Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

View Poll Results: What order do you think it is?
Romans > Axegrinders > Deathchasers 6 33.33%
Romans > Deathchasers > Axegrinders 0 0%
Axegrinders > Romans > Deathchasers 8 44.44%
Axegrinders > Deathchasers > Romans 1 5.56%
Deathchasers > Romans > Axegrinders 1 5.56%
Deathchasers > Axegrinders > Romans 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 30th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Romans, Axegrinders, or Deathchasers?

Romans, Axegrinders, and Deathchasers are typically known as the best melee armies after the ones in the very top echelon of armies - Knights and Heavy Gruts, and Greenscales too but they're sort of a pseudo melee-range army. If I recall correctly Matthias (the god of melee) thinks the Dwarves are closer to the Knights and Heavies, while I think they're in the tier with the Romans and Deathchasers. Regardless, I think it's a very interesting debate comparing each to one another that I could see go many ways.

For me, right now, I think it's Axegrinders are the best, then Romans, then Deathchasers. But all are close. I think Axegrinders just have so much flexibility with their move it's hard to pass up so I lean towards them first. And I think Deathchasers I lean towards last because their a 3-squad, despite their 4 attack. But again all 3 are very solid and I could see an argument for any order actually. Romans and Deathchasers have MBS, which is great. Axegrinders and Romans have Mogrimm, which is great. Deathchasers and Axegrinders (vs. large/huge) have 4 attack, which is great. Romans can get a 4th attack dice from Marcus but it requires setup and is limited.

Each order I think has a decent argument:

-Romans > Axegrinders > Deathchasers
-Romans > Deathchasers > Axegrinders
-Axegrinders > Romans > Deathchasers
-Axegrinders > Deathchasers > Romans
-Deathchasers > Romans > Axegrinders
-Deathchasers > Axegrinders > Romans

What order do you think it is? Or in other words, which army do you think is best and which is worst?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion