Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 25th, 2009, 09:53 AM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart
Build a competitive army around Tul-Bak-Ra & Marro Dividers

The task is to build a 550pt army around Tul-Bak-Ra and the Marro Dividers. Here's mine

Tul-Bak-Ra-130
Marro Dividers x4-330
Marro Warriors-380
Marro Drones x3-530
Marcu or Isamu and Otonashi-550
27 or 28 starting spaces

Tul-Bak-Ra-130
Marro Dividers x4-330
Marro Stingers x3-510
Marcu-530
Isamu-540
Otonashi-550
25 starting spaces

Tul-Bak-Ra-130
Su-Bak-Na-290
Marrden Negrubs x2-350
Marro Dividers x4-550
21 Starting spaces

Tul-Bak-Ra-130
Su-Bak-Na-190
Kelda-270
Isamu-280
Marcu-300
Marro Dividers x4-550

Tul-Bak-Ra-130
Marro dividers x2-230
Su-Bak-Na-390
Kee-Mo-Shi-520
Marden Negrubs-550

Last edited by Darkness1717; May 25th, 2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old May 25th, 2009, 02:40 PM

Zhoom45 Woo who?
Re: Build a competitive army around Tul-Bak-Ra & Marro Divid

Tul-Bak-Ra 130
Marro Dividers x4 330
Ne-Gok-Sa 420
Marro Stingers x2 540
Otonashi or Isamu 550

21 starting spaces.

Zhoom45 is every character in his own little world which no one has heard of, or wants to enter for that matter.
Old May 25th, 2009, 03:05 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Tul-Bak-Ra 130
Marro Dividers x2 230
Marro Stingers x2 350
Marro Hive 510
Guilty McCreech 540
Isamu 550

Use the first couple of order markers on Tul-Bak-Ra to quickly engage the enemy. Then, while he's fighting, teleport in some Stingers. Then withdraw Tul-Bak-Ra and continue fighting with the Stingers. When your opponent attacks the hive, activate the Dividers to help protect it (using hive mind), while re-birthing any dead stingers. Guilty and Isamu are just fillers.
Old May 25th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You do know that Tul-Bak-Ra needs to take a wound to be teleported, right?

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old May 25th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
He can teleport any old time. He just needs to get wounded to teleport in reinforcements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 25th, 2009, 07:02 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
He can teleport any old time. He just needs to get wounded to teleport in reinforcements.
Yup...What surprises me is that he can end his teleportation engaged...so he basically has movement of 10..with ghost walk...as long as he doesnt go up or down a level.

His movement could actually be more than 10 if he would have to have moved down one riser and up another.
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Warning! Reading my posts may make you smarter

mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I typically play 500 point games, so that's what I'm going to post about...

Tul-Bak-Ra - 130
Kelda - 80
Marro Dividers x5 - 250
Deathreavers - 40
------------------------
500 points, 21 Hexes

Tul-Bak-Ra teleports into battle and takes pot shots (4A or 3A, Range 3, No LOS). Once he is wounded, he teleports in a Marro Divider or two (bringing them to the front line). Tul-Bak-Ra uses his next activation to retreat to Kelda for healing. On the next OM, use Kelda for healing. Meanwhile, the Marro Divider(s) teleported onto the front line would have been sitting ducks. Once the game gets going, Marro Dividers attacked may use their Cell Divide ability to avoid their own death and bring in reinforcements (previously killed Marro Dividers). Activations can be spent on the Marro Dividers when there are sufficient numbers. Otherwise, teleport around with Tul-Bak-Ra until you can summon more on the front line. Rinse and repeat.

This army is slow to kill off an opponent (it's like a rejuvinating Sgt. Drake (SotM) army), but the Cell Divide ability could keep the Dividers around for a while and tie up the enemy through engagement.

Marro Hive - 160
Marro Dividers x3 - 150
Marro Stingers x3 - 180
------------------------
490 Points, 24 Hexes

Marro Stingers are the first wave. Once their numbers are depleted, use the Dividers to stall an enemy advance and prevent them from attacking the Hive. Meanwhile, activations on the Hive are used for Marro Rebirth of the Stingers.
Old May 27th, 2009, 04:32 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Yup...What surprises me is that he can end his teleportation engaged...so he basically has movement of 10..with ghost walk...as long as he doesnt go up or down a level.

His movement could actually be more than 10 if he would have to have moved down one riser and up another.
It wouldn't be more then 10 if it was flying not ghost walk...

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion