Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 24th, 2010, 09:43 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Upcoming Eastern PA / MD / NJ Events

I've added a list to the first post with info on currently scheduled or tentatively scheduled events so that we can make sure we're not stepping on top of each other when planning future events.
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:26 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Upcoming Eastern PA Events - Mar / Apr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
I'm working on an event at Games Keep in West Chester, PA, tentatively scheduled for July 17. The owner is definitely interested in having us as he has several regulars who have been asking for an event for some time. I have to believe they aren't connected with heroscapers - I can't think of anyone else who's a regular there. We could alternately have the first Saturday in Aug if that's a better weekend.
AWESOMESAUCE! I haven't been out to the Games Keep since he moved to the new location. I will do my best to be there and will help in any way that I can. The only reason I can see not to have the event the first weekend in August is that it would conflict with GenCon. That probably won't affect most people though.
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:34 PM

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
AWESOMESAUCE! I haven't been out to the Games Keep since he moved to the new location. I will do my best to be there and will help in any way that I can. The only reason I can see not to have the event the first weekend in August is that it would conflict with GenCon. That probably won't affect most people though.
It's a great location. The new store has about twice as much room as his old place and the lighting is better too. He's expanded his stock and play area both - we should be able to fit 20 or so with no problem.

Good catch on Gencon - I prefer the July date anyway. You know, we have enough people organizing at this point to have an event every month and nobody would have to do more than two a year. That's actually pretty exciting.
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:45 PM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
It's a great location. The new store has about twice as much room as his old place and the lighting is better too. He's expanded his stock and play area both - we should be able to fit 20 or so with no problem.

Good catch on Gencon - I prefer the July date anyway. You know, we have enough people organizing at this point to have an event every month and nobody would have to do more than two a year. That's actually pretty exciting.
I am glad that I am able to step up and run a tournament of my own, but it is even better to see so many other "local" players doing so as well. I am very glad to see a strong Scaping community in our area and I hope it continues.
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Oh that's sweet... I've been wanting to hold a tourney in NJ for years, but could never find a decent location: the four FLGS nearest to me were all initially against HS because of the Hasbro/Big Box Stores pricing issue, but are NOT conducive anyway having very limited space, poor lighting and a schedule filled with Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Magic, etc. events. Now I'm hearing that Josh (DragonSlayer2) has access to an almost perfect site in Millville, if he can get enough other players to commit to show up.

Quote:
That is a FANTASTIC IDEA... a semi-annual round-robin rotation with accumulating point totals for positional standings. We definitely don't want to see any more of our friends come down with a bad (or even mild) case of SpidySox's Tourny-Burny (burnout!).

Coming up with trophies, prizes, and entry fees every time we get together is just adding to the cost of transportation to get there. I'd prefer just more casual Game Days at minimal co$t (i.e. I can set up two tables and four maps to host up to EIGHT players in my house almost ANY weekend at least once a month.

OBTW: That July 17th date is the weekend AFTER HistoriCon in Lancaster, PA ...so that won't interfer with the schedule of any of the serious War Gaming Grognards among us. Check out: http://www.historicon.com to see how they did (and still do) skirmish battles in the Old School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
I am glad that I am able to step up and run a tournament of my own, but it is even better to see so many other "local" players doing so as well. I am very glad to see a strong Scaping community in our area and I hope it continues.
Yes indeed. Thanks to the efforts of the Eastern_PA guys, I think we've become sufficiently familiar with one another to have established a core group of dependable regulars that probably stretches in a 200 mile radius from Phili, including: 1/2 of PA, NJ, MD, DE, DC, and 1/4 of NY. Now that we've bonded, we just need to stay connected (haha!). Let's try.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Wow.....maybe I should get in on some of this stuff. Sounds like it could be fun. I do like the idea of switching between locations.

Also, the idea of accumilating points over a set of tournaments would be interesting. However, like John said paying a fee each time could get rough.....maybe a small donation/fee each time...so at the end of the events you should be able to have a good sum added up for prizes. (just an idea) or have different people contribute by doing different things....like player1 builds one trophy, player2 builds another, player3 brings prize x.

As for a location if anyone ever wanted to use mine....I can get it at just about any time as long as my friend isnt using it.

PS: I can get a HS "tournament package" that is discounted below normal price....which could help us with prizes....to a point.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old April 11th, 2010, 03:47 PM

Anyone heard from VitM? Looks like he hasn't posted anything for over a month now.
Old April 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Anyone heard from VitM? Looks like he hasn't posted anything for over a month now.
No I haven't. I sent him a pm about a week ago asking if he was still planning on running an event in May. He has not responded.

If nothing is heard from him by the time of Tom's event, I'm going to pick up the mantel for the group and run an event in May. Provided, of course, that I can find a suitable venue.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old April 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM

Thanks for picking up the torch.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to clancampbell again.
Old April 11th, 2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks for picking up the torch.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to clancampbell again.
I got him for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
No I haven't. I sent him a pm about a week ago asking if he was still planning on running an event in May. He has not responded.

If nothing is heard from him by the time of Tom's event, I'm going to pick up the mantel for the group and run an event in May. Provided, of course, that I can find a suitable venue.
Glad to hear that a May event is going to happen. I thought the library was a great place to get together. Maybe we could have used a bigger room, but we made it work.
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Well, my place for the most part is always open if you guys dont mind the 45-1hr drive. I just need a heads up to make sure its empty that weekend....and I can be there.

DragonSlayer2
~my helping contribution

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
Well, my place for the most part is always open if you guys dont mind the 45-1hr drive. I just need a heads up to make sure its empty that weekend....and I can be there.

DragonSlayer2
~my helping contribution
Pick a day and I'll more than likely be there . Doesn't even need to be a tournament for me to show up. Man, I am such an addict.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events