Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old December 12th, 2009, 05:40 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Effective Armies with 1 RotV and 1 SotM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
I think Syvarris falls into the will-always-have-a-soft-spot-in-my-heart-for-him kind of figure. Before I knew about meta-gaming and tournament-worthy armies and multiple commons, Syvarris was almost always in my army.
I feel the same about my Marrden Hounds. I've had the game since it came out, and my Hounds became my instant favorites when they weree released--but only recently have I gotten back into the game and cared about competetiveness and tournaments and such. Still, the Houdns make it into my favorite competetive armies, poor rankings or no.

The only thing they're "inconsistant" about with me, is their paint jobs. (I have one squad of perfect paint jobs, and one with midly disappointing ones). Other than that, they're pretty consistant.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old December 12th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
I think Syvarris falls into the will-always-have-a-soft-spot-in-my-heart-for-him kind of figure. Before I knew about meta-gaming and tournament-worthy armies and multiple commons, Syvarris was almost always in my army.
I feel the same about my Marrden Hounds. I've had the game since it came out, and my Hounds became my instant favorites when they weree released--but only recently have I gotten back into the game and cared about competetiveness and tournaments and such. Still, the Houdns make it into my favorite competetive armies, poor rankings or no.

The only thing they're "inconsistant" about with me, is their paint jobs. (I have one squad of perfect paint jobs, and one with midly disappointing ones). Other than that, they're pretty consistant.

I guess if I had to pick a squad that falls into that category with Syvarris and your Hounds, it would have to be the Shaolin Monks.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's that crazy stealth-leaping - excuse me, stealth-precision-leaping - or the "Whaaaahhhh" Bruce Lee noise we make every time we move one of them, but the Monks are that way for me too.

Sorry for the threadjack, just strolling down memory lane was all...

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old December 13th, 2009, 01:14 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

You should check out some of the Unit Strategy Guides as well at this link!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=10693
Old December 14th, 2009, 11:32 AM

91030018 has disabled reputation
Exclamation Re: Effective Armies with 1 RotV and 1 SotM

OMG. Thanks guys- this was helpful- very.
Old December 14th, 2009, 12:18 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
There is so much goodness to choose from. Syvarris is a nice one to think about that hasn't really been mentioned. He's 100 points with double attack and a nice long range.
Yup. In the army i suggested with him, the KMA, RotV Raelin, and the Viking group, I've found it to be more beneficial (in some cases) to apply the bonuses from Finn and Thorgrim's spirit-bonuses to Syvarris instead of the KMA. On height, he's a pretty lethal guy--Range 9, Attack 5 (with Finn's spirit and height) with double attack, Defense 5 (with height and RotV Raelin). For his 100 points, Syvarris can pack a whallop.
Finn's spirit is quite nice, although I don't think Thorgrim is worth it when you consider that you could put keep Raelin nearby. I have never really liked Thorgrim, for the same points you get Raelin who does what you are asking Thorgrim to do except infinitely better.

I actually prefer Thorgrim to Raelin, especially with very mobile units like Sujoah, Cyprien, and the KMA.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old December 14th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Tons of good ideas here. I'll pile on.

I took this to a tourny:

Syvarris
Agent Carr
Krav
Airborne
Izumi Samurai
Tarn Vikings
Raelin (ROTV)

Basically Syvarris and the Krav podded around Raelin while the samurai blocked for them. The Tarn were used for extra blocking against melee heavy armies, and the Airborne were used as snipers. Carr was cleanup/beatstick for anyone that broke through the samurai.

It was fun, and I went 3 - 2 for the day.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old December 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Major Q10 - 150
Raelin RotV - 230
Airborne Elite - 340
Krav Maga Agents - 440
Izumi Samurai - 500

I think this one rocks pretty hard. A hodgepodge of the strongest uniques in the game, and the Izumi as glyph grabbers / blockers / meat shield / awesome samurai flavor.

I like the Airborne Elite in unique hodgepodges because they don't suck up Order Markers. Even if they Drop early, they usually die quickly after they've done their job, so you can focus on the other uniques in the army.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles