Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Capt. John Varan

Quote:
Not adjacent to whomsoever is being attacked
Thanks -- that's what I figured and made the most sense, but wanted to get it confirmed.
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:18 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
When using battle valor special attack are you forced to follow the sequence of move, attack, move, attack; or can you use all of your movement value followed by all of your attacks?
Well, you can always choose not to move during the move part, or not to attack during the attack part, so you could, e.g. do "move, move, move, attack," or you could do "move, attack, attack, attack." But you couldn't "move, move, move, attack, attack, attack," no.

Does that answer the question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:27 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's an example CEE:

Quote:
I moved him three spaces Attacked with 2 dice, then move 0 spaces Attacked with two dice again, and the moved 0 spaces and attacked with 2 dice a third a final time. But the two dice could not penetrate the Phantom Knight's defense.
ZBeeblebrox posted that.

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; September 1st, 2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: My name was misspelled :)
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:29 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
I really like the powers with this unit -- really fits well with the overall Jandar theme.

One question on Purple Heart, though.
Quote:
When a Human you control who follows Jandar and is adjacent to Capt. John Varan receives one or more wounds from an attacking figure who is not adjacent
Not adjacent to who? the Human you control or to Capt. John Varan?
Not adjacent to whomsoever is being attacked (which in this case means the Human you control who follows Jandar and is adjacent to Varan).
So, absurdly, the attacker could be adjacent to Varan and activate Purple Heart. (but only if it's a friendly unit so they're not engaged) The only practical use for this that I can think of is a scenario that starts with a truce.
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:46 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
So, absurdly, the attacker could be adjacent to Varan and activate Purple Heart. (but only if it's a friendly unit so they're not engaged) The only practical use for this that I can think of is a scenario that starts with a truce.
That's an interesting scenario. I don't know what the official rules for a truce are (if there even are any). Is the truce broken as soon as you try to target someone on the team you have a truce with? Which would mean you couldn't shoot them after all. But I don't know how that would work, technically.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V

Last edited by Xotli; August 17th, 2015 at 05:21 AM. Reason: missing word
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:55 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Sorry to ask so many questions, but here are some quick scenarios that are likely to come up:

If you have one or a few lifes left on Capt. Varan and an adjacent figure gets wounded:
  1. Can you use Purple Heart to kill Varan?
  2. If an adjacent figure would take more wounds than Capt. Varan has life left, can you still use purple heart, and if so does the adjacent figure take no wounds or just subtract how many wounds they would get minus how many life Catpt. Varan has left?
  3. Can you split wounds between captain Varan and an adjacent figure with purple heart - i.e. if you got 2 unblocked attacks on a figure, could you take one wound on Varan and one wound on the figure?

If a one life figure adjacent to Varan gets 2 or more unblocked attacks and you use purple heart, does Capt. Varan take only one wound (what the figure would get) or more than one (what the figure deserves)?

Can you use purple heart on any of the following: Evil Eye Defense, aura/ranged auto-wound powers such as Fledgling Acid Breath, Explosion attacks where the person is not the main target?

Last edited by lefton4ya; September 1st, 2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:11 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Sorry to ask so many questions, but here are some quick scenarios that are likely to come up:

If you have one or a few lifes left on Capt. Varan and an adjacent figure gets wounded:
  1. Can you use Purple Heart to kill Varan?
Sure. It's no different from someone attacking Varan directly and rolling more skulls that they need to kill him.

Quote:
  1. If an adjacent figure would take more wounds than Capt. Varan has life left, can you still use purple heart, and if so does the adjacent figure take no wounds or just subtract how many wound they would get minus how many life Catpt. Varan has left?
The adjacent figure never receives any wounds. "All" the wound markers go to Varan, like the card says.

Quote:
  1. Can you split wounds between captain Varan and an adjacent figure with purple heart - i.e. if you got 2 unblocked attacks on a figure, could you take one wound on Varan and one wound on the figure?
Nope, the card says "all" the wounds, so it's all the wounds.

Quote:
If a one life figure adjacent to Varan gets 2 or more unblocked attacks and you use purple heart, does Capt. Varan take only one wound (what the figure would get) or more than one (what the figure deserves)?
If it's multiple wound effects, you have to resolve them separately. The first time the adjacent figure gets one unblocked wound, you can activate Purple Heart and have Varan take the wound. At that point, the adjacent figure is unwounded. Next time said figure takes an unblockable wound, do it all over again.

Quote:
Can you use purple heart on any of the following: Evil Eye Defense, aura/ranged auto-wound powers such as Fledgling Acid Breath, Explosion attacks where the person is not the main target?
I'm a little fuzzy on this one, so I'll let someone else chime in. I think that Fledgling Acid Breath and explosion attacks would be a "yes," since that's still an attacking figure. However, EED (and counterstrike) are not coming from an attacking figure (it's actually a defending figure), so I think that's a "no." But don't quote me on that.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Can you use Purple Heart to kill Varan?
Yep.
Quote:
  • If an adjacent figure would take more wounds than Capt. Varan has life left, can you still use purple heart, and if so does the adjacent figure take no wounds or just subtract how many wounds they would get minus how many life Catpt. Varan has left?
  • Can you split wounds between captain Varan and an adjacent figure with purple heart - i.e. if you got 2 unblocked attacks on a figure, could you take one wound on Varan and one wound on the figure?
All wounds go on Varan, like the power says. I believe that answers both of those questions.

Quote:
Varan takes every unblocked wound.

Quote:
Can you use purple heart on any of the following: Evil Eye Defense, aura/ranged auto-wound powers such as Fledgling Acid Breath
Purple heart refers to attacks, and those are not attacks, so no.

Quote:
Explosion attacks where the person is not the main target?
Those are attacks, so yes.

Last edited by dok; September 1st, 2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Xotli ninja, more or less.
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:12 PM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

Love the theme. Capt John Varan puts the "Hero" in Heroscape.

I just want to make sure I'm interpreting his card correctly. If Capt JV has 4 wounds he can move up to 15 spaces in a turn, is that right? Thanks.

Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar keep on giving.
I recommend everyone try Darth Vader's Massivescape suggestions.
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:14 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Can you use purple heart on any of the following: Evil Eye Defense, aura/ranged auto-wound powers such as Fledgling Acid Breath
Purple heart refers to attacks, and those are not attacks, so no.
Well, technically it refers to wounds from an attacking figure. But you're right that Fledgling Acid Breath is not an attack, so I guess that means the Black Wyrmling is not an attacking figure. So probably it doesn't make any practical difference.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:16 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkurtb View Post
I just want to make sure I'm interpreting his card correctly. If Capt JV has 4 wounds he can move up to 15 spaces in a turn, is that right? Thanks.
Yes. Although the scenarios where you would actually get to do that are going to be pretty rare, I'd imagine.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:22 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkurtb View Post
Love the theme. Capt John Varan puts the "Hero" in Heroscape.

Yes that is correct. Capt. Varan used Battle Valor to move three spaces and attack; andthen he can take four more uses of Battle Valor (one for each wound) thus may move up to 15 spaces.

When he is almost dead he is the most dangerous because of his Valorous persona.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs