Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 7th, 2006, 08:33 PM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
Base a competitive army around: Ninjas of the Northern wind!

Iv'e been wanting to incorporate these guys in my games for a while now but just have't found a good place where they fit in. So can someone help me make a 400 pt. army that's based around them?

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old December 7th, 2006, 08:47 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd think it wouldn't be that tough since they are great.
Old December 7th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
you need to pair them up with a great melee tie up unit like the samuri and some range like the krav. I could see a samuri/ninja army working well with the new samuri hero.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old December 8th, 2006, 02:25 AM

TyG17 has disabled reputation
NotNW
Krav
Marro Warriors
Krug
Tagawa
_______
500 pts

I saw this army somewhere else and i like it. I played with it against a 650 pt army and still one. I did some great maneuvering and lucky rolls but i did it

Ty G
- There will never be another me...

Back from the dead...
Old December 8th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
What the ninja have going for them is mobility; but this can be a curse aswell. If you get the ninja into the enemy lines unsupported, there is a limit to what you can do (sure you may take their points value, but not much else normally)

For 400 points you NEED range, as said, and the Kravs or Nakita are going to be your friends. Lets go with the Kravs as they have the extra move and range. I'd then add the Kozuke in for the hero-killing punch they pack, and 2 squads of roborats.

So;

NotNW: 110
Krav Maga: 100
Kozuke: 100
Deathreavers x2: 80

Or alternatively, for some more range options;

NotNW: 110
Nakita Agents: 120
Gorillinators: 90
Deathreavers x2: 80 (Or Raelin)

both of these armies have the ability to tie up enemies real quick and counter their range. The problem with the second army is that a high-defence hero - Q9, Charos, etc - are going to take a LONG time to kill.

But once youre in the melee, you have the mobility and ability to take the tactical superiority of height, with the smoke powder and engagement strike support of the nakitas PLUS your lovable primadons should have grabbed some glyphs for you...

Still, theres probably a couple of armies which would fare well against this, as youre unlikely to get a series of heavy attacks. A grut swarm or humans w/bonding army might have a good chance against these armies. Still, they feel nice to me.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:53 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
The Ninjas work well on their own in almost any situation, so I usually use them with larger units that I don't typically choose because they mess up bonding.

Ninjas
Jotun
elves

or

Ninjas
charos
Marro
Deathreavers

or

Ninjas
Sudema
Nakita
Deathreavers

or

Ninjas
DW8000
DW9000

The larger units can be moved in, but won't slow the entire army down, since the Ninjas are fast and can be used to alternate around them. I don't feel that I waste order markers on my big pieces that move slowly when I have Ninjas on the field to rush in with a 4 attack and a great defensive special. I feel Ninjas get lost in big armies and do best when practially on their own.
Old December 8th, 2006, 11:17 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
What you should start is a thread that incorporates the idea of NOT using the Krav Maga as your first choice.

I bet nobody could do it.

On topic:

Sylvaris or Deadeye Dan could work well with the Ninja.
When they roll and move back with stealth you can pick off the guys when they move close to engage. Actually using the ninja's disappear to draw guys into range is a cool concept.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old December 9th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
I bet people could (and have). Orc army? Soldier army?

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old December 9th, 2006, 12:20 PM

Omega has disabled reputation
i dont know how well these would do so please comment, but what if you had
ninjas 110
nakita 120
Gnators 90
raelin or DED 80 or 60
total 400 or 380
and if you wanted a 500 point take that an add krav maga 100. is that good, i am not quite sure?

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Old December 16th, 2006, 01:55 AM

TopHatCat64 has disabled reputation
I don't think you really need to built a specific army around the ninjas since, as playa1 said, they excel at what they do with a minimal need for move bonding or melee bodyguards.

As long as your army has the other major components covered (squad killer, big hero killer, melee screen, range), the ninjas will take care of that last component of mobility, glyph grabbing, and end game clean up.
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:36 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHatCat64
I don't think you really need to built a specific army around the ninjas since, as playa1 said, they excel at what they do with a minimal need for move bonding or melee bodyguards.

As long as your army has the other major components covered (squad killer, big hero killer, melee screen, range), the ninjas will take care of that last component of mobility, glyph grabbing, and end game clean up.
Yes, but you REALLY need hero cleanup, as Braxas/Nilf/Q9 waste the ninjs's, they can dissapear all they want, they will just have poison/ice shards/bullets in their system.

Darkclown
Old January 7th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
I had good luck for a couple of games with this build:

Ninjas: 110
Braxas: 210

Total: 400

I know, not exactly built around the ninjas, but it has viable answers for most "problems" you're likely to see across the table.

For 500pts, how bout this:

Ninjas: 110
Nilfheim: 185
Krug or Nakitas (depending on map/opponent): 120

Total: 495

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion