Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 17th, 2017, 02:48 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
The Book of Pel the Hill Giant

The Book of Pel the Hill Giant

C3V Wave 7 (Wave 20) - Oreld's Orders - Heroes of Crumland

PDF Download

The figure used for this unit is Ogre from the Blood of Gruumsh box set from the D&D Dungeon Command line.

This figure uses a large single-spaced base.

Character Bio: Pel isn't your typical hill giant. A bit on the small side, and not a skilled or disciplined fighter, Pel makes up for his weaknesses with brute strength equal to that of any other giant. He feels equally at home with Dreadguls or Death Chasers, as long as he gets to cause mayhem with his axe.

Quote:
LAZY
If Pel is engaged, he cannot move normally.

HEAVY AXE
Pel cannot make leaving engagement attacks against small or medium figures.

-Q: If Pel moves into engagement during his normal move, can he continue moving?
A: No.
The Lazy power is checked at all times, not just at the beginning of movement. As soon as Pel becomes engaged he cannot move normally.

Synergy Benefits Received:
ORNAK: RED FLAG OF FURY
As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Pel may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

DEATH CHASERS OF THESK: TASKMASTER BONDING
As a Large Wild Hero, Pel may benefit from Death Chasers of Thesk's TASKMASTER BONDING activation synergy.

DREADGUL RAIDERS: WILD STRATEGIC BONDING
As a Wild Giant Hero, Pel may benefit from Dreadgul Raider's WILD STRATEGIC BONDING activation synergy.

DURGETH RAVAGERS: SAVAGE CRY
As a Savage Hero, Pel the Hill Giant may benefit from the Durgeth Ravagers' SAVAGE CRY activation synergy.

Power Ranking and Master Index
Pel is a nice beatstick that bonds with everything. His negative powers are not too crippling. B+

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

Last edited by Sherman Davies; January 23rd, 2023 at 06:38 AM. Reason: added basing info
Old August 21st, 2017, 08:00 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Pel the Hill Giant

I really need to break this guy out soon. Both the Dreadguls and the Death Chasers are some of my favorite squads. I wonder who I'll like pairing him with better?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 21st, 2017, 09:05 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

This guy is seriously fun to play with! Despite his negative abilities, they are thematic and fun!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 22nd, 2017, 07:54 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

195 Dreadgul Raiders x3
110 Valguard
100 Krav Maga
095 Pel

275 Death Chasers x5
095 Pel
080 Raelin
050 Me-Burq-Sa

Both sound like fun at 500 points.

I do like really well made drawback abilities. With Pel you get a slightly beefier Crixus (without Spartacus, but that's a different +200 points story), but at only 5 points more thanks to the negative powers. And their theme works!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 26th, 2017, 09:17 AM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

To rebase, or not to rebase?

I feel like his original D&D base is just a tad too big... But I hesitate to rebase him because he goes to another game directly. I haven't gotten the chance to play Blood of Gruumsh - would it really matter if he was rebased? Thanks!
Old August 26th, 2017, 11:56 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
To rebase, or not to rebase?

I feel like his original D&D base is just a tad too big... But I hesitate to rebase him because he goes to another game directly. I haven't gotten the chance to play Blood of Gruumsh - would it really matter if he was rebased? Thanks!
Having played Dungeon Command, if you want to easily swap him and out of Scape and DC, I'd put him on a Deathwalker Base. Or you can trim it down. The unit should be a 2x2 one. Easy transition.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 28th, 2017, 02:48 PM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart

I hate to be that guy, but @heroscaper2010 you have a typo when you listed Ornak under synergy's and benefits, Pel is a unique hero, not uncommon.
Old August 28th, 2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raXas1516 View Post
I hate to be that guy, but @heroscaper2010 you have a typo when you listed Ornak under synergy's and benefits, Pel is a unique hero, not uncommon.
No worries! I copied and pasted from another Book and must've overlooked that. Thanks for the catch!
Old October 12th, 2017, 08:24 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Today's release makes Pel even more fun!
Old October 12th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Oooo, I didn't even realize that! I was wondering who the savage's were. Glad I know this synergy now

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 12th, 2017, 10:34 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Oooo, I didn't even realize that! I was wondering who the savage's were. Glad I know this synergy now
This dude, and the zombie hulk, for now.
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The C3V would like to add the following R&C:
Quote:
Q: If Pel moves into engagement during his normal move, can he continue moving?
N: No.
The Lazy power is checked at all times, not just at the beginning of movement. As soon as Pel becomes engaged he cannot move normally.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs