Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Speed Customs. Let's talk about it again.

EBWOP: If I'm a judge that is.

Also, I don't see why there would need to be more than 3 judges per contest, maybe 1 or 2 more on the bench.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I'll apply for a judge if needed as well. Though I'd also like to participate sometimes/most times.
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:37 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Wow, thanks for all the responses guys,

So so far that's 5 people willing to judge (3 of which want to compete sometimes). Scytale and Greygnarl, do you two want to enter on occasion as well?

I've sent out a few PMs too, I'll see what responses I get back, and then we can work out the specifics of how to rotate the judges.

Quote:
Would each judge's commentary on each custom that is submitted be available? This could be an invaluable resource to both the creator and just casual readers as well.
I wouldn't require the judges to submit comments with their votes, I don't want to bog down people with a bunch of work in a short timespan. However, everyone is free (and encouraged) to comment on the entries in the contest thread including the judges.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:40 PM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd like to have the option to enter, but probably won't.

Old June 5th, 2013, 09:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

If we need to get the MCC back up and running, I or others would be more than willing to make a card for you if that's your concern.
Old June 6th, 2013, 03:44 AM

IstariofSmoke is surprisingly tart

Im excited for these contests, though jumping in the ring with some of the big boys is daunting, but it should be fun.
Old June 6th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
So so far that's 5 people willing to judge (3 of which want to compete sometimes). Scytale and Greygnarl, do you two want to enter on occasion as well?
I may participate if I have the opportunity, but I don't mind just being a judge either. Whatever works best.
Old June 6th, 2013, 12:04 PM

A thought: Judges should not communicate with the other judges on their choice, and should send it to someone, presumably Soundwarp. This avoids group-think.

EDIT: But that doesn't work, because of ties. I guess judges should just deliberate inthread?

Old June 6th, 2013, 01:01 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
A thought: Judges should not communicate with the other judges on their choice, and should send it to someone, presumably Soundwarp. This avoids group-think.

EDIT: But that doesn't work, because of ties. I guess judges should just deliberate inthread?
Yeah I've been thinking on this. At first I was thinking the judges could just send me their vote for the winner, but if every judge picks a different one or something, we're sort of stuck. I don't particularly want the judges to have to come to a mutual choice, since that will take more time and effort than I'm willing for a bunch of volunteers to spend.

The best option might be for each judge to grade each entry (like on a scale from 1-10 or some such), works for most real world contests.

My Etsy Store
Old June 6th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The best option might be for each judge to grade each entry (like on a scale from 1-10 or some such), works for most real world contests.
Losing to a strong entry is one thing, but getting poor grades on your custom is depressing. I'd hate for people to be turned off by negative reviews (even though it would be informative).

You could do something as simple as a public vote if the judges are tied.
Old June 6th, 2013, 01:37 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Losing to a strong entry is one thing, but getting poor grades on your custom is depressing. I'd hate for people to be turned off by negative reviews (even though it would be informative).

If the grades were kept private, it wouldn't be an issue. The grades could be PM'd to Soundwarp, who could figure out the winner, and post that in the public thread at the conclusion of voting.
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:41 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:

If the grades were kept private, it wouldn't be an issue. The grades could be PM'd to Soundwarp, who could figure out the winner, and post that in the public thread at the conclusion of voting.
Yeah, I was planning on having the judges' votes be secret. I think it will work best that way. The judges will still be free to comment on entries in the thread if they want to/ have the time though.

Also, got back a few responses to the PMs I sent out, we should have at least one more judge, possibly two. That works out well I think, with at least 6 judges, it will be easy for some to rotate out each week to enter the contest.

My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; June 6th, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards