Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 19th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
The cost is definitely a big part. While it is a very nice sculpt, other large sculpts that have been used in VC were available for notably cheaper (Mok, Quahon, unreleased Doom Blade Orc Cyclops Sculpt).
Dragon's are typically going to be high cost to purchase. That has always been the nature of D&D/Pathfinder and dragon miniatures.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 19th, 2014, 03:44 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Dragon's are typically going to be high cost to purchase. That has always been the nature of D&D/Pathfinder and dragon miniatures.
I know my feeling is that I'm okay with approving a figure that costs more if it is a really big dragon or other big figure--a Cardinal figure like Nilfheim, Jotun, Bramcephys, etc. can be a little more expensive. Market prices for a used Nilfheim or Braxas are in the $10-$12 range. However, if it is not a Huge figure I don't like seeing a premium price on it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 21st, 2014, 03:28 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I think the only figures that I would want to pay 10-15 bucks for are those that dominate the battle field.

There are a few very cool Figures like the D&D Balor, Treant, Chain Construct and Frost Titan that really do the job nicely, but are much more scarce.

Not to mention a few of the Dragons, but as previously mentioned we have a fairly good assortment of dragons at this point.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 4th, 2015, 06:02 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm going to bump this thread, as there has been no action (in this particular thread) in almost 2 weeks. I'm not rushing anyone or anything, just seeing if I could get an update on what's going on with this project.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 5th, 2015, 12:39 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
I'm going to bump this thread, as there has been no action (in this particular thread) in almost 2 weeks. I'm not rushing anyone or anything, just seeing if I could get an update on what's going on with this project.
What are you wanting an update on? This thread often goes stretches with no activity.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 5th, 2015, 07:43 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
What are you wanting an update on? This thread often goes stretches with no activity.
Woops, I guess I've never seen this thread quiet for this amount of time since I've been interested in this project. I'm sorry.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 5th, 2015, 07:50 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Woops, I guess I've never seen this thread quiet for this amount of time since I've been interested in this project. I'm sorry.
I think it was a nice way to say holidays are over, get back to work!
Old January 5th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

On that note,

The Elgos Knights, Jaraptara, and Urk have passed United Fanscape review and move forward in the process.

The Kobolds of Idona Keep did not pass United Fanscape review and are removed from the process. The Inner Sanctum was split on a very close vote. There was not one specific issue that caused the unit to fail but a number of concerns. The issues were not universal either; what would cause a Nay vote for some would not bother others would voted Nay for other reasons. The various reasons were:
  1. The design strays too far from the usual treatment of kobolds. In particular people did not like them going to Jandar.
  2. Constant 4 Attack is too much for miniatures this small.
  3. Synergy with all Warriors is overly broad.
  4. Synergy with Raelin--already one of the best units in the game.
  5. Getting a boost both before and after the Master dies removes any tension; it's a win-win.
Old January 5th, 2015, 12:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Basically, the VC cast did not like the design.

See you later Kobolds!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 5th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Basically, the VC cast did not like the design.
It would be more accurate to say that at least half of VC did not like it. It was a hotly contested vote with advocates on both sides.
Old January 5th, 2015, 12:27 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

For me, many of those issues hit home. Warrior being the biggest of them all. I would prefer to see a class like Warlord & a different general. I'll make my recommendations in their Bootcamp thread though, as I think the design has promise.

Btw Kalagrith I believe is 2-2 in voting right this second.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 5th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I agree with @Kinseth that it is a weighty list. I do not think any of those issues should be taken lightly by the Boot Camp, should that crew attempt to breathe new life into this submission.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs