Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old November 14th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC
An ork has to do what an ork has to do. Waaaagggghh
That was always the excuse back then. You go up against a guy who has a couple or three Pulsa Rockets and you spend the entire game standing up the enormous amounts of figures that got knocked down by the blast radius, not to mention the vehicles. After a while, at tourneys, it became whoever went first would win. I even had an all Squat army that was designed around going first and using flamers. You also could deploy your entire army on overwatch which was the only way to survive the assassins and eldar jetbike armies with the exarcs all swooping down behind your vehicles etc.. In the end I loved the models and hated the game.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 14th, 2007, 01:53 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
In the end I loved the models and hated the game.
That says it all right there. My feelings as well.

btw: I can't remember the name of them all, but I actually mixed it up with support weapons. I liked the "idea" of them.

I liked the bouncy one
I liked the earthquake one
I liked the one where you would toss snotlings through a vortex of some sort.

I used one of each.
Along with stromboyz, badmoons, and the rest just deathskulls (pirates - freebooterz)
Old November 14th, 2007, 01:55 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin

Third edition started out pretty good, but then tanked after the elder codex imo. It was almost like each codex tried to out-do the next.
i always thought the eldar codex was the best one of the bunch. Whenever the guys at the game shop would discuss other army lists, there was always a unit or two they'd say you had to have in your army and a couple you should never have. When the discussion turned to eldar, it always turned into an argument about which units were better. Every eldar army was different.*

*okay, the wrathlord was way over powered and the avatar was way under powered, but the rest was good stuff.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:26 PM

Burlapple has disabled reputation
For me 2nd edition, while unbalanced in the wrong hands, was FUN. Third edition was just once big nonsensical toilet flush into hand-to-hand combat, where the bigger squad wins...prompting you go buy more metal.

I loved facing the orks in 2nd. Their artillery was a hoot. Two bad they didn't have the same random action madboys you saw in Rogue Trader.
Old November 15th, 2007, 07:33 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlapple
For me 2nd edition, while unbalanced in the wrong hands, was FUN. Third edition was just once big nonsensical toilet flush into hand-to-hand combat, where the bigger squad wins...prompting you go buy more metal.

I loved facing the orks in 2nd. Their artillery was a hoot. Two bad they didn't have the same random action madboys you saw in Rogue Trader.
Yes, I missed some of the rouge trader, but to play outside of your circle of friends it was broken. The folks that I played with we just had "fun" with it. It wasn't so competitive. When GB had mentioned the support I knew what he meant becasue some folks would take a crap ton of the pulsa rockets and then the other person wouldn't even get a TURN! yeah.. thats fun. The folks I would play with we just had fun with it for what it was. I didn't mind second edition so much as they did TRY and incorporate some of the rouge trader elements, but the 3rd edition just felt so .. I don't know, generic.
Old November 16th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Hop-Splat gun was my favorite Orc support weapon. 3rd/4th edition brought better army control by classifying the units and limiting some of the more beardy combinations but it took away some of the intelligence that the troopers had and the tabletop became one big mosh-pit. We've been working on a hybrid rule set (we call Version:Fun) that takes the best of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th editions and makes the game fun again. Heck, I've been putting some figures together that have been in boxes for several years in anticipation of playing our Version:Fun rules more often.

Newb.
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:29 PM

ron3090 Woo who?
I just got the full 4E rulebook, and I found the perfect game for me.

KILL-TEAM.

Handful o' units, classic RPG style, and a big focus on terrain.

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:41 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!
I think I played 3rd Edition - Played Sisters of Battle w/ a Deathwatch HQ squad before they had a codex. Fun to play, but really only effective against Tyranids.

Now I play the RTS on the PC to get my warhammer fix. SoB will be in the next expansion this spring.
Old November 17th, 2007, 08:53 PM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron3090

KILL-TEAM.

We've played combat patrol and really enjoy it. We will have to try out Kill-team as it looks very enjoyable and almost has a Necromunda feel to it! The nice thing about the smaller games is that it doesn't take a lot of effort to get a fully painted army.

Newb.
Old November 17th, 2007, 10:47 PM

ron3090 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Quote:

KILL-TEAM.

We've played combat patrol and really enjoy it. We will have to try out Kill-team as it looks very enjoyable and almost has a Necromunda feel to it! The nice thing about the smaller games is that it doesn't take a lot of effort to get a fully painted army.

Newb.
Unless, of course, you wanted to go all out and paint your Kill-Team to be "Chuck Norris Awesome."

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...
Old November 18th, 2007, 01:23 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
I heard about kill teams, and it sounded really cool. Not worth buying the book for though. My gaming cash is going toward AT-43 right now, and even that has to be put on hold for awhile.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old November 18th, 2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Quote:

KILL-TEAM.

Newb.
Unless, of course, you wanted to go all out and paint your Kill-Team to be "Chuck Norris Awesome."
LOL! Chuck used to play 40k but got bored since no one could beat him and after he drop-kicked the Emperor!

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures