Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old June 23rd, 2019, 01:16 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

What really kinda stinks about the whole tabletop gaming is having to teach the games just about any time I get to play them. My brothers havent been out to game for quite some time except my one brother to play legion 2 times in the last 3 months. The people I usually play with just dont have the time to play anything. That just leaves any free time for me to paint more models. I had thought about printing some more different types of legion terrain but I have enough to fill 3 or 4 full size tables for just that type of game. We have tried to play legion on more crowded tables and it just takes longer from the heavy cover everywhere. The weather is good enough for more priming today so I may spend an hour or so priming my massive darkness and zombicide models. I generally like the spray primer to cure for a bit before trying to slap more paint on top of it. Not sure if you know this but the zombicide fantasy kickstarters come with so many survivors that they easily double for warbands in fantasy settings or pcs in dnd and such. I have a ton of them to paint. Ill have to play those solo as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 23rd, 2019, 02:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I agree, it is a pain to have to teach the game every time. Sadly, some people are more the type that may play once in awhile, but don't want to invest even the little time it takes to read the rules. That's why I'm leaning more to the solo and co-op games that I don't have to worry about other people or can teach along the way for a co-op game.

Though yesterday when playing a couple ganes with my friend Brian and his wife, I got there at 10am and we finished 2 games at 4. He had to teach us both The 7th Continent which is a coop adventure and exploring game, and also https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...acan-city-gods. Which I can't pronounce

So even 2 board games took 6 hours. Of course, that would be a little more than it takes us to setup and play Legion. But a tabletop miniatures game is much more satisfying to me for the time invested. I just love them and time just goes right on by.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 23rd, 2019, 06:35 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Yeah. I find that there are more people wanting to try the games but dont want to invest in them enough to learn them, get them down, and play again. Then its always the same after when they say it took too long to play. When in reality, 2 invested players can bang out a game in half the time frame. Ill still hammer away at it because it is a fun hobby.

Old June 27th, 2019, 07:11 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I painted and added ground cover to some fence pieces I got at Adepticon in March. I also painted a vulture to use in Rangers of Shadow Deep.

Old June 27th, 2019, 10:41 AM
"like" happy

That fence looks like it could be used for fantasy and post apoc games like walking dead. Speaking of walking dead, I cant wait to see what the differences are for call to arms. They said there wont be a threat tracker amongst other changes but are dragging out letting everyone know. Probably trying to build hype. I just want to know so I can decide if I want it it or not.

Old June 27th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, the fence can be used for several games, and that's what I try to look for with terrain whenever possible.

I don't know anything about Call to Arms for The Walking Dead. I won't be getting it regardless, as I am starting to cull some of my gaming collection. I'm getting rid of my Rumbleslam stuff, Infinity stuff and Guild Ball. Some terrain kits I haven't had time to mess with I'm selling to my buddy Chris. I cancelled some preorders for Legion as well, so the downed AT-ST, Bossak and Sabine will be the last Legion models I'll be getting.

Old June 27th, 2019, 11:06 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yeah, the fence can be used for several games, and that's what I try to look for with terrain whenever possible.

I don't know anything about Call to Arms for The Walking Dead. I won't be getting it regardless, as I am starting to cull some of my gaming collection. I'm getting rid of my Rumbleslam stuff, Infinity stuff and Guild Ball. Some terrain kits I haven't had time to mess with I'm selling to my buddy Chris. I cancelled some preorders for Legion as well, so the downed AT-ST, Bossak and Sabine will be the last Legion models I'll be getting.
I hear you. If all the massive darkness, zombicide fantasy, zombicide modern werent able to be single playered Id probably get rid of them. Im pretty much done building/painting terrain(unless some epic 3d print comes along that I have to print) The walking dead call to arms is supposed to reuse the all out war models so if its just a rulebook or so I might get it to use with my previous models. As much as I like fallout I dont think Ill expand the core box I have unless it becomes a massive hit with all the people I dont ever play with. I may continue to pick up legion models but just little by little. I think Ill work mainly on mybacklog of minis to paint. Ive debated getting rid of my unplayed rising sun kickstarter. Sometimes its all a bit much. Guess neither of us has to worry about being hoarders.

Old July 8th, 2019, 05:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

I finished a Templar for Rangers of Shadow Deep and Frostgrave.

Old July 9th, 2019, 11:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

A knight for use in Rangers of Shadow Deep or Frostgrave.

Old July 10th, 2019, 04:18 AM
"like" happy

These look pretty awesome Hahma. I really love the detail put into every mini you paint. I havent got to really touch any minis with the brush for a few weeks now. I had primed so many but hadnt got to paint any new ones so I figured Id get back on the horse and paint some more. I ended up getting another squad of storm troopers done tonight from my 3rd/4th core boxes. It was the 5th squad of stormies I have painted and wanted to change it up a little. I still wanted to keep them canon looking so I went with shocktrooper red and white paint jobs. They turned out great. I may end up painting 1 more squad that way, maybe 2 more but probably keep the rest regular stormtrooper schemed. 2-3 squads out of 8 should be good. Also got bossk in the mail today as well. I figure Ill aim to get at least 2 units of troops done per week would be an exceptable rate of progress.

Old July 10th, 2019, 09:21 AM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
My group has been looking for a Zombie Miniatures game that's fun to play, has campaign rules, and allows player to create their characters. We've toyed around with adding campaign rules to the previous Mantic Walking Dead ruleset, but my group hasn't bought into the rule system entirely.

I've also been purging my collection (just sold another batch of stuff for $500). While some games had their moment in the sun, the collection was starting to stress me out (gotta store it, not played enough, just sits there)

My group is down to playing SuperHeroscape (Hellfire house rules), Star Wars Legion and X-Wing (2nd), Dungeon and Dragons Scape (again, Hellfire house rules), with occasional board games. I've run some Imperial Assault tournaments and my group enjoys that game, but they were disappointed by FFG's announcement that nothing new is coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
A knight for use in Rangers of Shadow Deep or Frostgrave.
The knight looks great; I've heard good things about Rangers of Shadow Deep.

I have Song of Ice and Fire miniatures, Hate, Batman Gotham City Chronicles on the paint table and need to start painting Bones 4 and Mythic Battles after that. Almost all these minis will get converted rules to games we're playing.
Old July 10th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
These look pretty awesome Hahma. I really love the detail put into every mini you paint. I havent got to really touch any minis with the brush for a few weeks now. I had primed so many but hadnt got to paint any new ones so I figured Id get back on the horse and paint some more. I ended up getting another squad of storm troopers done tonight from my 3rd/4th core boxes. It was the 5th squad of stormies I have painted and wanted to change it up a little. I still wanted to keep them canon looking so I went with shocktrooper red and white paint jobs. They turned out great. I may end up painting 1 more squad that way, maybe 2 more but probably keep the rest regular stormtrooper schemed. 2-3 squads out of 8 should be good. Also got bossk in the mail today as well. I figure Ill aim to get at least 2 units of troops done per week would be an exceptable rate of progress.
Thanks Trex. I have to start picking and choosing which minis I put so much detail into, as it adds more time. I'm currently repainting a DnD scape mini (orc priest or something holding a staff with dragon head on top). I am going to hold back on overly details, as he's just going to be used as a Gnoll shaman for Rangers of Shadow Deep. I don't have Gnoll figures and don't want to buy and paint a bunch, so I'm going to use Heroscape orcs as Gnoll soldiers, orc archers as Gnoll archers, the heavy orcs as Gnoll sergeants and this orc priest as a Gnoll shaman.

I played through the first 2 scenarios of Rangers on July 5th with my buddy Brian. We each have different ranger builds, and different companions as well. It's fun. A lot of similarities to Frostgrave but different as well in a lot of ways.

Sounds like you have a good plan for your stormtroopers. Man you have a lot of them I think having a few with a different color scheme is a good idea.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures