Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old November 1st, 2007, 07:13 PM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart
Hey guys, I just bought the Operation Damocles initiation set along with some terrain, Star Troopers and Assault Golems units and all the rule books except the gorillas. I also bought a pack of AT-43 gaming tiles to play on. I will be reading the rules and hopefully getting some game play this weekend. The presentation of the rule books are fantastic. The miniatures imho are comparable to Heroscape. Phone call; finish post later with other comments about game.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |
Old November 1st, 2007, 07:30 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
AT-43 is a great game and the prepainted figures are nice (especially the later ones). The learning curve is a bit more intense than HS but is fairly simple once you get the concepts down. The turn structure allows each side to move one unit at a time using face-down unit cards to determine order of activations. The cards are ordered by each player at the start of the turn. Each unit moves and attacks (with each weapon system in the unit firing at the same time and possibly different targets). Then your opponent reveals a unit card and activates that unit (moving and attacking).

All actions use a table to determing the target number needed on a d6 for an action to be successful. The target number is usually determined by subtracting a target's stat (defense) from the attacker's stat (accuracy) and then checking that result against the table to find the target number needed. (My terminology might be off a bit but it gets the concept across). Most of the figures can take one hit but the bigger figures and vehicles can take multiple hits on different locations with damage on certain locations causing the vehicle to lose certain abilities such as moving or losing a weapon.

All ranges are measured in metric (cm) and from the leader of a squad or individuals. Ranges are determined in range increments (10 cm) which are used in determining the target number needed.

The artwork and quality of the books are nice too. Overall, it's a great game and the best part is you don't have to paint anything...just throw down and start playing. Another thing that is cool about the game is that it has combat gorillas!!

Newb.
Thanks for the quick-info Newb.
I'm interested, but not that interested in purchasing! But it is nice to read some impressions of the game.
Combat Gorillas do sound cool.
Old November 1st, 2007, 08:42 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Glad the information was useful, HEH!

Combat Gorillas rule (aka Karmans)!!!:

Newb.
Old November 1st, 2007, 09:04 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Whoah.
Neat figures!
Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:25 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
My group so far has two players who want UNA, and one that's interested in the Redblok. So far none of us are interested in the karmans.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:05 AM

dickflea Woo who?
i must say that the figures are pretty neat, however the price is the major stumbling block for me.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:12 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
I loved it when my friends complained about the price at first. These are guys I met through a CMG game. :P

I just pointed out how much they spend per Mechwarrior release and how well over half of what they buy ends up sitting in a box marked trade bait forever. Suddenly, AT-43 looked cheep.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:40 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I agree that the price looks a bit steep at first but the cost is reasonable after you consider how much time and effort is needed just to start playing any other standard miniature game (40k, WFB, etc). And CMGs can be even more expensive if a person is not careful.

Newb.
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:51 AM

DeadZa has disabled reputation
My biggest problem with trying to jump head first into AT-43 seems to be how different do each army types play? The UNA and Redblok look so much alike and the units even look alot alike. That just leaves the cyborgs and apes to really seem any different at a glance. For all its faults Warhammer 40k has some clearly defined factions even with their Ryu Marines to their Akuma Chaos Marines. Lots of difference between the two even if very similar.
Old November 6th, 2007, 02:18 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
From what I've seen, the UNA is all about elite soldiers with good range and Striders with no armor.

Redblok is about lots of basic infantry, one or two really elite infantry, and striders that can win the battle all by themselves. Battle armor is sick too.

Redblok would seem to be good for a more aggresive player since they're often low accuraccy requires you to get in close.

Old November 6th, 2007, 02:33 PM

DeadZa has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
From what I've seen, the UNA is all about elite soldiers with good range and Striders with no armor.

Redblok is about lots of basic infantry, one or two really elite infantry, and striders that can win the battle all by themselves. Battle armor is sick too.

Redblok would seem to be good for a more aggresive player since they're often low accuraccy requires you to get in close.
So UNA isn't very good?
Old November 6th, 2007, 09:19 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadZa
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade

So UNA isn't very good?
Didn't mean it to come out like that. I like my UNA.

Biggest thing I saw with UNA is their accuracy. It's generally 5 while the Redblok is generally 2. That's a huge difference, and many UNA squads can be upgraded with triple lense helmets that give them +1 accuraccy. That means UNA can be relied on to hit a target even at a long distance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures