Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 1st, 2010, 09:32 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Exclamation Speed Custom Unit Contest D5

Alright, due to lack of entire,s I am extending the due date to the 24th. Then the poll will run for 2 days. Then editing can occur until the 28th. then 2 days for the final poll.

Speed Custom Unit Contest D5
The goal of this contest is two things. Bring out some of the communities custom unit talents and have fun.

RULES
1 Have fun
2 In order to be an eligible participant you must follow all guidelines provided in each contest and turn in your entry by the due date.
3 Once you PM your entry this is your final submission. Unless you attach a note asking me for help. This entry will be submitted into the polls
IF IT QUALIFIES.
4 No more than one entry per person. If someone creates more than one entry you must pick one to be submitted.
5 You may not submit a previous entry OR unit made within 1 month of the contest posting.
6 All entry’s must be reasonably compatible with the Heroscape battle system created by Hasbro and now run by WOTC.

SUBMISSIONS
All submissions must follow all guidelines and not be in violation of the rules of this site. To officially be entered in the contest you must do a few things.
1 Make an entry that follows the guidelines for the contest for that month and the rules of the contest.
2 Pm it to me OR if specified to another member. This pm must be titled Custom Unit Contest + (Insert screen name here)

3 Attach a message saying you have read and understand the submission guidelines.
Figures:
This month you are to create an entry using this mucky looking boy. His D&D title is Clay Golem.

Prize
A Heat is the time span of 6 consecutive months. A leg is 3 consecutive months. Each contest will be 1 month long. At the end of each leg the 3 winners will go under a play test process by the judges. The winner will then be placed into the finals for that heat. At the end of each heat the finalists will be put up against each other. The winner of each heat will be placed into the Tried and True Classic Customs Index or "hall of fame" as well as a Speed Custom Unit Contest Winners Display Thread.

Voting
After the initial creation time all entries that meet the requirements will be divided into even or as even as possible groups. These groups will each be placed into separate polls. These polls will accordingly be titled poll a poll b etc. After the winner is decided in each poll they will be placed into a finalists poll. Whoever wins this will be that months winner. In between the two polls each finalist will have a 3 day time span to make changes to their entry.

Last edited by chief; August 22nd, 2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 09:19 AM

spongewyatt is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Speed Custom Unit Contest D5

What's it's size? It looks like a Medium 5/6, but I'm not sure.

My Custom:Units---Maps

Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:09 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Your choice, I think in real life its probably around a 6.
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:13 PM

Old August 13th, 2010, 05:51 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got mine sent off. When will the poll be up? I think the first contest had a deadline in the OP. That would probably be worth adding. (Or I'm going blind, but I sure don't see it).

Also I've been thinking about why the first contest was so much more sucessful than the more recent ones. This purely my opinion, take it for what it's worth. I think that limiting the contest to a single figure is too restrictive for some. The first contest allowed any dnd mini, which left much more options. Personally I enjoy the single unit method. It challenges me to create a unique unit. However this isn't for everyone, and I think that those who do enjoy it are the minority, so there are less entries. I'd suggest allowing a pool of units to choose from. Example: All figures from the deathknell set. Once again this is only personal speculation, so take it for what it's worth.

I think Ollie put it best with this logic about tournament restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie
Like Jexik says, the best thing is not to impose restrictions and watch the units come in. I've seen Hatamoto and DW7K at the same event and it was as vanilla as possible. I've also been to an event where there were more Taelords than Q9s. I guess this thread is more about my frustration with people who say the equivalent of "let's increase variety by reducing the types of build that are permitted" and hoping to get them to think a little more about what they want to achieve.

Last edited by Chardar; August 14th, 2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old August 18th, 2010, 08:52 PM

Entries due by tomorrow night!
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm a little confused. I was busy organizing an event for the past few weeks so I didn't have a chance to create an entry. However i don't see a deadline in the opening post either, just he above quote that entries were due on the 19th.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:20 PM

Alright, due to lack of entire,s I am extending the due date to the 24th. Then the poll will run for 2 days. Then editing can occur until the 28th. then 2 days for the final poll.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:40 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry chief, I doubt mine will be in before the 25th. I hope you still get enough entries to make it work though. These contest can be fun to see what other people can come up with.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:37 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Another thing that would probably help the contests is publicity. If the guys at W@HS could get us some front page exposure we'd probably generate a lot more interest.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards