Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 6th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Liu Kang (Public Playtesting)

First game done, hoping to do the second this evening.

The JLD are going to love this guy!
Any suggestions for 1,130 point builds to face this guy, J'onn II, Batman III and Black Bat?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 6th, 2019, 12:57 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

What was the result?
Old March 6th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
What was the result?
Close defeat, only a maimed and bleeding Splinter left on the battlefield.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 6th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Hard as ice

I have an army now!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 6th, 2019, 03:53 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Liu Kang

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.

Map: HYDRA Base Gehenna.
Units: Liu Kang (260), Star-Lord, and Jack Flag (700) vs. Metallo, Mysterio, Mysterio Holographs, and Lexcorp Security x2 (700).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.

Map: HYDRA Base Gehenna.
Units: Liu Kang (260), Jack Flag, and Star-Lord (700) vs. Cyclops II, Nightcrawler II, Iceman, and Armor (700).
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Liu Kang is really interesting. He benefits from JLD D20 & blank manipulation and also fits into Champion builds such as Mongul and Allen the Alien. I found him to work really well in a tight-knit Star-Lord army, though. Champion of the Earthrealm plus Ragtag Tactics really makes for some mean offense coming from Kang, who already has good resources in Bicycle Kick and Enter the Dragon.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: What a fun unit! The flexibility between two ranged blank-boosted attacks, 3 adjacent attacks, or Enter the Dragon rolls on weak targets creates a lot of decisions each turn. He pulled his weight fairly well in both games, and is deserving of 260 points as it stands.
Comments in red.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 6th, 2019, 06:19 PM
Hard as ice

- Theme Test - Inconclusive, but he fits the character as far as I know him..
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass
- There are much scarier Champions out there. If we worried about Classic synergies the Knights of Weston would be notable, but we don't, so...
- Synergies Test - Pass - Justice League synergies are always nice, and between his Champion status, terrifying bonus from blanks on attack and D20 insta-kill vs. weakened opponents, he's one of the best recipients for Justice League Dark synergy I've seen by pure accident, but nothing feels concerning.
- Power Check - Pass - Pairing him with Zatanna was pretty terrifying, but then again, a lot of that goes into her cost.
- Fun Test - Definite Pass! All his powers are actually loads of fun to use, and he's a scary, useful, fun unit.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass
- Drafting Test - Definite Pass!
- Usage Test - Pass
- His normal attacks with Shaolin Fire will likely be the most popular, but against certain heroes who are pains to hurt attempting Enter the Dragon to finish them off is worthwhile (particularly with Batman (vIII) or another D20 booster on side), and Bicycle Kick also has its purposes (particularly to cut through defensive powers and counter-strikes that don't work against SAs).
- Strategy Test - Pass - Trying to make the most of Champion of Earthrealm’s defence boost when this guy has to be the tip of the spear is interesting, as is balancing when to use his different attack types. This guy almost feels like a melee Punisher, in an odd way - one attack you’ll probably use most of the time, but he still has a tool for other jobs when it’s needed.

Name Of The Playtest Units: Liu Kang

Army Test 1
Map:
Mayberry (no glyphs)
Armies:
Captain America (C3G), Liu Kang, Zatanna (II), Zangief, Bucky (930)
vs.
Master Splinter, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo (930 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map:
Conflict Chernobyl (no glyphs)
Armies;
Martian Manhunter (vII), Batman (vIII), Liu Kang, Black Bat (1,130 points)
vs.
Baron Heinrich Zemo, Allen the Alien, Goro, Reptile, Leatherface (1,130 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I enjoyed this guy much more than I expected to - I had a blast with him! As a matter of fact, I consider a lot of these Mortal Kombat kharacters to be among the most enjoyable figures to play. I'm happy with him at 260.
I do have one serious suggestion, though. Rather than making Champion of Earthrealm's bonus whenever he has 2 OMs on his card, make it trigger at the start of the round for the rest of the round if he has 2 OMs then. This will make him less able to be mucked around by OM manipulators, but, more importantly, it will eliminate a weird anti-synergy he has with Raiden right now. At present, when Raiden appears, he hogs all the OMs and immediately kills the Champion of Earthrealm bonus, weakening how well they play together quite notably, which doesn't seem ideal for these two characters (I believe I'm right in saying they're fairly close allies in the lore?). This small change would allow you to keep the bonus even when Raiden takes over, massively helping the viability of that pairing (not to the point that it becomes great, but at least to the point where they aren't actively stepping on each other's toes).

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 6th, 2019, 07:47 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Thanks for the tests. That should be enough to wrap him up.

As for the Raiden bit, I think that’s something we could tweak on Raiden. Have him only take unrevealed numbered OMs, so if Kang took 1 turn and has the X, bonus saved. Changing it to the start of the round would allow for OM reorganizes to then become a viable strategy which wasn’t the intention. Raiden stepping on toes is within theme too so no issue there.
Old March 6th, 2019, 08:26 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
As for the Raiden bit, I think that’s something we could tweak on Raiden. Have him only take unrevealed numbered OMs, so if Kang took 1 turn and has the X, bonus saved. Changing it to the start of the round would allow for OM reorganizes to then become a viable strategy which wasn’t the intention. Raiden stepping on toes is within theme too so no issue there.
We don't usually do effects like that where an action can't be immediately verified. (In that example, you get to keep one of your unrevealed OMs in place and the opponent can't really see that it's the X)

Definitely agree that other OM rearrangers might start looking more attractive if you went with the start of the round version, and Raiden wouldn't be the prime beneficiary.

If Raiden is thematically a 'take charge, cause some friction' kinda guy, then I'd leave that tension between the two in place.
Old March 6th, 2019, 08:30 PM

Yeah that’s fair, I’m fine with just leaving it. It’s a once per game effect anyways.
Old March 6th, 2019, 09:25 PM

Can I get a wording check @Ronin ?

I propose we move to final editing.
Old March 6th, 2019, 09:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Liu Kang (Vote for Final Editing)

Yea
Old March 6th, 2019, 10:28 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Liu Kang (Breathing)

Revised Champion of Earthrealm:

Quote:
CHAMPION OF EARTHREALM
If at least two Order Markers are on this card, Liu Kang adds 1 to his Attack number, and all friendly figures within clear sight of Liu Kang add 1 to their Defense numbers.
Honestly Shaolin Fire and Enter the Dragon are stumping me a little bit. I don't love the current wording, but I'm having a hard time landing on anything else that's clear and official-sounding.

Open to any thoughts there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library