Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old January 15th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline: January 15th; Word Limit: 8K

If there is promise of competition I can wait. More time to fiddle with this one wouldn't hurt anyway. But beware, Elven Lord! Giving ol' TAF time to fine tune is a dangerous game

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 23rd, 2018, 12:32 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline: February 1st; Word Limit: 8K

I just want to get some content out. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old January 27th, 2018, 06:00 PM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Sooo, does it have to be original content or can I pull it out of a not yet published fanfic, which I am also struggling to get finished and published?

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old January 28th, 2018, 02:56 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Family Ties

I know exactly what I'd want a story on this topic to be about. I also have no idea if I'd be able to write it out anytime soon. I've been a veritable ghost on this site recently.

~Dysole, who's had a stressful last couple of months
Old January 28th, 2018, 02:12 PM

Re: Family Ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I know exactly what I'd want a story on this topic to be about. I also have no idea if I'd be able to write it out anytime soon. I've been a veritable ghost on this site recently.

I'm sorry you've been having a rough time! If everyone's okay with making this one prompt last a quarter of a year, I'm down.

~EL who suggests this only mildly selfishly as he manages to write only about one page a week.

Old January 28th, 2018, 09:17 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This prompt seems to be inspiring some extensive head-scratching, so I think moving on wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Then again, as long as there is interest and people are writing, I don't see much reason to put a deadline on things. Unless a new prompt would produce more interest and more writing. The main goal here is just to keep the contest alive.

And EL, if it's from an unpublished fan fic, then the only one who knows it isn't original is you. And since you're ripping off yourself, it was clearly original at some point. So have at it.

~TGRF.
Old January 29th, 2018, 12:45 PM

I was planning to start publishing this months ago, but I just keep wanting to make improvements and flesh out the story more. Here is a snippet. Bear in mind this is subject to revision before the final release.

If it feels like you're stepping into the middle of a story, it's because you are ;P

The Reunion of Wolf and Raven

Spoiler Alert!

Old January 29th, 2018, 02:04 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
I was planning to start publishing this months ago, but I just keep wanting to make improvements and flesh out the story more. Here is a snippet. Bear in mind this is subject to revision before the final release.

If it feels like you're stepping into the middle of a story, it's because you are ;P

The Reunion of Wolf and Raven
Is this your entry, or just a snippet?

~TGRF.
Old January 29th, 2018, 02:29 PM

This is my entry AND it is a snippet of the larger story which I will publish...anon...at some point...

Old January 29th, 2018, 03:05 PM

Re: Family Ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

So now that EL has his entry in, and I assume TAF is virtually good to post any time, do you think you could pull it off in the next month or so, Dysole? I'd like to see your story, but remember you would need to be around to judge too. Think you could pull it off? Or should we proceed?

~TGRF.
Old January 29th, 2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
This is my entry AND it is a snippet of the larger story which I will publish...anon...at some point...
If you give me a title I can go ahead and put it in the Index as 'coming soon'. Not really any reason not to. If the title isn't set, just give me a placeholder. Like before I thought up Horizon in Sight, it was 'Dan's Tale'.

~TGRF.
Old January 29th, 2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
If you give me a title I can go ahead and put it in the Index as 'coming soon'. Not really any reason not to. If the title isn't set, just give me a placeholder. Like before I thought up Horizon in Sight, it was 'Dan's Tale'.

~TGRF.
Kaya: Vendetta

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction