Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old December 11th, 2009, 01:22 PM

91030018 has disabled reputation
Red face Effective Armies with 1 RotV and 1 SotM

I am a new Heroscaper, and I would like to get some effective armies for having 1 Sotm and 1 RotV sets. I also might like some battlefields using those 2 sets only.
PS. i'd like to preview some 200,300, 400, 500, and 600 point armies.
Please help. (I'm so bad I'm getting beat up by the people I taught)
Old December 11th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Effective Armies with 1 RotV and 1 SotM

Cheap but effective armies

/end self-promote

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 11th, 2009, 03:46 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

I do like using my army, Blades and Bowstrings--

Raelin RotV--80
Krav Maga Agents--180
Syvarris--280
Finn--360
Throgrim--440
Tarn Vikings--490

For a 520 point army (what I typcally run), you can throw in Eldgrim for an extra 30 points if you have him.

Probably an army that has been run before, or run similarly. It's not that ingenious, but it's cheap, and effective.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old December 11th, 2009, 03:52 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It does depend a bit on what other players are using, maps, etc.

Raelin, Krav, Q10 is a nice 330 point core that you can flesh out in different ways.

Sonlen, Raelin, Q10 could be very interesting, too.

--

For anyone else responding,, here's a list of the figures in both sets:
Old December 11th, 2009, 03:58 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

300 pt
Krav- 100
Raelin- 180
Stingers X2- 300
Simple, yet extremely effective if you are only facing figures from the master sets.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old December 11th, 2009, 05:57 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Whenever people ask for a suggestion in this regard, I always immediately point to Tor-Kul-Na and the nagrubs(x2). That core gives you a figure that can deal with either squads or heroes effectively, and a nice frontline figure to keep your ranged figures safe.

From that 280 point base, you add ranged uniques and/or Raelin. Basically, pick from Raelin (the 80 point one), Marro Warriors, Krav Maga Agents, and Major Q10.
Old December 11th, 2009, 06:24 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

RotV Raelin is better, but it'll also be harder to keep TKN/'grubs in her aura. SotM Raelin also gives you multiple attacks with every card in your army.

At the typical 500 point total, TKN/'grubs x2 leaves you with 220 points.

SotM Raelin and the KMA or Marro Warriors/Tarn Viking Warriors fills that out nicely.

The first army I'd probably try (at 500) would be:
220 Tor-Kul-Na
120 Raelin (SotM)
060 Marrden Nagrubs x2
050 Marro Warriors
050 Tarn Viking Warriors

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 11th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
RotV Raelin is better, but it'll also be harder to keep TKN/'grubs in her aura. SotM Raelin also gives you multiple attacks with every card in your army.

SotM Raelin and the KMA or Marro Warriors/Tarn Viking Warriors fills that out nicely.

220 Tor-Kul-Na
120 Raelin (SotM)
060 Marrden Nagrubs x2
050 Marro Warriors
050 Tarn Viking Warriors
I agree ... but realin does not give whirlwind to everybody in your army ....
otherwise she'd be more like 200+ Especially with you know who....

100posts!!!!!!

Last edited by yamissflash; December 11th, 2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: 100 posts!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 11th, 2009, 06:57 PM

91030018 has disabled reputation

Oh, Wow... I did this in school, and didnt expect this many results

Thanks Guys...

Old December 11th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Master Set only I'd probably go with:

Raelin I
KMA
Q10
Tarns
Stingers x2
500/16

Basic strategy: Fan the Tarns out to create a melee-screen around Rae, KMA and Q10 then send out the Stingers to do most of the dirty work (and 2 squads of stingers can do a whole lot of dirty work). Once you're down to just 1 or 2 Stingers bring out the KMA+Raelin sniperfest-keep the KMA moving to keep them out of melee, even if it means leaving Raelin's aura. When you're down to 1 agent it's time for the Major to do clean-up. Take maximum advantage of his range. If all else fails march the Vikings up to your opponent and axe them in the face.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old December 11th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

220 Tor-Kul-Na
120 Raelin (SotM)
060 Marrden Nagrubs x2
050 Marro Warriors
050 Tarn Viking Warriors
I agree ... but realin does not give whirlwind to everybody in your army
He was saying that by putting Sotm Raelin in there you have the potential for multiple attacks with each activation (be it squads or multiple attacking heros) not that she gives the Whirlwind ability to anyone else.
Old December 12th, 2009, 12:33 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Master Set only I'd probably go with:

Raelin I
KMA
Q10
Tarns
Stingers x2
500/16

Basic strategy: Fan the Tarns out to create a melee-screen around Rae, KMA and Q10 then send out the Stingers to do most of the dirty work (and 2 squads of stingers can do a whole lot of dirty work). Once you're down to just 1 or 2 Stingers bring out the KMA+Raelin sniperfest-keep the KMA moving to keep them out of melee, even if it means leaving Raelin's aura. When you're down to 1 agent it's time for the Major to do clean-up. Take maximum advantage of his range. If all else fails march the Vikings up to your opponent and axe them in the face.
I like the army but I'd probably replace the Tarns with the Marro Warriors.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles