Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old February 7th, 2012, 05:33 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Varkaanan Blade Dancers

Sorry folks, but have to ask it.... Since these formidable ladies are commons.... what's their sweet spot?

<cough>
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

When I think about the builds I would put them in, 4 squads seems like the number that comes up.
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:55 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Great, thanks dok.
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:06 PM

Just got these girls in the mail today. My first time ever seeing a Confrontration mini. The quality blew me away. The bases are gorgeous — don't think I'll even bother rebasing — and I love the larger proportions of the figures. Paint job is stellar, models themselves are highly detailed and imaginative.... Big thumbs up to whoever chose them.

Last edited by Typhon2222; March 3rd, 2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: splelling.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 01:14 PM

Jungle Acolyte is surprisingly tart

I'm with you on the the quality of Confrontation minis, Typhon. Please make more Varkaanan units, so we can use more of those awesome wolfen!
Old March 3rd, 2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Acolyte View Post
I'm with you on the the quality of Confrontation minis, Typhon. Please make more Varkaanan units, so we can use more of those awesome wolfen!
I see you've been a member since October, JA, but haven't posted much, so....
Welcome to the site!
Old March 3rd, 2012, 01:28 PM

Thanks! Nope, I don't post often, but I read a ton. These new customs really have me excited, since they often fill out niches and give new life to some of those poor, abandoned, or clunky-to-use figures in my collection. I'm a fan. I especially love that these ladies are from Grut: finally, a companion race to my nasty li'l orcs.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

It seems like these girls would work best with figures that can take down ranged commons/weaker heroes with ease. Leads us to army builds like this:

Phantom Knights x3
Varkaanan Blade Dancers x2
Raelin 1.0- 80 (tough on whether or not to sub out her for another wolfen squad)
Marro Warriors- 50
500 points, 20 hexes.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 02:29 PM

I love these flippin', smashin', howlin' ladies. Four squads of them plus the eminent Q9 comes to a nice round 500, and I just played against my roommate's unfortunate build:

DW 9000
DW 8000
DW 7000
Krug
Isamu

Yeah, I don't know what he was thinking. Q9 didn't even have to attack once.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Just got these girls in the mail today. My first time ever seeing a Confrontration mini. The quality blew me away. The bases are gorgeous — don't think I'll even bother rebasing — and I love the larger proportions of the figures. Paint job is stellar, models themselves are highly detailed and imaginative.... Big thumbs up to whoever chose them.
A word about Confrontation: I just got my wolfen booster box in the mail today (bought in preparation for the impending release of more wolfen HS customs!), and I have to say that they're not all as well-rendered. I'm going to have to be daubing some more details on most of mine.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 02:46 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
A word about Confrontation: I just got my wolfen booster box in the mail today (bought in preparation for the impending release of more wolfen HS customs!), and I have to say that they're not all as well-rendered. I'm going to have to be daubing some more details on most of mine.
Yes, for whatever reason, the paint jobs on the Wolfen box are much less detailed. Every other Rackham mini I've seen has a much better paint job.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
My fellow players and I love the Blade Dancers, but their hands are attached in a rather fragile way--one came off in shipping, and I think another came off after arrival. The joints are small so they're a little difficult to superglue.

Other than that issue, they're a really great sculpt.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs