Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 24th, 2014, 06:36 AM

Cat Attack Man is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Dreadgul Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
You always have all of the powers on your army card.

Say I have 2 squads of Heavy Gruts and Ne-Gok-Sa.
My opponent still has Grimnak and Marcu left.
Ne-Gok-Sa mindshackles Grimnak.
The Heavy Gruts gained a hero, and may now bond, even though they could not bond all game. They never lost that special power, it was never negated, and it never disappeared from their army card. They just never got to utilize it, but as soon as they could, they are allowed to.

Okay, but the question is really about the situation should the reverse happen.

Above, the bond has been created because of the mindshackle, so it's pretty clear. But if you reverse the situation, i.e. Ne-Gok-Sa mindshackles Grimnak away from the Heavy Gruts, then I'd say the bond is broken. It's not important in this example because there is no other benefit with their bond, but if you replace Grimnak with Guilty and HGs with the Raiders, then I still think the bond does not exist anymore, so that special power becomes redundant because you no longer meet the criteria.

More than happy to be corrected it's just that that's how I read it.
Old August 24th, 2014, 08:38 AM

teasedbyeldgrim is surprisingly tart

"The bond" isn't permanent. Think of it as a switch. Bonding on = extra turn. Bonding off = extra attack. So, you are right. The bond doesn't exist anymore. That means it is always off, and you always get to add one to your attack value.

Actually if you think of bonding as a switched outlet, we can extend the analogy. We can unplug one hero and plug in another before we turn on bonding. Only certain heroes (wild) have a plug that fits the outlet.
Old August 24th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

"If you do not take a turn with any Human or Giant Hero you control"

This is the text on the card. If you don't have a bonding hero, then you are not taking a turn with "any Human or Giant hero you control", regardless of whether or not you even could take a turn with them.

"add 1 to the Attack value of this card"

This is the following text on the card. The condition of NOT taking a turn with a bonding hero has been met, therefore you "add 1 to the Attack value of this card".
Old August 24th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Attack Man View Post
If Guilty (or other boned hero) dies, do the DRs still get the +1 Attack?
Yes.

Indiana Jones may use his pistol or his whip. If his pistol is at the bottom of a lake, he still has the option of using his whip.

As everyone has said, the heroes come and go but the power remains. You are overthinking it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 9th, 2015, 01:38 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

These figures are pretty tough to find, but do you guys think that extra tarns would make good proxies. I really want to see Big Jo taking over the board with these guys.
Old April 14th, 2015, 01:36 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
WILD STRATEGIC BONDING
Before taking a turn with the Dreadgul Raiders, you may first take a turn with any wild Human or Giant Hero you control. If you do not take a turn with any Human or Giant Hero you control, add 1 to the Attack value of this card.
The highlighted phrase can be interpreted in four different ways depending upon whether the reader assumes that wild and/or Hero "cross the or." To help illustrate, I'll use brackets to show the different parsings:
  1. any [wild Human] or [Giant Hero] you control
  2. any wild [Human or Giant] Hero you control
  3. any wild [Human or Giant Hero] you control
  4. any [wild Human or Giant] Hero you control
Those correspond to the following spelled-out versions:
  1. any wild Human you control or any Giant Hero you control
  2. any wild Human Hero you control or any wild Giant Hero you control
  3. any wild Human you control or any wild Giant Hero you control
  4. any wild Human Hero you control or any Giant Hero you control
Based on the presence of "WILD" in the SP's title and the fact that it would be a bit unusual to take a turn with just one squad figure, it seems that the likely intent is #2. If that's correct, I would recommend recasting to eliminate the ambiguity:
Before taking a turn with the Dreadgul Raiders, you may first take a turn with any Human Hero or Giant Hero you control who has a wild personality. If you do not take a turn with a Human Hero or Giant Hero you control, add 1 to the Attack value of this card.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; April 14th, 2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old April 14th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I always found that wording a little wonky myself, but judging from the synergies list on the OP, I figure that both the Humans and Giant Heroes must be Wild.

Honestly, though, I'm not sure how overpowered it'd be if they could bond with the other Heroscape Giants, but I didn't design them so who knows.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 17th, 2015, 05:24 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
#2 is indeed the correct answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old June 11th, 2017, 12:59 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

At The Uncharted Wellsprings tournament an army containing 2 Frost Giants, and Shurrak with the Dreadgul Raiders was played. It was argued by several that it was a grey area, and the army was allowed to play. While at the tournament, I did check this book, however I did not look through the thread beyond the initial post, assuming that if any clarification needed to be made, it would have been put in the OP.

Please clarify in the OP under Rulings and Clarifications that is it specifically "any wild Human Hero you control or any wild Giant Hero you control", so that this is not an issue in the future. Thank you.

- Leaf_It, who is probably a bit salty because he lost literally every single match at the Uncharted Wellsprings tournament, and came in dead last.
Old June 11th, 2017, 03:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
WILD STRATEGIC BONDING
Before taking a turn with the Dreadgul Raiders, you may first take a turn with any wild Human or Giant Hero you control. If you do not take a turn with any Human or Giant Hero you control, add 1 to the Attack value of this card.
The highlighted phrase can be interpreted in four different ways depending upon whether the reader assumes that wild and/or Hero "cross the or." To help illustrate, I'll use brackets to show the different parsings:
  1. any [wild Human] or [Giant Hero] you control
  2. any wild [Human or Giant] Hero you control
  3. any wild [Human or Giant Hero] you control
  4. any [wild Human or Giant] Hero you control
Those correspond to the following spelled-out versions:
Based on the presence of "WILD" in the SP's title and the fact that it would be a bit unusual to take a turn with just one squad figure, it seems that the likely intent is #2. If that's correct, I would recommend recasting to eliminate the ambiguity:
Before taking a turn with the Dreadgul Raiders, you may first take a turn with any Human Hero or Giant Hero you control who has a wild personality. If you do not take a turn with a Human Hero or Giant Hero you control, add 1 to the Attack value of this card.
Quite honestly my brother whom played the army with the giants at the tournament read the card in how it was worded. Both he and many others had looked at it and thought the same thing that it was a wild human hero or giant hero. It does not say wild giant hero. We also did not browse this entire thread for discussion that somewhat clarified this without the need to make changes suggested by just a bill. There was no ill intent here and quite honestly om not sure how an army could be more powerful with one giant and not another. Jotun has the highest stats of them all. @Leaf_It . I was also surprised at this clarification and how poorly its worded considering what its suppose to be for what it says. is generally the rule I use first.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 11th, 2017, 02:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

One additional question. If the frost giant and shurrak cant bond with the dreadguls. Why not? Theres really no difference bewteen how powerful jotun is compared to shurrak or a frost giant. Matter of fact. Since the beginning of their release we have been allowing them to team up and it seems plenty balanced. So much that even with those combos its not overpowered. Another reason we didnt even look at it before my brother brought it to the tournament. Also. He ranked quite low with the build.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 11th, 2017, 09:51 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Well the bonding was originally/mostly intended for Valguard. Hence wild humans. But adding giants made it a bit more interesting. I'm sure giant and wild human bonding would have been fine, but the wording is less clean, and less like what the original designers would have put out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs