Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old February 13th, 2013, 12:40 AM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker
Heroscape of Might & Magic

been brewing the idea to combine my two favorite past times(heroscape and Heroes of Might & Magic). I've got quite a bit down in a notebook but figured I'd jump on here to see if I could pick up a few more ideas.
Old February 14th, 2013, 01:49 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape of Might & Magic

Which way are you going with it?

MOPs would probably be a good way to convert Heroscape terrain into tiles, due to there simple interconnectability, though Trophy Maps might work. MOPs seem like they'd offer more tactical flexibility.

Are you thinking of making co-op Heroscape rules? Initiative track? Man, give me some rope here... There's so many ways to go.

Last edited by Shedim Kabal; February 15th, 2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:18 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker

Sorry about posting without any info it was to get me working on the idea more. I hadn't thought about MOPs but was planing on using something like trophy maps for the battles between Heroes/towns.

Each player Chooses a Faction/general and may only use cards from that faction/general.
Choose starting points (I would go with 350 as thats my standard game) this would include 1 unique small or medium figure to represent the hero what ever else you pick would be your starting army and will be used in the battles bewtween heroes/towns.
Heroes are the only units that use the map.
Heroes and towns can have up to 7 army cards with/in them.
Each player would need something to represent a town (glyph, model, etc.)could be as big as you want but I dont think I would go any biger then a 7-hex, at towns you would be able to purches more heroes and build dwellings which would alow you to purches armies for your heroes.
Choose an order for players to take turns in(1st, 2nd,etc.)this will be the permanent turn order for the game.
Each player would start with a predetermined amount resources(wood, ore, crystal, gem, sulfer, mecury, gold) and would be able to get more from mines(glyph, model, etc.) of the apropriate type.
On each of your turns you get an amount of resources determined by how many mines of that type you control(wood,ore 2 per turn. crystal, murcurey, gem, sulfer 1 per turn. gold 1000 per turn?) and may build dwelllings, purches units/cards, purches heroes and move heroes.

Dwellings allow the purches of units (on day 1 only) acording to the dweling level.
Level 1 up to 50 points Costs 1000 gold
Level 2 up to 100 points costs 1500 gold 5 wood and ore
Level 3 up to 150+ points costs 2000 gold, 10 wood and ore and 5 of each other resource
Allied(your own heroes/towns or if you set alliences before the game) heroes can trade units/cards from towns and one another
When you encounter a hero or gaurded town (a town will have a castle defending it) you would set up your units on a battlefeild(up to a 12*16 hex map with whatever obstacles(trees,ruins,Etc.) you would like)your units speed would determine the inititive for that unit. any units destroyed in the battle are removed from the armies, if an entire army is destroyed the hero is banished from the map.
Encountering another hero/town ocurs when you atempt to enter the same space as them.

Thats about all I've got so far havn't been able to test it at all yet but hopefully this weekend I'll be able to.
Old February 15th, 2013, 12:04 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually made some trophy maps a while back to represent various terrains for a Might & Magic style game, but found them a little uninspiring after building a few of them (you can download the Virtualscape of them here, if you want).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions