Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old July 5th, 2020, 11:30 PM

TheJewBaller Woo who?
Lightbulb Grading my Heroscape lineup (Budget 400 Points)

Hey guys I just started playing Heroscape again with my step brother and wanted some advice with my lineup. Would love if you guys gave me a grade from A-F and strategies I should implement. He beat me last time sadly

We use a 400 point lineup:

Syvarris: Move: 5 Range: 9 Attack: 3 Defense: 2 Life: 4 (can attack twice)

Tarn Viking Warriors (4) Life: 1 each Move: 4 Range: 1 Attack: 3 Defense: 4 (roll a 20 sided die if you roll a 15 or higher you may move again)

Finn the Viking Champion Life: 4 Move: 4 Range:1 Attack: 3 Defense: 4 (all freindly figures adjacent to Finn with a range of 1 receive an additional attack die. (when finn dies place his figure on another card, they then receive an additional attack die when rolling) (I use this with Scrixus where I can almost over power him)

Scrixus: Move: 5 Life: 5 Range: 1 Attack: 5 Defense: 3 (When defending if Scrixus rolls at least one defensive die the most damage he can take that battle is 1.

Knights of Weston (4): Life: 1 Move: 4 Range: 1 Attack: 3 Defense: 4 (rolls an extra die for figures against figures leaving an engagement with them) (before taking a turn with the knights of weston you can take a turn with any human champion you control)

Any advice on how to use this to my advantage and what grade do you give my squad? My step brother pretty much took out my whole team with Krug, airborn elite, the samurai's and Agent Carr when I had the marro warriors instead of the vikings. I feel the tarn viking warriors give me better defense and more power for Finn to lead his attack.

P.S. any reliable guy you know to buy custom pieces?
Old July 6th, 2020, 12:58 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Grading my Heroscape lineup (Budget 400 Points)

Welcome aboard, JB!

Like yourself, I'm a fan of melee. I would nevertheless open up with a few order markers on Syvarris, and try to bomb important targets from as far away as possible.

As far as buying customs to expand your Valhalla armies, I encourage you to check out the links to the C3V/SoV threads in my signature block. They are high quality customs that are permitted at most tournaments around the country, and all you have to do is buy the mini from anybody who sells minis (Troll&Toad; Coolstuffinc, eBay, wherever), and you can print the card here, for free. They are both the cheapest and best Heroscape customs you will find. If you need more help with that, just say so.

Welcome!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 6th, 2020, 03:03 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Grading my Heroscape lineup (Budget 400 Points)

I gather the Airborne Elite get dropped, and start wiping out your figures/turns? Krug is also amazing here because you can’t swarm him with commons if you don’t own any. Your best bet is to draft something like the Krav to handle the Airborne Elite and try to use something like Deathreavers to swarm around Krug until you are ready to deal with him.

Maps/glyphs are also a factor. If you are building huge boards and throwing down all your glyphs, that also makes units like Airborne Elite much better.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 7th, 2020, 07:51 PM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker
Without knowing what figures you own I can suggest, since you are in fact only at 390 points, dump Crixus and add Denrick (whom I assume you have since your step brother is using Krug) for 10 more points. This will allow you to bond with the Knights of Weston and give you a double turn. Also Denrick gets plus 2 attack against huge figures (Krug) and if you can hit him with Denrick then the Knights you may be able to take Krug out before he hits back.
Your biggest disadvantage is your opponents range but the base 4 defense helps. Do as Dad_Scaper said and put early markers on Syvarris. Use his double attack to take out your opponents ranged Airborn Elite and get some hits early hits on Krug. Keep the Knights and Denrick at a safe distance until you can reach Krug with both. Then when he is in range move in. If you get 5 consecutive attacks on a hopefully already injured Krug you have a good chance to bring him down. Also look to lure him to any areas where you can potentially get high ground. Keep using Syvarris to draw him in. Also use Syvarris at range in the same way against the Samurai.
Hopefully this helps but as always good dice rolls are the most important part of the game. Even the best laid strategy can fall apart without dice support.
sincerely

Guild_Warrior

Last edited by Dysole; August 7th, 2020 at 09:22 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles