Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 18th, 2015, 09:49 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
As far as what I watched last night, I did what I like doing every now and then which is watching multiple versions of the same movie scene-by-scene for comparison. Yesterday I watched about half of 3 different movies based off Jane Austin's Emma: one with Gwyneth Paltrow, one with Kate Beckinsale, and newer BBC one with Romola Garai. I like Romola Garai as the best Emma, but some of the other actors are better in others. It is also interesting comparing directing, editing, and even costuming as the newer BBC one so so much more modern in all respects, but sometimes I like the older style.
That's interesting. Pride and Prejudice is my wife's favorite book, and we've seen at least 3 different interpretations of it. Never thought about watching it quite that way.
Old November 18th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Have you thought about watching it with zombies? I have.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2015, 12:15 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I wouldn't mind, but my wife doesn't like horror.
Old November 19th, 2015, 01:19 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I didn't think Spectre was terrible. It was just basically a combination of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation and Captain America: Winter soldier. The only problem is that both of those movies are much better than Spectre.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 19th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Spectre would have been good at an hour and a half instead of two and a half.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 19th, 2015, 08:18 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I watched Chaos on the Bridge last night - a documentary on the genesis and execution of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I grew up watching reruns of the original series while hanging out with my dad at the local VFW post, but TNG will always be my fave. The film was hosted and directed by Shatner and had interviews with many of the TNG cast and crew. Lots of fun!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 21st, 2015, 04:00 AM
Quest Quitter

Watched Warm Bodies again. My daughter's boyfriend was over and hadn't seen it yet.
Old November 21st, 2015, 10:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

The wife and I watched the 1st Hunger Games movie with our 12 year-old twin girls. They were kind of young for it when it came out, but now with the 4th one be advertised, they wanted to watch it. The main problem we had with them watching it before was the kids killing each other. But while sad, they were fine and ready for the next ones.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 22nd, 2015, 10:55 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

They are probably still too young for Battle Royale.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 22nd, 2015, 12:56 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
They are probably still too young for Battle Royale.
Ah...yep

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 27th, 2015, 12:22 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

For the past three of four months I've been checking the new movies on DVD section of whatever store I happen to be shopping in. Yeah, I look at the $5.oo classics, but seldom buy any since I've been anxiously awaiting a certain new release.

Yesterday, I was in a local Walmart inwardly laughing at the tons of stuff (entire pallets) wrapped in clear plastic cellophane and designated "Not for sale until Black Friday." I usually avoid the chaos at the malls the days after Thanksgiving with the justification that I'm not that desperate to save a few dollars, especially because I don't spend that much money at stores any way.

But while walking past all the huge, flat screen TV's and new video games devices, there it was. The one movie that I've been waiting for, and I had to buy it immediately. Then I didn't get home until almost midnight. Today was fill with family activities and a tremendous amount of delicious food and much busy-ness until my wife and I left our in-laws at 8 pm to unwind and relax at our own place a mile away.

Finally, I had an opportunity unwrap my package and shove the disks into my VCR to sit back and thoroughly enjoy the Special Extended Edition (with twenty extra minutes of film footage) of Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies."

It was *AWESOME* and worth the wait and $20.oo that it cost me. Now I'm hoping for a blizzard this weekend, so that I'll have an excuse to hunker down and watch the entire extended edition of "The Hobbit" trilogy again. It's not likely, but I can't think of a better way to spend a whole day.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; November 27th, 2015 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Edit: emboldened movie title
Old November 27th, 2015, 06:49 AM

chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death!

JohnGee,

Now that's a lot of Scots accents to listen to...congratulations, laddie!

I have the first "extended" versions of the older original LOTR Trilogy. But I've only managed to watch all three movies themselves in sequence once, not the SEVERAL DIFFERENT versions with different "guests" on each of their commentaries for each film. Now I watch entire long series, sometimes with commentaries (I just saw 60 hours of Avatar The Last Airbender, adding additional screenings of all the 20 minute episodes that did have commentaries as I went along), but watching the entire LOTR trilogy multiple times just for the commentaries has so far been beyond me, I will admit!

Well, I'm off to read the three entire comic series of ATLA I got from Barnes & Noble at great discounts, as my own Thanksgiving Weekend binge out...(see my seperate threat on this series in the online TV section).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies