Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 16th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Sujoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
That is an interesting observation. I tried this out just now with Q9 and could not get an angle where I would clearly see anything on the other side of the wing. Maybe if a lazer could hit a target on the other side without refracting to much?
Thanks Obsidian.

You really have to think about line of sight in two ways.

1. A pistol/arrow cannot pass through a wing. However, you'd be able to see the person behind the wing, and therfore jump, or scoot to the side so you would be able to see them.

2. The other reason why we have to check for line of sight is because if a spider is hiding behind a tree, you could scoot over so you could see it, but the archer/gunman wouldn't even know the spider was there.

Honestly, I'm still not clear about it, but my gaming group would probably allow it.
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:09 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

Now that we got a few more Aquilla, here is my idea for an all Aquilla army with Sujoah at 500 points
Sujoah
Migol
Axe x3 or Axe x2 and spiders x2
505 or 515

or

Sujoah
spiders x3
Brave Arrow
Tribe x2
points 495 (this is a popular build)

What do you guys think?

Last edited by wolfeman1968; August 17th, 2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:13 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

It's not all Aquilla, but it is a powerful build:

Sujoah 185
Spiders x2
Brave Arrow 50
Mohicans x2 140
Mittens 120
plus 20 points of filler for a fast moving 600 point army

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

The only advice I can offer is that specific wings seem to only fit into specific slots.

Old March 9th, 2010, 09:39 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Well, is the tab bent? You could try the hot water to cold water trick.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:57 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like to go with two squads for Sujoah.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 11:29 PM

N/A is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Sujoah is one of my most favorite heroes in the game. I've tried bonding him with spiders and I'm honestly not a fan, I like to use Sujoah's speed, flying, and high life, as more of a hero assassin. He's especially viscious against most of the Vydar heroes, their life is usually low, and after the minimum required 1 damage from sting the poison can drag them down all at once if you're lucky.
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:17 PM

SPECTER has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A View Post
Sujoah is one of my most favorite heroes in the game. I've tried bonding him with spiders and I'm honestly not a fan, I like to use Sujoah's speed, flying, and high life, as more of a hero assassin. He's especially viscious against most of the Vydar heroes, their life is usually low, and after the minimum required 1 damage from sting the poison can drag them down all at once if you're lucky.
After a few games, he is quickly becoming a favorite of mine as well. His special attack is one of the better (or at least more reliable) d20 abilities in my opinion. Last night a friend and I tried a new idea I dubbed "team doubles." The conditions were to pick two heroes that equaled a total value of within 10 points of each other. I chose Sujoah and Atlaga (275). My opponent fielded Charos and James Murphy (285). I activated Atlaga early in the match to draw out James Murphy, only to send Sujoah in for an attempt at Poison Sting. The initial attack was four skulls to one shield, promptly followed by two successful poison rolls for the kill. Charos wasted no time engaging Sujoah and laying on two wounds. Atlaga took up an order marker with a failed attempt at Bolt of the Witherwood and an unsuccessful ranged attack. Charos deals one more damage to Sujoah, who responds with another Poison Sting. One wound is dealt in the initial attack and a 20 is rolled for poison, immediately slaying the dragon king.

In short, the ability is one I feel under credited. As a special attack it bypasses some other good abilities and has the chance to inflict multiple damage or instant death on ANY other character.

"That which is above is as that which is below"
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Ninja Dust

i dont think Sujoah is a good figure. the bug is just too much points for horrible attack and defense
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:21 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dust View Post
i dont think Sujoah is a good figure. the bug is just too much points for horrible attack and defense
Lethal Sting is actually quite effective, but I agree; Sujoah is what I would coin a "Shiroi"-type figure; one who isn't horrible but doesn't serve any single strong purpose in the game, and much better Units could be purchased for the same or slightly more points.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:24 PM

Juniour is surprisingly tart

I don't know, 4 and 4 with 8 move is really good to fly across the map and do some damage. Sure Sujoah is expensive, but he can still do damage to low life or low defense heroes quickly.

And when it comes to using Sujoah with the spiders, I just don't love the idea. Spiders can't keeps up with Sujoah because they can't fly, and they don't benefit Sujoah in any way, so once Sujoah is gone the spiders are just a waste of points. The only time I would use spiders and Sujoah are when I have a Wyvern or two for the spiders to also bond with, just to kind of make it easier for OMs and to adds another potent force for after Sujoah dies.
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:29 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniour View Post
I don't know, 4 and 4 with 8 move is really good to fly across the map and do some damage. Sure Sujoah is expensive, but he can still do damage to low life or low defense heroes quickly.

And when it comes to using Sujoah with the spiders, I just don't love the idea. Spiders can't keeps up with Sujoah because they can't fly, and they don't benefit Sujoah in any way, so once Sujoah is gone the spiders are just a waste of points. The only time I would use spiders and Sujoah are when I have a Wyvern or two for the spiders to also bond with, just to kind of make it easier for OMs and to adds another potent force for after Sujoah dies.
I wholeheartedly agree. The Fyorlag Spiders had potential, but blew it by not expanding on the whole bug-themed army thing.

And it wasn't a bad idea, either.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units