Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old August 10th, 2018, 04:54 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
3D printer suggestion

Does anyone have any tips on a 3D printer they would recommend? I am looking for something sub $250. I was considering the Ender 3 due to print size and cost. But some of the reviews concern me.

Any good tips on a printer?
Old August 10th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: 3D printer suggestion

@TREX had a suggestion but I forgot what it was.

Check out this post from jennifer.
Old August 11th, 2018, 12:53 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Does anyone have any tips on a 3D printer they would recommend? I am looking for something sub $250. I was considering the Ender 3 due to print size and cost. But some of the reviews concern me.

Any good tips on a printer?
I have heard that one is the craze lately for affordable table top printing. Im a member of table top groups on facebook and there is a great deal of cool stuff being done on them. I have a snapmaker which runs a bit higher than those as I got mine on kickstarter. I freaking love my printer. I run it nonstop. Ive made heroscape terrain, pieces for frostgrave. I print minis and terrain and they look great. I wish I had one of these much sooner than I got mine. I just bought 4.4 lbs of filament for 26 bucks today. I buy mine on amazon for about 12.99 a roll shipped to my house. If your a tabletop junkie like I am its well worth the price. Good luck and welcome to a new addiction.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 11th, 2018, 07:15 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the tips. The Hyground stuff has pushed me over the edge!
Old August 11th, 2018, 11:33 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Thanks for the tips. The Hyground stuff has pushed me over the edge!
That will be a big time sink for all that stuff. It does look cool. Im passing on that because I can spend that money on filament and print tons of cool stuff off of thingiverse for free.

Old August 11th, 2018, 11:57 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The Ender 3 looks really cool. I may give one of those a try.

What is the size of your print bed TREX?
Old August 11th, 2018, 04:16 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

Mine is only a 5x5x7 or so. I just love the quality that Im getting out of it. Here soon im going to post a bunch of my finished figures, terrain, vehicles, etc.

Old August 14th, 2018, 11:51 PM

Brease is surprisingly tart

We bought an Ender 3 about 6 months ago to test it and a few other inexpensive printers. We love it so much we bought another. We have reviews on our web site and affiliate links. Hygroundtiles.com
Best of luck!
Old August 31st, 2018, 09:46 AM

I ended up going with the Anycubic I3 Mega. The ender-3 looks amazing, but the I3 Mega looks more friendly for a newbie learning the ropes. I can't wait for it to show up!
Old August 31st, 2018, 09:49 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

Mine is only a 5x5x7 or so. I just love the quality that Im getting out of it. Here soon im going to post a bunch of my finished figures, terrain, vehicles, etc.
So is that 5x5 and 7" tall? Have you ever tried to print a RttFF tree? or Tundra stuff?

I picked up a partial Tundra set back a long time ago and I've customed the large glacier that was missing but Ice tiles are something I've had trouble finding. Have you printed any of the tiles. If so how did they fit?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 31st, 2018, 09:54 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

I need to look into one of those as well. We can learn together.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 31st, 2018, 09:57 AM

The more I look into it the more I want one. Great reviews.
There is a learning curve but there are videos and online groups for help.

Plus the print bed is really big. I think it is twice the size of my Micro3D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles