Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Notices

Old August 15th, 2020, 10:48 AM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Round 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Round 4 is on Wyrmwalk (Treasure x4)
The Knight of Scape (3-0) v. flameslayer93 (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Rainbow Alliance: Ranjit Singh, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Zetacron, Marro Warriors, Siiv, Isamu
* Makwa Hunting Party: Teeth of the Makwa x5, Makwa Tribesman x1, Raelin (RotV), Kira Jax
* Shadows of Brimstone: Children of the Dark Star x3, Agga-Zemir, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Guilty McCreech
* Go Goblin, Go!: Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x4, Raelin (RotV)
flameslayer93 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Knight of Scape chooses who places first.
Starting now

EDIT: Gobbos pulled off the victory. Jumping out of Raelin's aura and then retreating back is really nice.

Last edited by Knight of Scape; August 15th, 2020 at 12:11 PM.
Old August 15th, 2020, 03:16 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 4 until 8/23

Wumpis and I are underway. I took his 10th/Axentia, playing with the changes to the Phoenix. Wumpis took my Aliens.
Old August 15th, 2020, 05:13 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Map: Wyrmwalk
Glyphs: 4 Treasure (Scarab, Talisman of Defense, Giant Hunter Stone, Bracers of Teleportation)

wumpis - Army: Agga-Zemir, Children of the Dark Star x4, Black Wyrmling x2, Marro Warriors
Son of Arathorn - Army: Axentia (with the new changes), 10th Regiment of Foot x4, Bol, Isamu

Which units survived?
Axentia (after Phoenix Rising) with no wounds, Bol, Isamu, 5 Footmen

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)

wumpis and I each took a couple of order markers getting our front line in order. He spread out his Children across the road outside his start zone, while I positioned Redcoats on elevation outside my start zone and Axentia on lava field, within striking distance of two Treasure Glyph on the north side of the map.

Then he charged with the Children, sending Agga-Zemir slowly towards a treasure glyph with Approaching Doom. I split my order markers 1/3 to Redcoats and 2/X to Axentia. We traded blows, with the Redcoats getting the better of the first melee. I risked burns to hold high ground, but also mixed bayonets in with the rifle shots. wumpis was able to bump off a few Redcoats, but I mostly escaped damage while inflicting significant punishment.

As soon as Agga-Zemir came within striking distance, I swooped in with Axentia, dealing damage to her and A-Z with Immolation, but Agga rolled 3 shields to block a 3-skull attack. As the larger action played out between the Children and Redcoats, the big bird and big squid traded blows from equal ground, neither willing to stay on lava for very long. Agga-Zemir tried Spreading Madness twice on Axentia, but he got the X both times, sending it to Bol. wumpis would have tried it on the Redcoats, but lava damage killed the only one in range so he had no choice but to go with Axentia for a second time.

The Redcoats ground down the meat of wumpis's Children, but Agga and straggling Children were getting the better of Axentia, dealing the final wound and triggering Phoenix Rising. There were only 2 targets, Agga and a Child, but she rolled well, wounding both. That brought Agga to 4 or 5 wounds (I think 5), and now engaged with a full-life Axentia, Agga was pretty much stuck there.

I shifted the balance of Order Markers, pushing them all on the Redcoats. I advanced slowly, picking off the remaining Children and bringing down Agga-Zemir. wumpis countered with the Wyrmlings, killing a pair of Redcoats before they went down too. Then the Marro Warriors came in, walloping my front line.

I had to regroup, bringing up more Redcoats while the Marro secured ideal positions. They traded fire, and the Marro Warriors retreated to the watery start zone. They cloned once, but fell under the combined assault of rifles from high ground and a bayonet or two.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
Axentia couldn't quite pull off assassinating Agga-Zemir, but she tied him down long enough that the Redcoats could deal with the Children without worrying about Spreading Madness. I like the change from 7 to 6 Life, and I like the change to Phoenix Rising too- it's more interesting, and swingier. You can get more damage, but you can also get nothing. Immolation came up 2 or 3 times, wounding Axentia twice and Agga-Zemir once. Phoenix Rising came into play, dealing a wound to Agga and killing a Child (I gotta figure out an acronym or nickname for this unit).

Agga-Zemir struggled in this one- I feel like he needs a tweak, but I couldn't tell you what that is. wumpis suggested adding 1 to his Approaching Doom movement, but I personally don't think that's it. Hard to say. Then again, this was a tough matchup for the Aliens army- Redcoats are so brutal against melee, and they clicked for most of the game with only a couple of hiccups.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
Axentia is feeling good.
Old August 17th, 2020, 06:44 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Infectedsloth and I will be playing our game at 6:30 pm cst tonight.
Old August 18th, 2020, 12:12 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Map: Wyrmwalk
Glyphs: 4 Treasure (Scarab, Talisman of Defense, Giant Hunter Stone, Bracers of Teleportation)

2010 - Army: Children of the Dark Star x4, Agga-Zemir, Airborne Elite
HG - Army: Amberhive Protectors x5, Amberhive Queen, Cyprien Esenwein

Which units survived?
Cyprien 0/6, 2 bees

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)

1st round
Queen and bees move up
Children and agga move up
1st casulty is bee killing themselves to kill a child, then they deal 4 wounds to agga and kill another child
The children kill a bee

Airborne drop between rounds
2nd round
The queen kills an airborne
And the airborne kill a crap ton of bees (around 18, i stopped counting)
Teh queen, picks up heroic rune, kills a child and the bees kill an airborne
An airborne dies to disengage and the last airborne kills a bee
The bees kill the last airborne
the children are blocked

Round 3
The bee queen kills agga, letting the bees and the queen kill some children before om 3 where they get in a wound on the queen and the queen kill another. After this it was pretty much cleanup over several rounds

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
So, funny story, I was tired and forgot some things, mainly surge. I think if I remember right (@heroscaper2010 correct me if I'm wrong), it would have won me an initative but we just decided to play it through. Surge won another initative, Agga was slow to move up and only moved one om. The bees did fine with their stings (I also needed to read that due to the requirement for them being near an insect hero), both suicidal and regular/when they werent dying in mass to airborne grenades, with some rerolls due to the queen.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
I liked the bees. Heroscaper2010 feels different due to playing against/with them so much this tourney though.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old August 18th, 2020, 05:24 PM

Cuzmo_of_Gilead is surprisingly tart

The Cuzmo_of_Gilead (2-1) v. lefton4ya (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Nilfheim to the Max: Greenscale Warriors x3, Nilfheim, Motley Max
* Marcus Rising: Roman Legionnaires x3, Axentia, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Marcu Esenwein
* Hunting Party: Mohican River Tribe x4, Mawka Tribesman x1, Himmelskralle, Raelin (RotV)
* Pesky Swarm: Amberhive Protectors x2, Red Ants of Aunstrom x3, Amberhive Queen, Zetacron, Raelin (SotM)
Cuzmo_of_Gilead chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, lefton4ya chooses who places first.

Match happening tonight at 6:30 Eastern.

Edit: A good game with Lefton4ya. I was able to get the win with some help from Axentia late in the match. We used the new rules, but Axentia was still very powerful in this game. I will post a report tomorrow.

Last edited by Cuzmo_of_Gilead; August 18th, 2020 at 09:55 PM.
Old August 18th, 2020, 10:31 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I got the win over BodaciousBlood to advance to the playtest playoffs. It was all a Cathar show. I opened with Marro Warriors who were very ineffective shooting at shadow-backed Tarn and Izumi. 3 of my Marros fell on R1OM3, to Ranjit-boosted B-11 3v4s, and I just abandoned them and went straight Cathar. I pulled off a pretty good slowroll, since Ranjit gives you some time to work with by telegraphing OMs and requiring them to be spread out. I unleashed the Cathar on R2OM3 on initiative switch and laid into the unique horde. B-11s and Marros were my priority targets, and I was able to find them quickly and limit the Ranjit offense. After that, the squads struggled to throw any attacks at all; it started just to get funny when Ranjit repeatedly failed Diplomatic Subterfuge and the Cathar continued to block. I pulled out the win without ever coming close to needing Motley Max.

Motley Max- not used so not a lot of thoughts. Cathar are good. I don't think Max is really great with Cathar since you don't actually want to pull people into Braced Spear, you want them to take it themselves. He was nice a cleanup insurance though.

Ranjit- Both of my games with this Ranjit build so far have been like this, where the Ranjit build feels like it has a shot at first and then rapidly collapses. Obviously two very stout opponents for this build in the Bugbears and the Cathar though. It definitely needs Rats, you need to protect the pieces behind the screen more than you need +1 attack and move Izumi and Tarn. The OM restriction is so painful when you have no protection for the pieces that have to sleep 66% of the time.
Old August 20th, 2020, 08:02 PM

Cuzmo_of_Gilead is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzmo_of_Gilead View Post
The Cuzmo_of_Gilead (2-1) v. lefton4ya (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Marcus Rising: Roman Legionnaires x3, Axentia, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Marcu Esenwein
* Hunting Party: Mohican River Tribe x4, Mawka Tribesman x1, Himmelskralle, Raelin (RotV)
* Pesky Swarm: Amberhive Protectors x2, Red Ants of Aunstrom x3, Amberhive Queen, Zetacron, Raelin (SotM)
Cuzmo_of_Gilead chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, lefton4ya chooses who places first.

Match happening tonight at 6:30 Eastern.

Edit: A good game with Lefton4ya. I was able to get the win with some help from Axentia late in the match. We used the new rules, but Axentia was still very powerful in this game. I will post a report tomorrow.
I went early with MBS to get some range hits on Raelin, but Himmerskralle came out early and i was able to put 3 wounds on him. I lost MBS and a Lego during onslaught, but lucked out as it could have been worse, and my Legos finished Himmerskralle off. Lefton4ya positioned his Mohicans and was able to get the extra activation with Makwa a few times, but my romans with Marcus were able to start taking down his Mohicans and Makwa. Realin eventually moved up to help the Mohicans, but I moved out Axentia at the end of round 4. That's when things really turned in my favor. I loaded up OMs on Axentia and took out some Mohicans and Raelin by the end of round 5. I believe that immolation took out three MRTs and wounded Raelin. I continued to use Axentia and took out the remaining MRTs. Axentia was the MVP in this one. I was able to do some damage with my roman army and then had a full health Axentia for the late game, and it was key to my win.

Makwa Tribesman - I think great bear worked twice and the total number was something like 2/4. As a single unit, it was not too effective, but did get some activation with the MRT's ability. I would like it more as multiples in an army, but I do think that the change to 2 attack was fine, as it does also have the powerful bear ability.

Axentia - Even with the new changes, Axentia dominated. Immolation was on fire 5/11 and took out three MRTs, wounded Raelin, and took one wound itself. Phoenix Rising took out one MRT too, and the new change I think makes it a bit more fair. The life change to 6 seems like a good change, as the figure is still strong after rising, as the attack is high with the new six life.

Good game overall. I had Axentia with 4 wounds after rising, marcus with 2 wounds, Marcu with no wounds (not activated) and 3 Legos left.
Old August 20th, 2020, 10:54 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Not much else to report other than what Vegie said. I had a pretty good screen built from Izumi and Tarn. When his MW’s went down in Round 1, I was feeling good. Then, a painful initiative switch and good positioning and slow rolling from Vegie allowed the Cathar to strike down my offensive figures.

Good things about Ranjit:

Ranged Unique squads are tremendously benefitted by his Lion of Punjab ability. The MW’s and B-11’s are a prime example. I think Nakitas would fair similarly well.
Rygarn adds really fun and much needed flexibility in this army.

Bad things about Ranjit: without a strong screen, your army will collapse in only a few turns. OM intensive units like heroes and Krav will not be a good fit with Ranjit. I failed 2 or 3 diplomatic subterfuge rolls and succeeded in 0. That just comes down to dice. I think that ability is cool.

Ranjit is such a fun design/concept but he is a niche character that I can’t see being viable in many tournaments.
Old August 25th, 2020, 12:07 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 4 until 8/24

Thanks to everyone who participated. You input has been more valuable than you can know moving along development of these units!

Congrats to the playoff entrants! Good luck

@infectedsloth
@Sir Heroscape
@vegietarian18
@Cuzmo_of_Gilead
@dok
@AgentWard
@Knight of Scape
@Captain Stupendous

Optional Figure Modifications for Playoffs

If you and your opponent BOTH agree to play with these change, please do so to maximize output. Completely at both players discretion.
Spoiler Alert!

The Quarterfinals are on Drider (Lodin, Dagmar, Treasure x1).

The infectedsloth (4-0) v. AgentWard (3-1) pool of armies is:
* : Knights of Weston x3, Sir Gilbert, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Makwa Tribesman x1
* : Red Ants of Aunstrom x5, Amberhive Queen, Axentia
* The Outsiders Strike Back: Children of the Dark Star x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Agga-Zemir, Eldgrim
* Agressive Negotiation: deathknights of Valkrill x2, Ranjit Singh, Boreos, Krav Maga Agents, Marcu Esenwein
infectedsloth chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, AgentWard chooses who places first.

The Knight of Scape (4-0) v. Captain Stupendous (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Rainbow Alliance: Ranjit Singh, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Zetacron, Marro Warriors, Siiv, Isamu
* Makwa Hunting Party: Teeth of the Makwa x5, Makwa Tribesman x1, Raelin (RotV), Kira Jax
* Ranjit's Rowdy Crew: Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga Agents, Arktos, Varkanaan Swiftfangs, Zettian Guards, Isamu
* A Painful Exspearience: 12th Cacusus Rifles x3, Cathar Spearmen x2, Motley Max, Guilty McCreech
Captain Stupendous chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Knight of Scape chooses who places first.

The Sir Heroscape (3-1) v. vegietarian18 (3-1) pool of armies is:
* The Noble and Great Ones: Knights of Weston x3, Axentia, Thorgrim, Eldgrim
* Doomsday: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors
* Two Rs Make A Unique Squad Based Army: Ranjit Singh, Rygarn, B-11 Resistance Fighters, Izumi Samurai, Marro Warriors, Tarn Viking Warriors
* Kaemon Raelin Bugs: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Kaemon Awa, Raelin (RotV)
vegietarian18 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Sir Heroscape chooses who places first.

The Cuzmo_of_Gilead (3-1) v. dok (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Majaratpodge: deathreavers x3, Ranjit Singh, Syvarris, Rygarn, Marro Warriors
* A Burning Sensation: Xualtiaca Fire Ants x5, Axentia, Siiv
Cuzmo_of_Gilead chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, dok chooses who places first.

Last edited by kevindola; August 25th, 2020 at 02:16 PM.
Old August 30th, 2020, 01:41 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Quarterfinals until 9/6

Nilf OP, pls nerf. Maybe 200 points, or less defense.

We played Cuzmo's armies against each other, and Nilfheim just kind of wrecked shop. Really good map for him, not much else to say really.

Axentia still seems good, but the new Phoenix Rising feels overcomplex to me. It ended up being worse for Cuzmo because he missed two rolls on Greenscales, but generally speaking it's just jacking up the variance and matchup sensitivity. In the right situation a Axentia explosion is utterly devastating. The old autowounds on adjacent figures was fine.

I never activated Motley Max.
Old September 1st, 2020, 01:25 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Quarterfinals until 9/6

We're scheduled for tomorrow at 8pm Mountain/9pm Central

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting