he performs well with Kirk and Spock, all the opponent has to do is target Bones from range and he's zapped. I think you'll wind up having to lower him even with Kirk and Spock in tow.
S-l-0-w-l-y getting caught up with everything. If time permits tonight, I will run an army test with McCoy. I'll pick 2 heroes in his army for the bonding. At this point, I'm going to skip the squad and 1 on 1 tests.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum