Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 6th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Oh? What was it?
I do not remember exactly but I want to say it was RPG related or it would not have grabbed my attention.
Most likely Rolemaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 7th, 2018, 08:46 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Tonight is my university board game club's big Welcome Week event. We've secured the entire food court area in our student center and are catering the event with 75 pizzas. Last year, we had over 200 people show up and this year looks to be just as many if not more. Can't wait to see what gets played.

I recently purchased Villainous, and the executive board plans to have a full 6-player game after our event ends. The game has great components and beautiful art. It's completely asymmetrical with each villain trying to complete a unique objective to win and having a completely independent deck of cards from all other players. I've played twice so far and really enjoyed it. Asymmetrical games go a long way for me. Some of my favorites include Chaos in the Old World and Scythe.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 9th, 2018, 09:27 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
You can play it with either Han or Londo as its captain.
In the In the Interest of Accuracy Department:

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 9th, 2018, 09:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
My pal George K. (BGGs GWEK) was over to play a 3 Player Firefly The Game. He brought me copies of his new expansion module that includes characters from the films Rogue One and Solo, and the ship is The Milennium Falcon! This is the most obvious character crossover with Firefly ever, since smuggler Han fits right in.

Yeah, I once described Firefly to a friend who had not seen it as the story of Han Solo had the Rebels lost at Endor.
Old September 10th, 2018, 08:07 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Jim,

Hey, I was close. I once had a pal who called Londo Landru (as in Star Trek TOS).

Yodaking,

Han Solo is probably the most requested or fan added character for Firefly.
Old September 25th, 2018, 01:50 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I played a few games of Netrunner several years ago (with the first base set), and had a good time.
If I want to get a copy of just the base game on my shelf, which of the two versions of the base set should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 25th, 2018, 04:13 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just received my preorder copy of the first expansion for Commands & Colors Tricorne: American Revolution, The French Army and More. It looks great! By coincidence, I have a pal coming over tomorrow (Tuesday) to learn the game.

The new unit types look interesting, the French Army is pretty, and the French have an extra fifth block for their Regular Infantry. The new dice are superior etched cubes.
Old September 27th, 2018, 06:16 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Been playing a couple board games a night for the last week or so. My list includes:
Hail Hydra!
Blood Rage
Rising Sun
Dead of Winter
7 Wonders
Rob a Bank
Axis of Villains
and I'm sure I'm missing something else (plus started DnD again on a bi-weekly basis).

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 27th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I really want to get Hail HYDRA.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 14th, 2018, 10:05 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
We have been playing Everdell heavily over the last couple of weeks. I have taught it to probably 10 people and all have absolutely loved it and have wanted to play again immediately. If you get a chance to play, try it out. Sprinkled a few games of Century Spice Road in between. It reminds me of Splendor, but for some reason I like this a little more.
I prefer Century to Splendor, too, though I only have last year's Golem edition. I get the comparison to Splendor. They aren't interchangeable in my collection, but they're pretty close.
I came close to demoing this one at GenCon. Why do you prefer it over Splendor?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 14th, 2018, 10:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like them both very much, and I played a *lot* of Splendor this weekend, coincidentally. I'm not knocking it.

I find that Splendor, by virtue of its structure, is a game that is played quietly. Century is a wilder ride, with more drama at the table.

Also, as much as I love the quality components of Splendor, the Golem Edition components, with the playmat, are even better.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 16th, 2018, 12:26 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played Keyforge at a FLGS this weekend with the two demo decks that FFG provided the store. I'm looking forward to its official release. This game addresses basically all of my personal issues with Magic:
1. The opponent has far too many options on your turn.
2. The one player in the group who spends way more than the rest has a huge advantage.
3. Mana Screw/Flood
4. Stale metagame

It especially addresses #1 expertly. As with MTG, creatures (and artifacts here) come with summoning sickness, giving your opponent a chance to do something about them before getting demolished. Second, keys are forged if you have 6 Aember at the *start* of your turn, giving your opponent a turn of being in 'check' and may attempt to stop you in some way. Basically, your opponent still gets to do things similar to interrupts in MTG, but only with card effects that are already face-up on your turn, or by negating what you did on their next turn after you've started it.

2&4, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Last edited by Nukatha; October 16th, 2018 at 12:54 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games