Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old October 29th, 2018, 09:55 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3V and SoV Books of Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
I do hope that my C3V and SoV Index helps out.
It's a really neat resource! Great job on compiling everything.
Old October 29th, 2018, 10:21 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
I do hope that my C3V and SoV Index helps out.
It's a really neat resource! Great job on compiling everything.
You know what army is what now from this new Index. It took searching C3V and SoV Books to find what stats they have.
Old November 28th, 2018, 09:30 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Table showing all the units with links to mini info and where you can buy them here. Thanks, @lefton4ya !
Question - so I was looking at this spreadsheet, and it has multiple options listed for some units. Take the Havech Eradicators for example - it has a option for Therian Assault Golems and Therian Storm Golems. Should I take this to mean that either one of the those sets of figures would be officially acceptable to use for Havech Eradicators? (thinking specifically for tournaments)

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old November 28th, 2018, 09:41 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, you can always go to the thread for the unit in question.

Here, we see that our "official" selection was the Storm Golems Unit Box.

Here, we see the Assault Golems.

They look indistinguishable to me. If there is a TD out there who would permit one but forbid the other, please direct that TD to these words, which are my assessment of the situation: You're doing it wrong.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 28th, 2018, 09:56 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Well, you can always go to the thread for the unit in question.

Here, we see that our "official" selection was the Storm Golems Unit Box.

Here, we see the Assault Golems.

They look indistinguishable to me. If there is a TD out there who would permit one but forbid the other, please direct that TD to these words, which are my assessment of the situation: You're doing it wrong.
Lol. So, yeah - I may have been looking for Havech Eradicators on Ebay and may have accidently bought Therian Assault Golems instead of Therian Storm Golems because they were cheaper and I didn't notice until after I'd paid for them that I'd bought the wrong ones because they looked exactly the same. So when I was looking through that list today and noticed both were on there, I figured I'd ask the question. So, thanks for helping me out.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old November 28th, 2018, 10:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Flash, they weren't the wrong ones. I would *totally* have bought the Assault Golems instead, just like you did, if they cost less. Put them on bases and rock out. It's a great unit, and I'm glad you were able to make it work.

Carry on.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 29th, 2018, 03:51 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I made that spreadsheet combining the "official sculpts" and "alternate sculpts" listed on "Book of" thread as well as C3V Public Miniature Information Thread but also added figures that were "almost the same". For reference when browsing my sheet and you see multiple options, here is why:
  • Heroclix, Mage Knight, Star Wars - Multiple units are exactly the same sculpt and paint-job but have different base stats, so does not matter at all for Heroscape. A few of the promo figures have different paint-jobs.
  • D&D, Mechwarrior - There are multiple paintjobs, but the same sculpts.
  • Confrontation & AT-43: The figures are designed to be modular with different "units" having the same body and head, but can have different arms, weapons, and back protrusions (think of it like GI-Joes with different accessories), but is also why most people agree they are really hard to tell apart and so it doesn't matter that much. This is the case in having many options for Havech Eradicators and Gorillitroopers. FYI, the "Attachment Box" units have more/bigger guns than "Unit Box" but again same head and body.
  • Reaper - The pre-painted plastic figures are hard to find, so some Bones (unpainted plastic) and metal minis are added, but are all same sculpt.

See also C3V & SoV Alternate Figures which has some good-looking proxy ideas for hard-to-find figures, but which we really need some more options added to that list. I will also say what others said, is that for tournaments almost all TDs allow proxies, and at home games it really should not matter. The only reason to care on having the "official sculpt" is for the super completest who wants to "have them all" and is a stickler for collectivity, not playability.

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 29th, 2018 at 04:18 PM.
Old November 29th, 2018, 04:16 PM

Those were both great responses. Thanks to both of you.

Old December 12th, 2018, 09:01 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I was thinking of making heroes for Heroic Mode and they will mutate like the legendary enemies of Fallout 4. They will have 4 special maybe and I will put a star next to their name in the form of this *.
Old December 12th, 2018, 09:03 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I was thinking of making heroes for Heroic Mode and they will mutate like the legendary enemies of Fallout 4. They will have 4 special maybe and I will put a star next to their name in the form of this *.
That's an interesting idea, but don't you think that it belongs in another thread?
Old December 12th, 2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
That's an interesting idea, but don't you think that it belongs in another thread?
Thought this was the question dump, sorry about that.
Old December 12th, 2018, 09:19 PM

No worries, it's easy to miss what thread you're in sometimes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs