Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old June 17th, 2008, 01:11 PM

gniknomad has disabled reputation
Sujoah and Lagalor Special Attacks

I have what is probably a dumb question about Sujoah and Laglor, but it came to mind because of our old adage: "Do what the card says, and not what it doesn't." I have read the "Sujoah keeps rolling vs Stealth Armor" thread, but did not see this particular question answered.

Anyways, How many times does Sujoah get to roll for poison damage? If I go strictly by what the card says; it seems like you get to roll it once if the initial attack was successful, and then again if you are successful with the first Poison Damage roll.

If Sujoah inflicts at least 1 wound with Poison Sting S.A, roll the 20-sided die for Poison Damage. If you roll 1-9, the defending figure receives no additional wounds for Poison Damange. If you roll 10-19, add 1 additional wound marker to the defending figure's Army Card, and roll again for Poison Damage. If you roll a 20, destroy the figure."

It makes no mention that if you are continually successful with the Poison Damage roll that you get to keep rolling for more Poison Damage again and again. With almost a 50% chance to inflict Poison Damage, it seems like this would make Sujoah seriously overpowered, compared to other figures, if he gets to keep rolling over and over again with that kind of odds.

The same goes for Lagalor:

When attacking with Autoload S.A, you may roll Vydar Valkyrie dice. If you roll at least one Vydar symbol, you may attack again using A.S.A."

Again, it makes no mention that you may continue attacking over and over as long as you keep rolling a Vydar symbol. It sounds like you make the initial attack roll, and if you get a Vydar symbol, may attack again…just one more time.

Now Deathwalker 8000, on the other hand, DOES specifically state this:

"If Deathwalker's Rapid Fire S.A inflicts a wound, he may attack again with his R.F.S.A. Deathwalker may continue attacking with his R.F.S.A until he does not inflict a wound

So if we go by only doing what the card says; it looks like we only get two possible rolls at Poison Damage with Sujoah and one extra attack from Laglor if the first was successful.

On a side note, I have always played Laglor that he can keep attacking again and again as long as a Vydar symbol was rolled. I have never even questioned this before until recently reading Sujoah’s and DW8000’s cards also.

Please let me know what you all think and how you would normally play these characters.

Thanks!

Last edited by gniknomad; July 8th, 2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old June 17th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Sujoah and Lagalor Special Attacks

They continue until the conditions prescribed in the description of hte special are no longer met.
Old June 17th, 2008, 02:19 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

I don't know who "Lagalor" is, but...

Quote:
If Sujoah inflicts at least 1 wound with Poison Sting S.A, roll the 20-sided die for Poison Damage. If you roll 1-9, the defending figure receives no additional wounds for Poison Damange. If you roll 10-19, add 1 additional wound marker to the defending figure's Army Card, and roll again for Poison Damage. If you roll a 20, destroy the figure.
Notice that you roll again with a 10-19. What happens when you do that and roll a 10-19 again? You follow the card, which says you add another wound and roll again.

So yes, the card text does specifically spell it out. When you roll again, if you get the result that says roll again, you... roll again. And so on.
Old June 17th, 2008, 03:28 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Laglor is the same way. If he rolls a Vydar symbol, you get to attack again. And if he rolls another, you attack again. You were playing him the right way.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old June 17th, 2008, 03:52 PM

gniknomad has disabled reputation

Thank you all for your input! And I meant Laglor...the flagbearer. You knew who I meant. Sorry for all of the [Veranda] text you had to read through too. I copied and pasted my question from a MSWord doc and that is what it did.

I thought I was probably giving those cards too literal of an interpretation, and I see what you are saying about just following the same steps over and over again.

Thanks!
Old June 17th, 2008, 04:01 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Sujoah

sounds

awesome!

Especially when you take into account the bonding with the spiders.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:52 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

So Sujoah can keep rolling indefinately as long as he rolls 10-19, kinda like a d-20 version of DW8000's rapid fire special attack?
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:01 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
So Sujoah can keep rolling indefinately as long as he rolls 10-19, kinda like a d-20 version of DW8000's rapid fire special attack?
Yes.
Read the thread.
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:07 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

I read the thread. Just hard to believe he can do so much damage just by rolling a 10 through 19. SUJOAH'S COMING!! RUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker

what's even better, is that his poison doesn't have restrictions such as solborgs being safe and includes large figures. The juggernaut is here beeotch.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:22 PM

OK, now I'm officially terrified of this thing.
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:27 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sujoah did 5 hits to Charos in our latest game. No chance to counterstrike after the initial hit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's