Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 22nd, 2019, 01:36 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Thanks for the answer. With that in mind, knowing that they weren't balanced with being able to go through a door or not makes it easier to settle debates and create houserules without affecting balance.
Old December 22nd, 2019, 10:17 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Oh you. Incredible work.
Thanks, I really do appreciate that.
Yeah. Welcome back H101.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 4th, 2020, 01:07 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Searched around but couldn’t find anything related to this topic. With the advances in 3D printing over the last few years has there been any thoughts or discussion on releasing a terrain expansion? As long as it’s not being sold I don’t believe it would be a copyright issue. The stl. files could be released, or you could consider doing something along the line of Hrognak where a dedicated member agreed to supply x amount of printed expansions and just charged the cost of materials.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 4th, 2020, 04:14 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Searched around but couldn’t find anything related to this topic. With the advances in 3D printing over the last few years has there been any thoughts or discussion on releasing a terrain expansion? As long as it’s not being sold I don’t believe it would be a copyright issue. The stl. files could be released, or you could consider doing something along the line of Hrognak where a dedicated member agreed to supply x amount of printed expansions and just charged the cost of materials.
If it was modeled by an individual that ok'ed it to be sold for profit that would work better. That way the individuals making the pieces would be compensated fairly. 3d printing is a decent amount of work. The materials for fdm printing are the cheapest part. Wear on machines and time setting up the machine, along with part replacement, maintenance, and support removal are all factors. When making a bunch of tiles or bases, I tend to wear out my adhesive bed stickers faster because of the larger surface area they cover when printing. All these factors are costs. Im not interested in doing this, but wanted to let people know there is more to it. If there is someone willing to make the files and allow distribution it could work. The objects will have to have the other costs incorporated to make it viable on a large scale. It is a fun idea to make new terrain that affects the battle in new interesting ways so I wish you guys luck.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 4th, 2020, 05:45 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just picked up the Jonah Hex Battle Pack since I see that two of the figures are used (Josie Whustlestop and Garrett Burns). Was the third figure from this set ever used?
Old February 4th, 2020, 05:59 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
I just picked up the Jonah Hex Battle Pack since I see that two of the figures are used (Josie Whustlestop and Garrett Burns). Was the third figure from this set ever used?
It does not have a released design yet, but one is upcoming.
Old February 4th, 2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
It does not have a released design yet, but one is upcoming.
Awesome! Glad I picked up the set. Thanks!
Old February 17th, 2020, 04:02 PM

Negalith is surprisingly tart

So I had a few questions regarding custom Heroscape figures:

The biggest one at this point is where do I get more peanut bases? I was looking at possibly 3-D printing some but it seems like there isn’t a peanut base file to be found anywhere.

Beyond that, I know that the C3V and SoV rules have tons of stats for figures but I wanted to ask what the rules for proxying and whatnot are.

A good example of this is I was looking at making some Transformers figures with the C3V rules. However, the figures that they are using are completely different from the deep cuts figures I’m planning on using. Are those figures legal or am I not allowed to use the Deep Cuts figures even though they’re more properly scaled for heroscape style stuff due to slight variation in height/size? I’ve seen multiple posts about things like the Fyorlag spiders being proxied out in favor of the D&D deep cuts spiders due to similar scale and the ability to tell what it is. I wasn’t sure how deeply that applied and whatnot.

I also wondered about the SOV rules. They have certain figures like Zettian guards which are just super battle droid minis being re-purposed. I wanted to see if it is OK to use different models that I feel are more appropriate looking if the scale is similar? Also are those tournament legal? Any and all help is greatly appreciated on these issues.
Old February 17th, 2020, 04:12 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can answer the 1st part. Peanut base 3d file is found at the bottom of the 1st post as are almost every classic figure.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=54977
Old February 17th, 2020, 04:27 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Welcome @Negalith .

For bases, see @Lamaclown 's Rebasing: A Guide for Bases and Stickers - a bit out of date but ImpactMiniatures has peanut bases. Also note @Ericth74 's link above to the STL files.

As far as proxing you - you can proxy whatever for whatever in home games as long with the people you play with are cool. If you ever go to the tournament scene, ask ahead and GMs will usually let you borrow or proxy as I have noted that people who allow C3V/SoV are usually pretty cool with making sure people can play with any army they can think of. However for an approximate match see the Alternate Sculpts thread.
Old February 17th, 2020, 04:51 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negalith View Post
So I had a few questions regarding custom Heroscape figures:

The biggest one at this point is where do I get more peanut bases? I was looking at possibly 3-D printing some but it seems like there isn’t a peanut base file to be found anywhere.

Beyond that, I know that the C3V and SoV rules have tons of stats for figures but I wanted to ask what the rules for proxying and whatnot are.

A good example of this is I was looking at making some Transformers figures with the C3V rules. However, the figures that they are using are completely different from the deep cuts figures I’m planning on using. Are those figures legal or am I not allowed to use the Deep Cuts figures even though they’re more properly scaled for heroscape style stuff due to slight variation in height/size? I’ve seen multiple posts about things like the Fyorlag spiders being proxied out in favor of the D&D deep cuts spiders due to similar scale and the ability to tell what it is. I wasn’t sure how deeply that applied and whatnot.

I also wondered about the SOV rules. They have certain figures like Zettian guards which are just super battle droid minis being re-purposed. I wanted to see if it is OK to use different models that I feel are more appropriate looking if the scale is similar? Also are those tournament legal? Any and all help is greatly appreciated on these issues.
Negalith! Welcome aboard, 'Scaper, you found us!

Ask all your questions.

The "Alternate Sculpts" thread that lefton4ya linked is mine. I am an experienced TD and I strongly encourage fellow TDs to allow proxying wherever it's reasonable to do so.

As a guy in the C3V (and former judge in the SoV), I think I can speak for both projects when I say that we would much, much, much rather have you (1) proxying with whatever you have that works, then (2) not using our goodies. Knock yourself out.

And welcome aboard!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 17th, 2020, 06:15 PM

Negalith is surprisingly tart

Thanks for having me. I was really hoping that was the mindset, as I really love the Transformers Deep Cuts line and they were actually a bit of the gateway that lead me to Heroscape recently.

Since you are definitely the guy to talk to regarding the custom figures then, how would I go about requesting certain characters? I mentioned on the Heroscape and Heroscape_Customs Subreddits some ideas regarding the Seekers such as Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp. I have lots of ideas about them, but I'm not as adjusted to the game design/stat design of characters, and wasn't sure who to talk to as a means of designing/balancing the characters.

"I will create desolation and call it peace." -Megatron

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs