Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 5th, 2019, 11:57 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Kolakoski’s Pre-SoV Custom Corner

Well met!

Herein are presented my ideas for SoV . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; August 5th, 2019 at 06:12 PM.
Old August 5th, 2019, 06:19 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Kolakoski’s Pre-SoV Custom Corner

Well met!

K.I.S.S. To myself. So . . .

To begin: An idea for Pathfinder’s Baphomet Cultist. Reach, Stealth Leap, and Whirlwind Assault; Life 4, Move 6, Attack 3, Defense 3. Points? Viability for SoV?
Old August 5th, 2019, 10:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Glad you got a customs thread started, kolakoski. I went ahead and moved it to the Custom Units and Army Cards forum.
Old August 6th, 2019, 11:59 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's a quick picture I found of the Baphomet Cultist online for reference:

I can buy Reach for this (or pretty much any other spear wielder), but Whirlwind Assault feels odd to me, especially in tandem with Reach. Looking at the Cathar Spearmen for an example, spears that long should theoretically be unwieldy in extremely close quarters, so it feels like a bit of a stretch to me to say that she gets all the benefits of a long range weapon but can still fight better than most people when they get past her guard.

I would suggest removing Whirlwind Assault, personally, and instead playing on the spear more. Stealth Leap paired with Reach and something like Impale could be interesting (encouraging her to leap a step back to get an extra attack die), although I'm sure that there are more interesting combos out there. I do like the concept of either getting a longer range or multiple melee attacks, but I think that it'd be a hard sell in this case.
Old August 6th, 2019, 05:07 PM

Well met!

I here you. A master Chinese martial artist could wide-sweep/twirl his spear to cover Reach, IMHO. Perhaps some long-tailed, Large/Huge figure might work. With this figure, some sort of Deep Impale Special Attack could work:

Deep Impale Special Attack
Range Special, Attack 4
Choose 2 spaces in a straight line from Master Qiang. All figures in those spaces that are in line of sight are affected by Deep Impale Special Attack. Roll Attack dice for all affected figures. Each figure rolls Defense dice separately. When Master Qiang attacks with Deep Impale Special Attack, he may [reveal an X Marker and] attack one additional time.

Kaemonesque. Or like an extremely short range Deathcommander. Now we can add Stealth Leap and, perhaps, some additional sort of [chi or] defensive power.

I’m thinking revealing the X could represent the use of chi and appear in more than one power - and lower the price for the figure in general.

Last edited by kolakoski; August 6th, 2019 at 05:26 PM.
Old August 6th, 2019, 05:19 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I don’t have the figure, but are you sure that figure looks like a chinese martial artist?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 6th, 2019, 05:48 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Here's a quick picture I found of the Baphomet Cultist online for reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I don’t have the figure, but are you sure that figure looks like a chinese martial artist?
Close enough. Especially the spear.
Old August 8th, 2019, 07:52 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that Reach serves the spear angle more than a Special Attack here. The added height restriction is important to avoiding some weird theme breaks in my perspective, and adding height restrictions to the Special Attack would add a lot of verbiage.

I personally don't really buy the chinese martial artist angle for this sculpt.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 10:03 AM

Well met!

Thanks for the feedback. Apparently the idea of a unit with both Reach and Whirlwind Assault is a nonstarter.

Another idea for which I’d find a sculpt later: a Rogue leader with a power similar to Parmenio’s Disciplined Influence to allow a unit’s Class to be changed to Rogue. Thematically, it makes a lot of sense, but how much it would cost and, especially, if and how to limit it, are open questions.

Old August 24th, 2019, 12:14 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Thanks for the feedback. Apparently the idea of a unit with both Reach and Whirlwind Assault is a nonstarter.
Like others, I like the idea of a unit with both Reach and Whirlwind Assault. I think that captures the martial artist theme you're going for really well, since there are plenty of fight scenes where you see a guy poking long range with a spear until surrounded and he whirls it around him to clear enemies away. Super cool theme, and I'd love to play that on the battlefield.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 22nd, 2019, 11:42 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Turning a Alphallon (Laglor) into a Rogue sounds like an automatic vote for VC purposes.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 12:50 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree that a "Roguish Influence" power would be problematic. Being able to throw already established designs into an already established synergy web seems not right and also pretty tough to make workable: you wouldn't want to give Raelin or Kaemon Awa bonding with the Nottingham Brigands.

I don't think your idea of a unit with both Reach and Whirlwind Assault was a nonstarter! The interactions between the two powers would be very interesting, although it could be a bit boring on a stand-alone hero. Your idea of a martial arts master works: perhaps a beat stick monk hero (although I'm not too familiar with the newest VC monks)? I also thought your briefly mentioned idea of a large/huge monster with a long tail was pretty neat too. Maybe a Clash of the Titans style ancient mythology type monster with a scorpion tail, and a special attack that lets it use a reach attack even when it's engaged.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards