Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 31st, 2013, 06:54 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3V and SoV inclusive factions ~UPDATE COMPLETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
Looking good with the updates. A couple thoughts:
1) Jungle Creatures - missing the Wyvern, which as a Predator bonds with the spiders. Also, although of a different general, you could consider Estivara as a hero since she has synergy with the spiders.
2) Primadons - you might consider including the Nakita Agents here (counterpart to including the Gorillinators in the Agents) since they provide Movement Bonding to support Zaeus' Attack Bonding.
The reason I put the G-nators in the agents, but not vice versa, is because the Gorillas are agents, but the Nakitas aren't really Primadons, and I'm trying to keep it thematic as possible.

I was really on the fence with the Wyvern, but since I've gotten a second opinion, I'll be adding it now.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old December 15th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So was looking at the elves and was trying to think of a way to make them complete with what is available. Anyone of those heroes could be moved to special to get them one away. Then for shocktroops. I was thinking maybe put Syvarris or Emirroon there. Syvarris because he hits hard and his range allows him to quickly hit people. Emirroon because of his ability to transport in people quickly which can be shocking. Like this thread and hope my ideas may help.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old December 15th, 2013, 11:12 PM

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
So was looking at the elves and was trying to think of a way to make them complete with what is available. Anyone of those heroes could be moved to special to get them one away. Then for shocktroops. I was thinking maybe put Syvarris or Emirroon there. Syvarris because he hits hard and his range allows him to quickly hit people. Emirroon because of his ability to transport in people quickly which can be shocking. Like this thread and hope my ideas may help.
I'm very reluctant to do this, because the only requirement for Special Unit is for it to be a(n un)common hero or unique squad. I'm more likely to put a hero in Shocktroops, but it's still unlikely. The Elves really need more squads, and I don't want to put them down as complete when they aren't really complete.
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:03 PM

I finally broke down and added the Cathars and Raymond to the disciplined soldiers faction. I read Maneuver 9 again, and decided that even though they would be the black sheep of the family, there was just enough synergy and theme to add them.
Old January 17th, 2014, 06:39 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great thread! I love playing factions and themed armies.
Old January 17th, 2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Great thread! I love playing factions and themed armies.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old January 18th, 2014, 12:59 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

On the factionless stuff I had some thoughts:

*Eladrin could go in with Elves
*Cowboys could be the start of an incomplete faction or maybe Cowboys and Indians with the MRT
*Dzu-Teh could fit in with the jungle creatures
*Gurei-Oni could fit in with the martial artists, giving them range defense, Tetsubo is a martial arts weapon, it has roots in Okinawan Kobudo
*A lot of the remaining units are from DnD, but it doesn't work as a faction.
Old January 18th, 2014, 02:44 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For Krug, Grigor/Rogrig and Mimring couldn't you do some kind of beast and handler faction? Don't they all bond with Arrow Gruts?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 18th, 2014, 02:48 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wouldn't Cyprien or Sonya's necromancy qualify one of them to be the general of the undead?

Also I'm planning on submitting a couple Warforged to the SOV as they're something of a favorite of mine. Hopefully I can fill the niche of general.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; January 18th, 2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old January 18th, 2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
On the factionless stuff I had some thoughts:

*Eladrin could go in with Elves
*Cowboys could be the start of an incomplete faction or maybe Cowboys and Indians with the MRT
*Dzu-Teh could fit in with the jungle creatures
*Gurei-Oni could fit in with the martial artists, giving them range defense, Tetsubo is a martial arts weapon, it has roots in Okinawan Kobudo
*A lot of the remaining units are from DnD, but it doesn't work as a faction.
The main problem with most of these suggestions is the theme. Eldarin are similiar to elves, but have no ties synergistically or thematically. Dzu-Teh and Gurei Oni have the same problem. A small tie in theme just doesn't really cut it.

The Cowboys however, I'm not sure how I missed them. They definitely need to made into a faction, especially considering the fact that C3V revealed that they would be releasing some at some point. Thanks for pointing that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Wouldn't Cyprien or Sonya's necromancy qualify one of them to be the general of the undead?

Also I'm planning on submitting a couple Warforged to the SOV as they're something of a favorite of mine. Hopefully I can fill the niche of general.
While Necromancy is strong Synergy, it doesn't have the required unit control to make a general. The Undead faction really needs more bonding to be complete.

I'll be excited to see what you submit! The warforged are one of my favorite factions, and they really need more synergy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
For Krug, Grigor/Rogrig and Mimring couldn't you do some kind of beast and handler faction? Don't they all bond with Arrow Gruts?
Same problem as above, simply not enough theme ties. If Gruoark passes the SoV though, the trolls will have a much needed leader and fir together as faction, giving Krug a home.

Thank you everyone for the feedback! And if enough people disagree with me on a specific unit's theme, I'd be happy to add them to the faction.
Old January 18th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

For now I'll had Krug to the Orc faction...

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old January 18th, 2014, 08:09 PM

Added some non-required roles to fix the issue of 'synergy but no theme' that has been brought up a lot! There are now "Honorary Units" that aren't technically part of the faction, but still get listed.

Also, created a Lawmen faction.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs