Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 10th, 2014, 01:04 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Kobolds (Design/Brainstorm

I'm just going to throw this idea into the mix as a third power. I too was thinking First Assault might be a cool addition, but modified. Along with my suggestion, I would suggest to drop their movement to 4 or 5. I am mainly thinking 5, and the additional movement from HIT AND RUN can represent added adrenaline.

(I tried to see if any one else has used this as an ability title, and I didn't see it)

HIT AND HIT
When attacking with "UNIT NAME" if the defending figure was not adjacent to an attacking "UNIT NAME" at the start of this turn, the "UNIT NAME" receives 1 additional attack dice. After a/an "UNIT NAME" attacks it may move up to 2 spaces. When moving with HIT AND RUN "UNIT NAME" are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

If you want a more comedic name that was also limited to attacking Large and Huge figures, it could be called, "YOU AIN'T THAT BIG"

I was thinking a hit and run kind of ability would allow them to remain on the weaker side with attack 2 and defense 2 for the base stats, but this allows them some first strike ability, but an opponent could shut it down by first engaging potentially attacking "kobolds." I think a hit and run would capture a feel of the little guys rushing in with a fast strike, and then a short jump back to look at the result of their attack.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; January 10th, 2014 at 01:35 AM.
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:14 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Can somebody give me some good-quality pictures of these kobolds, so that I can prepare them for the army card ?

The image available on the internet have a good quality, but the position of the figures is bad to make a card...
I have taken some pictures. I'll post them in a little bit…
Here they are:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps556ab32f.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps5b177ed6.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps2de28130.jpg

Hymar's_Temple

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; January 10th, 2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:46 AM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

My only concern about a First Assault-style power is that we're talking about moving anywhere from 3-9 figures a turn. I don't know how hard that would be to track.
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
My only concern about a First Assault-style power is that we're talking about moving anywhere from 3-9 figures a turn. I don't know how hard that would be to track.
Hmm, good point, I hadn't thought of it like that. We may need to be careful what powers we combine with Warrior's Devotion as to not make their turns too complex. I'm still in favor of a limited offensive boost, but this concern makes me hesitate to go with First Assault.

Here's another thought: what about doing a power like Isamu's Dishonorable Attack, but reversed it so that it excluded a specific group as to make it not as niche. Something like:

LOYAL TO JANDAR
A [Reaper Kobold] rolls 1 additional attack die when attacking a figure that does not follow Jandar.

Simple, easy to track, and strongly thematic (at least in my mind).

Ooh, I just had another idea:

HONORABLE COMBAT
A [Reaper Kobold] rolls 1 additional attack die when attacking a figure that does not have any Wound Markers on its Army Card.

This shows them as having a strong honor sense, and attacking an enemy while wounded, to them, is wrong.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:47 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

It seems like we have several themes:
* Loyalty to their Master
* Swarm of Little Guys

Here's a power (with a funny name!) that works with both:

JAB JAB JAB
When a Hero you control makes a normal attack on an adjacent figure, you may re-roll one attack die for each Kobold adjacent to the target.
Or: an additional attack die for every kobold, up to +3?

It's like Mob Attack but they help their Heroes instead of getting the swarm effect themselves. The idea is that the target, trying to evade the Hero’s attack, finds himself jabbed with a kobold spear in a sensitive place. You can use the first power to swarm and then follow up with your heavy hitters.
Old January 10th, 2014, 12:46 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Why does everyone want to give these guys a power with a funny name? It's not like we're designing a squad of clowns!
Old January 10th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I like pretty much every one of those powers. The question is which one would work best, I think, with the powerset we have.
Old January 10th, 2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
It seems like we have several themes:
* Loyalty to their Master
* Swarm of Little Guys

Here's a power (with a funny name!) that works with both:

JAB JAB JAB
When a Hero you control makes a normal attack on an adjacent figure, you may re-roll one attack die for each Kobold adjacent to the target.
Or: an additional attack die for every kobold, up to +3?
I like this one. I fits a solid theme of the presence of the unit on the battlefield (considering they may also be sentinels), and without their own boost to a kobold attack it can keep them with an attack and defense that I think better represents there size.
I really have a problem with seeing these kobolds as ever having a attack of 3 on their own--without the boost coming from either an aura, a glyph, height advantage, or some other modifier. With my suggestion ability earlier, I could possible except the idea that they are lunging and leaping into the attack--almost like a galloping charge.

In my opinion, considering the range of all existing units, it just seems out of place to think that Small 3 Kobalds--slightly smaller the Goblins Cutters (based on the sculpts)--are able to have an attack of 3 on their own. It just seems unfitting that their attack could be equal to a Roman Legionnaire, a Dwarf, a Warrior of Ashra, a Knight, or a Viking.

I also agree some testing is needed (on a few options that "seem" to capture a good theme), in order to know which is the most balanced.

Hymar's_Temple
Old January 10th, 2014, 07:29 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[QUOTE=Maklar the Silver Prince;1901820]WHITTLE AWAY
If a figure is attacked by more than one reaper kobold, it role one less defense die for each attack./QUOTE]

Hmm, I really like this one. It is very synergistic with Warriors Devotion, and very thematic. Whoever came up with the one was a genius!

Wasn't too serious with that last sentence, just wanted to bump this one up on this list so everyone can consider it.

(I like these smily dudes) :duh : (as you can tell, I'm easily entertained. Shame on me for wasting this valuable space)

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 10th, 2014, 07:56 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like jab jab jab except for the name. I also agree they should not have too high an attack on their own. These are little guys.
Old January 10th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Personally, I don't find a swarmed-based third power very interesting. We already have plenty of units that just swarm the enemy and wear them down, it's nothing new. On the other hand, a squad with a power that gives them limited extra activations but that don't need/want to just swarm the enemy would be unique.

I'm also not a fan of doing a passive power on them; normally I really enjoy passive units, but I just don't see these little guys being useful passively: they're defense is so low they won't stick around, and if they're attack is kept at 2, it won't be worth taking turns with them. I just don't see these guys being useful if they don't have a way to boost up their offense on their turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
In my opinion, considering the range of all existing units, it just seems out of place to think that Small 3 Kobalds--slightly smaller the Goblins Cutters (based on the sculpts)--are able to have an attack of 3 on their own. It just seems unfitting that their attack could be equal to a Roman Legionnaire, a Dwarf, a Warrior of Ashra, a Knight, or a Viking.
I don't think they should have a base attack of 3, but I don't find these guys having the potential to get to 3 attack unthematic at all. Stats in 'Scape have always been inconsistent: normal humans (Valguard and Tandros) shouldn't thematically be as tough as a Giant (Jotun), but they are. For these guys, it could easily be explained in multiple ways: maybe the Kobolds are exceptionally fast in combat, or their weapons are magically forged, or they're just very skilled fighters.

Even with theme aside, I personally feel the Kobolds will be too weak without an offensive power. I'd rather have a unit that is arguably unthematic then a unit that isn't useful.

But I've stated my opinions enough times now, I'll quite down and wait to see where things go.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:18 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I think a surround-like ability would be neat on these little guys.
How about,

THE BIGGER THEY ARE SPECIAL ATTACK (Name could be better)
Range 1 Attack 6
If three (Kobolds) you control are adjacent to the same enemy figure, instead of attacking with those 3 (Kobolds), they may roll thier attack dice as one combined attack. The defending figure compares hieght to the lowest (kobold) to determine hieght advantage. When using The Bigger They Are Special Attack to attack a large or huge figure add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards