Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Notices

Old December 7th, 2006, 05:04 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
League City. Not far from sweetcurse or Finrod. I don't mind hour long drives but I probably won't venture further.

bing ding ding DING SouthSide....

Old December 7th, 2006, 05:17 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
IDK where i'ma live yet, but i'll definately help keep track of standings if you want. I already keep track of all the standings of the raleigh scapers.
Old December 7th, 2006, 05:31 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sounds good. We have to work out a system to rank players then, any ideas?

One idea I had was to assign a rank based on a player's difference between wins and losses. This to somewhat keep a balance between those who can make it to all the gatherings and those who can't.

So say one player has played 6 games, won three and lost three, the difference would be 0. And say another person has played 4 games, won two and lost two, his ranking would be the same of 0. These two would be considered of equal skill level and ranked on the same tier.

It's just one idea if you all don't like it I won't be offended.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old December 7th, 2006, 05:34 PM

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse

One idea I had was to assign a rank based on a player's difference between wins and losses. This to somewhat keep a balance between those who can make it to all the gatherings and those who can't.

So say one player has played 6 games, won three and lost three, the difference would be 0. And say another person has played 4 games, won two and lost two, his ranking would be the same of 0. These two would be considered of equal skill level and ranked on the same tier.

I have a system that takes into account win and loss percentage as well as number of games played. If they have played more games, they will obviously get a little higher ranking, but if another player has played like half as many, but won twice as many of them, it evens out.

check out this excel sheet. Ignore mine (at the top, with the most games b/c i've played in like 90% of all the games which were kept track of)

Like notice the difference between Will and JT. One has like 33% more games, but is about 15% less value because of the win percentage offset.

I could easily tweak this to give more meaning to the win percentage and less meaning to the number of games if you'd like
Old December 7th, 2006, 05:48 PM

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
Quote:

I have a system that takes into account win and loss percentage as well as number of games played. If they have played more games, they will obviously get a little higher ranking, but if another player has played like half as many, but won twice as many of them, it evens out.

check out this excel sheet. Ignore mine (at the top, with the most games b/c i've played in like 90% of all the games which were kept track of)

Like notice the difference between Will and JT. One has like 33% more games, but is about 15% less value because of the win percentage offset.

I could easily tweak this to give more meaning to the win percentage and less meaning to the number of games if you'd like
Perfect! My idea evolved 65 million years. Thanks, I'm a caveman now.

uh,uh,uh,aaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (primitive rage)

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old December 7th, 2006, 05:55 PM

Quote:

Perfect! My idea evolved 65 million years. Thanks, I'm a caveman now.

uh,uh,uh,aaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (primitive rage)
lol, I'm glad you like it. Let me know if you think anything should be change, I have no qualms about editing the formulas.

FYI: the reason why the wins and losses are not whole numbers is because some games are given higher amounts (like if you are on the 2 person team in a 3v2, you get 3/2 wins for winning, or 2/3 of a loss for losing). FFA's, etc are ranked in a similar manner, the winner gets more than one win, but the losers get less than 1 loss.
Old December 7th, 2006, 06:07 PM

Interesting. My cavebrain is still wrapping around this one...hehehehe.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old December 7th, 2006, 06:08 PM

Hipefully we won't play Corey.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old December 7th, 2006, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Hipefully we won't play Corey.
Just play me 1v1, i'm currently 20% wins in those games. For some reason I only do well when I have a partner.
Old December 8th, 2006, 12:27 AM

ricksta2232 is surprisingly tart
For ranking, I personally liked looking at the way we do tournaments according to what I read in the tournament organizer thread.

I would say, that scoring a match would be something your points remaining (and if you have a fractional squad, like one izumi samurai, he's only worth 20, and not the full value of 60 from the card) + however many points of the opponets points that you killed, and round to whole numbers.

Your average score would be a huge guage to your strategical ability, and when we do something like a playoff situation, would help with seeding very well, regardless of how many or few games you've played, or matches that you've won and lost. Or even doing something like, win-loss record/percentage, and average points scored for tiebreaking.

For the 16th, I was thinking that we could do a double elimination tournament, and once a person loses twice, the losers can set up games and just have fun after that (I am sure I'll be in that group).

I can also keep these records quite well, sound off to me about this idea.

Also, I have two master sets, two castles, one tundra, one road, and one lava pack. (My collection has grown incredibly fast, only two months ago, all my stuff fit in a very small box, and my figures fit in a box the size of a woman's purse, that's since changed as well). I will bring my stuff and set my land out on tables.

Where are we RSVPing, and who all will be there for sure, let's start putting together that list...

Houston, December 16th RSVP list
1. Ricksta2232
2. Ricksta2232's girlfriend (at least for a little while)
3. Sweetcurse

...the saga continues...
Old December 8th, 2006, 01:01 AM

point system

Also, in theory, since you get points for destroying opponents figures, one would be less inclined to just run, and they would be more likely to charge and attack weaker figures.

Also, I would say each player develops 4 400 point armies, and just before the match, each players looks at each other's army sheet for the day, and selects their own army from their own sheet with a turn marker.

When I have the sheet fully generated in Excel, I'll be glad to share. I'm working on it after I finish my homework.
Old December 8th, 2006, 03:21 AM

The more I think about this, the more it seems to make sense. In a points scored scenario, any newcomer could come into any gameday, play in the featured double elimination bracket of the month, and be ranked the next time they come if they ever return.

For the 16th, as we are gaging interest, that's what I am leaning towards.

Should we also say, for any games to be ranked, 8 people must rsvp for the gameday/tournament?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers